Energized

Tiny crumb from today's SCOTUS decision aftermath:

If ACA had been overturned, Democrats would be feeling the energy and determination and commitment which the right now feels. As much as it sucks that we have to wait until 2013 to fix this travesty, it's one small blessing that the energy is on our side.

Ya'll on the left, go enjoy your parties. Get drunk. You won. It's all good. :eusa_whistle:

Of course they're energized. Just like the gay haters and the women haters, the GOP can now draw on the middle-class and poor haters. I just hope he riles up the pot smoking haters before it's all over.

The Supreme Court just called Obama a liar --- how do you like that, TM?

Bastard said it wasn't a tax ... and the only way he can take a win is to accept the verdict that he lied and hope that people don't care.

You think that people getting perks will make them not care about the lies. I think those people who place perks above freedom will be complacent and will stay home on election day.

We on the right won't be staying home. We're going to boot the liar in chief out.

You guys are really getting hung up on the semantics of this, aren't you?

Whether you call it a "tax" or a "mandate", it doesn't change the effect of the law.

Words mean something. Especially in the Arena of Ideas. People dont like their taxes going up. Americans especially. Heck, we took on the greatest military in the world at the time because of taxes.

The "Arena of Ideas"?

That's hilarious. If by that you mean the "Arena of Talking Points", then you're right.

Of course "people don't like taxes". But that doesn't change the fact that yesterday, no one was calling "Obamacare" a "tax".

Has the law changed in the last 24 hours?

You guys are really getting hung up on the semantics of this, aren't you?

Whether you call it a "tax" or a "mandate", it doesn't change the effect of the law.

Words mean something. Especially in the Arena of Ideas. People dont like their taxes going up. Americans especially. Heck, we took on the greatest military in the world at the time because of taxes.

The "Arena of Ideas"?

That's hilarious. If by that you mean the "Arena of Talking Points", then you're right.

Of course "people don't like taxes". But that doesn't change the fact that yesterday, no one was calling "Obamacare" a "tax".

It has.

What part of that don't you understand ?

The "Arena of Ideas"?

It has.

What part of that don't you understand ?

What part of the mandate has changed?

I just sent Romney a donation. I hope others do the same. Since Tennessee is solid Romney I plan on traveling to neighboring swing states and helping get out the vote there. Obamanation has to go.

I'm getting my checkbook ready too, so I can write a big fat check to the Obama campaign.

If ACA had been overturned, Democrats would be feeling the energy and determination and commitment which the right now feels. As much as it sucks that we have to wait until 2013 to fix this travesty, it's one small blessing that the energy is on our side.

Ya'll on the left, go enjoy your parties. Get drunk. You won. It's all good. :eusa_whistle:

Really? What happens in 2013? Romney as President? Well, if that does happen (it isn't going to by the way), the GOP would still need a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. That won't happen either.

Thanks for playing.

Really? You real sure the repubs can't use the nuclear option to repeal ACA if they can just get a simple majority? And of course if Romney wins.

It's classic USMB rightwing nuttery that the 'nuts had a spin ready to portray the healthcare outcome as a loss for Obama no matter which way it went.

Why are you people such idiots? God only knows how stupid the ordinary conservatives must be,

if you people are supposed to represent the intelligent well informed variety.

No, you have that wrong. People don't need more taxes. They want to be LEFT ALONE.

STUPID is voting for Rangel. LMAO. Now THAT is stupid!

republicans meet the new part of the third rail.

try to take these things away from the people see how many votes for you

The Supreme Court just called Obama a liar --- how do you like that, TM?

Bastard said it wasn't a tax ... and the only way he can take a win is to accept the verdict that he lied and hope that people don't care.

You think that people getting perks will make them not care about the lies. I think those people who place perks above freedom will be complacent and will stay home on election day.

We on the right won't be staying home. We're going to boot the liar in chief out.

Well, I can thank TM for a tiny bit of amusement as the day winds down -- apparently even for her the truth doesn't matter if she perceives political advantage from the deception.

Really? What happens in 2013? Romney as President? Well, if that does happen (it isn't going to by the way), the GOP would still need a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. That won't happen either.

Thanks for playing.

Romney will grant waivers, the House will pass the repeal and the GOP-majority Senate simply needs to drop the Senate filibuster rule, as Reid considered doing earlier this year.

Bye Bye Obamacare.

Time to start playing dirty like the Leftist scum.

The largest tax increase in the history of America. democrats done it good today..

Would you be so kind as to link the source to that claim? I think there have been bigger taxes, such as the 15% payroll tax enacted in the 30's.
There have been many larger tax increase. What the Right chooses to ignore is the law contains a number of tax savings such as credits that help people buy insurance, tax credits for small businesses, tax credits for adoptions, and tax credits and grants to small firms that show significant potential to produce new and cost-saving therapies. Of course the Right doesn't recognize these as tax savings because they don't cut taxes for the 1%.

Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions

I just sent Romney a donation. I hope others do the same. Since Tennessee is solid Romney I plan on traveling to neighboring swing states and helping get out the vote there. Obamanation has to go.

I'm getting my checkbook ready too, so I can write a big fat check to the Obama campaign.

You better hurry because he's going to need it once the ads go out of him saying..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8erePM8V5U]President Obama's Pledge Never to Raise Taxes on Anyone Making Less Than $250,000 a Year - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for playing.

They will just choke it off by not funding it.

You are free to keep playing with Chris.

It's classic USMB rightwing nuttery that the 'nuts had a spin ready to portray the healthcare outcome as a loss for Obama no matter which way it went.

Why are you people such idiots? God only knows how stupid the ordinary conservatives must be,

if you people are supposed to represent the intelligent well informed variety.

attack insult attack insult, all the dems do.

The SCOTUS has given Romney a major gift with this decision. AND to call it what it is...a tax. Thank you so much Men (and women) in Black.

Rasmussen points out in an article how steady the numbers have been for repeal in the polling data.

The link has the polling numbers for two years since this was passed. The numbers tell the story.

With the U.S. Supreme Court poised to decide the fate of President Obama’s national health care law, most voters still would like to see the law repealed. It’s indicative of how steady support for repeal has been that this week’s finding is identical to how voters felt in the first survey after the law’s passage by Congress in March 2010.

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

Forum List

Back