End The Insanity Of The War on Drugs ~ Start With Decriminalizing Marijuana...

Government's can't do anything for "free". They would need to steal money from their citizens to pay for the labor to make the drugs or they would need to steal the money from their citizens to pay for the purchase of the drugs.

:eusa_angel:

DAMN!!! So much for free healthcare...I knew it sounded too good to be true.

I hope you didn't think Obama could get you free health care.:eusa_angel:

Just repeating what all his people's said...

Are you suggesting that they wont profit if drugs are legalized?

For the most part, yes.

In the 1920s and 30s urban gangs made huge profits off of the black market sale of alcohol. How many people make it rich by selling side of the road homemade alcoholic beverages today? How many gangs now make millions and are totally funded off of the trade and sale of alcoholic beverages.

There are no denying the facts. Prohibition is a failure. It was a failure in the 30s when it caused violence in the inner cities. It's a failure now that it's causing violence in the inner cities. It's a failure that with the formation of all these gangs that thrive off of the drug trade and all of these murders going on daily in the inner cities of this nation, is down right CRIMINAL.

The only correction for this failure is decriminalization.

I see your point...and now that alchohol can be bought from one of 1,000's of brands, types and flavors, we have the ability to develop 1000's of brands,types and flavors of weed.

Go to California there's a couple of shops that sell medical marijuana to those who need it now that it's legal with a prescription. Since a lot of patients are to old to smoke pot those who sell it often sell it buy cooking it into brownies, cookies, and candies. I think it was an Alex Jones documentary that I watched where I saw that they'd made their own candy bars, mixed pot into peanut butter and caramel ice cream topping all kinds of stuff. That's the future of medical marijuana.

As for marijuana that's smoke conventionally, I'd imagine the marijuana industry would look largely like the tobacco industry, yes. Many different flavors and brands and what not. It'd be a pretty big and booming business for a while, it might create some jobs. Then eventually once people get bored with marijuana which they'll ultimately do once it's legal it'll just fizzle into American culture and the excitement will die out.

It's idiotic that it's still illegal (pot that is).

Everyone knows it.

In ten years, the country is going to look much different. Starting with California legalizing it for recreational use this fall.

TEAPARTYRETARD VOMITS: "Hey I bet if we legalized murder, rape and theft, we could reduce crime in this country too!"

:rolleyes:

...yep, another stoooopid fuck republican cheerleader who complains about 'big government' and high taxes...cheerleading for big government police, lawyers, judges, jails, etc., to prosecute the unconstitutional and FAILED big government 'war on drugs'..

...stfu, you conservative republican douchebags..

...the rest of you, have a good day!..

While i do not see an issue with legalizing certain drugs such as pot. E and maybe shrooms certain ones I have concerns about. Things like meth and heroin and maybe coke are simply too addictive and life disrupting to just let people use them. Also any goverment legalization would require goverment control, similar I would think to state run booze stores. There would have to be a limit to how much can be dispensed at a certain time. With the drugs i mentioned soon the amount wouldn't be enough, and they would have to go to illiegal sources.

One benefit of at least legalizing some would be better focus on the bad ones.

It's not daddy gubbamint's job to protect people from themselves.

If you want to ruin your life doing crazy shit that doesn't make any sense like meth, you should be free to do it. Taking my hard earned tax dollars to try to prevent stupid people from being stupid is a possibility that I absolutely detest. Our policy towards marijuana in this nation should be legalization simply because it has medical value and because it's largely harmless compared to a lot of these legal pharmaceutical drugs that kill more people month than weed ever has. Towards other drugs we should decriminalize. You can't fight a war against drugs because that inevitably becomes a war against people. Plus, even if it was possible to get rid of Meth or some of these other "hardcore" drugs people would find other (just as dangerous) ways to get high. Stupid people do what stupid people do. Let them live and keep your hands out of my pockets.

The issue becomes that people who do the harder drugs to the point of excess will become a cost issue to the state, unless we make a law denying them any care for thier habit. While some people may see this as a good idea, it has a snowballs chance in hell of becoming a reality.

For some drugs being functional when you do not use them is not an issue. I know plenty of pot smokers who run normal regular lives. Same with E and shrooms. Function methheads and junkies are harder to find.

Marijuana should be decriminalized and we need to reintroduce hemp as a meaningful product in our society

There is no reason to outlaw either marijuana or it useful cousin hemp!

