Enemy China Could Overwhelm U.S. Forces in Matter of Hours

North Vietnam had the 4th largest Army in the world in 1979 and were veterans of combat vs. United States Military. China was still at 1950’s levels of modernization in 1979, while North Vietnam had the best weapons systems the Soviet Union could give them over previous 15 years. I wouldn’t use the border conflict in 1979 as a gauge for 2019 China.
The Chicoms do not have the logistical ability to supply a large number of men by sea or much by railroad either.

Lets say they try to invade Taiwan. While the Taiwanese are using a fully supplied military force, backed up by American air power, the best in the world, and the Chinese navy would be destroyed if they came near by the US Navy, also the best in the world.

Unless China leads off with nukes, which would lead to them having everything destroyed and pounded back into the Stone Age, they could not hope to take Taiwan with all those pretty little tanks and airplanes that are directed by GROUND COMMAND as it uses a Soviet Style command and control system.

I wont say China is a Paper Tiger, because they are not,, but a vigilant well armed Japan, S Korea, Taiwan, Phillipines, Australia, etc, have nothing to fear from those commie bastards. They have far more to fear from the commies that live within their own borders.
All of our navigation and weapons systems are largely dependent on satellite technology and interdependent technology. China will go after that first and foremost. Also, our military is rapidly being served by millennials. Soft. Very soft generation.

All of our navigation and weapons systems are largely dependent on satellite technology and interdependent technology. China will go after that first and foremost. Also, our military is rapidly being served by millennials. Soft. Very soft generation.
I have asked some friends who would know about that. I hate the thought they don't teach how to use a sextant any more.

But they all say don't worry, we have multiple layers of back up navigational ability.

I trust them.

I have asked some friends who would know about that. I hate the thought they don't teach how to use a sextant any more.

But they all say don't worry, we have multiple layers of back up navigational ability.

I trust them.
Spent my time on high seas as a US Marine. I have faith in the Navy. God knows we will need it. When I was on ship I just wanted them to hurry up and drop us off somewhere. Desert, jungle, urban, it didn’t matter. Ship life blows.

I think at some point China will launch an attack on us that will make Pearl Harbor look like child's play. Putin is sleeping with one eye open to the SE. Chinese tentacles are enveloping the world. China is dreaming the dream of empire and lost glory. I think when they hit us Putin hits them and gets rid of us both.
Bingo!

China wouldn't dare strike us first directly. There would be 500 million slant eyes vaporized in 30 minutes.

Our ICBM's had navigational capabilities long before the invention of GPS so trust me, they got this. China has no known ability to destroy our entire GPS sat system anyway. They have never shown a capability of shooting down anything other than one time they shot down their own satelleite in low earth orbit. We have many satellites much much further away. That's like saying they can shoot a dime at 1000 meters because they shot a quarter at a foot and a half. LEO is less than 1000km high. Our GPS systems are over 20,000km high.

Information a little more reliable than CNN:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/26270815?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents

Last edited:

Forum List

Back