The logging industry will shrink when we don't need wood for paper but it will still be a needed industry

While i do not see an issue with legalizing certain drugs such as pot. E and maybe shrooms certain ones I have concerns about. Things like meth and heroin and maybe coke are simply too addictive and life disrupting to just let people use them. Also any goverment legalization would require goverment control, similar I would think to state run booze stores. There would have to be a limit to how much can be dispensed at a certain time. With the drugs i mentioned soon the amount wouldn't be enough, and they would have to go to illiegal sources.

One benefit of at least legalizing some would be better focus on the bad ones.

It's not daddy gubbamint's job to protect people from themselves.

If you want to ruin your life doing crazy shit that doesn't make any sense like meth, you should be free to do it. Taking my hard earned tax dollars to try to prevent stupid people from being stupid is a possibility that I absolutely detest. Our policy towards marijuana in this nation should be legalization simply because it has medical value and because it's largely harmless compared to a lot of these legal pharmaceutical drugs that kill more people month than weed ever has. Towards other drugs we should decriminalize. You can't fight a war against drugs because that inevitably becomes a war against people. Plus, even if it was possible to get rid of Meth or some of these other "hardcore" drugs people would find other (just as dangerous) ways to get high. Stupid people do what stupid people do. Let them live and keep your hands out of my pockets.

The issue becomes that people who do the harder drugs to the point of excess will become a cost issue to the state, unless we make a law denying them any care for thier habit. While some people may see this as a good idea, it has a snowballs chance in hell of becoming a reality.

For some drugs being functional when you do not use them is not an issue. I know plenty of pot smokers who run normal regular lives. Same with E and shrooms. Function methheads and junkies are harder to find.

Well we have a grand experiment in absolute liberty or decriminalization in other nations that have tried it. Nations that have decriminalized hard drugs have found that it doesn't lead to a huge drug problem and the tax payers do not have a major burden.

When you're talking about "hard drugs" you're talking about drugs that can be made in the home for the most part. A lot of times these drugs just can't be stopped. There are studies that suggest if Marijuana is legalized then less people would resort to hard drugs, (drugs that they create in their own home). I'm not so sure if this is true, but it's worth a try.

Yes, I'm one of those people that believes if they end up doing hard drugs then tax dollars shouldn't be used to bail them out, of their own actions, especially if the much safer alternative in marijuana is a legal choice for them to use. Just like I think tax dollars shouldn't be used to fund health care for people who smoke, or really health care at all. I'm under the impression that the churches and rehab organizations could do much better at helping people who have given their lives over to drugs than the government. We've seen how well they've fought this "war on drugs" so far, the federal government's credibility is shit and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Absolutely correct. And one more detriment to the US from this abysmal failure, the War on Drugs...the creation of power bases within government for such things as the DEA and the Drug Czar. Nothing ensures a problem will last forever more than creating a government agency to solve it.

Legalize everything and let the medical community deal with the issue of addition. No one in my family is going to start using heroin...and I doubt any other rational people will do so. But all these years of suffering by the US and other nations is enough. Legalize drugs before Mexico drags us into the abyss we have created.

I had a problem with addition and went to see my doctor about it. He wrote me a prescription for a pack of those math flash cards. Didn't help me a whole lot...:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey I bet if we legalized murder, rape and theft, we could reduce crime in this country too!

murder rape and theft affect other people. smoking pot does not. please learn about the idea of liberty this country was founded upon

End The Insanity Of The War on Drugs ~ Start With Decriminalizing Marijuana On The Federal Level
Commentary & Analysis
Congressman Paul

In light of the recent drug-related violence in Mexico, it is appropriate to reflect on how our current prohibition laws affect crime, law enforcement and the economy.

Many will have the knee-jerk reaction of wanting to see more of a crackdown on illegal drugs. But I have to ask: Haven't we been cracking down on drugs for several decades only to see the black market flourish and the violence escalate? Could there be a more effective approach?

The illegality of drugs is, in fact, the Number One factor that keeps profits up for dealers and cartels, and ensures that organized crime dominates the market.

Cocaine, for example, has about a 17,000-percent markup and sells for more than gold in some areas. This is nothing new or unique to drugs, but a predictable outcome of prohibition.

During alcohol prohibition, Al Capone and others involved in organized crime made fortunes taking advantage of the dangerous and lucrative underground market the laws had created. Every time law enforcement makes another bust, profits rise for the remaining suppliers. These types of economic forces are insurmountable for law enforcement, but make for very good business for dealers and cartels.

For the rest of us, however, it is a disaster. The war on drugs keeps our prisons full to bursting at great expense to taxpayers, but also at great danger to the public at large when the real criminals, the murderers, the rapists, the child molesters, are let out to make room for non-violent drug offenders.

We imprison more of our population per capita than Russia or China ever have, and yet criminals like Philip Garrido (Jaycee Lee Dugard's kidnapper) are out there able to rape and kidnap again and again. (It is interesting that in his case, a little marijuana caught the attention of law enforcement more than repeated reports from neighbors of children in his backyard).

The War on Drugs skews the priorities of law enforcement to the detriment of the public.

Repeal of alcohol prohibition certainly did organized crime no favors. So too today, if we wanted to pull the rug out from under violent drug cartels, create legitimate job opportunities in place of the black market, realign the priorities of law enforcement, and make room in prison for the people that ought to be there, we need to end the insanity of the War on Drugs.

Decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level would be a start.
© 2010 CNBC.com

Really, dude. Get a grip. Jimmy Carter's been out of office since 1980 and even HE couldn't sell this.

the war on drugs is the epitome of big government. where in the Constitution can the government tell me what I can or can't put into my body?

End The Insanity Of The War on Drugs ~ Start With Decriminalizing Marijuana On The Federal Level
Commentary & Analysis
Congressman Paul

In light of the recent drug-related violence in Mexico, it is appropriate to reflect on how our current prohibition laws affect crime, law enforcement and the economy.

Many will have the knee-jerk reaction of wanting to see more of a crackdown on illegal drugs. But I have to ask: Haven't we been cracking down on drugs for several decades only to see the black market flourish and the violence escalate? Could there be a more effective approach?

The illegality of drugs is, in fact, the Number One factor that keeps profits up for dealers and cartels, and ensures that organized crime dominates the market.

Cocaine, for example, has about a 17,000-percent markup and sells for more than gold in some areas. This is nothing new or unique to drugs, but a predictable outcome of prohibition.

During alcohol prohibition, Al Capone and others involved in organized crime made fortunes taking advantage of the dangerous and lucrative underground market the laws had created. Every time law enforcement makes another bust, profits rise for the remaining suppliers. These types of economic forces are insurmountable for law enforcement, but make for very good business for dealers and cartels.

For the rest of us, however, it is a disaster. The war on drugs keeps our prisons full to bursting at great expense to taxpayers, but also at great danger to the public at large when the real criminals, the murderers, the rapists, the child molesters, are let out to make room for non-violent drug offenders.

We imprison more of our population per capita than Russia or China ever have, and yet criminals like Philip Garrido (Jaycee Lee Dugard's kidnapper) are out there able to rape and kidnap again and again. (It is interesting that in his case, a little marijuana caught the attention of law enforcement more than repeated reports from neighbors of children in his backyard).

The War on Drugs skews the priorities of law enforcement to the detriment of the public.

Repeal of alcohol prohibition certainly did organized crime no favors. So too today, if we wanted to pull the rug out from under violent drug cartels, create legitimate job opportunities in place of the black market, realign the priorities of law enforcement, and make room in prison for the people that ought to be there, we need to end the insanity of the War on Drugs.

© 2010 CNBC.com

Really, dude. Get a grip. Jimmy Carter's been out of office since 1980 and even HE couldn't sell this.

pot will be legal country wide within 15-20 years. things always start at the state and california is about to legalize it and once other states see the benefits (both the reduction of stress on cops for stupid shit such as dime bags and also the tax benefits), they will join too.

Commentary & Analysis
Congressman Paul

© 2010 CNBC.com

pot will be legal country wide within 15-20 years. things always start at the state and california is about to legalize it and once other states see the benefits (both the reduction of stress on cops for stupid shit such as dime bags and also the tax benefits), they will join too.

Really? The state that is going desperately broke (California) leads the country on policy???????

And you tell me to learn logic???????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Really? The state that is going desperately broke (California) leads the country on policy???????

do you know how many hundreds of millions or by some estimates billions that taxing pot would bring in? it would quickly reverse their 'broke' status and its one of the main reasons they are going for it. once other states see the benefits in not keeping the court systems clogged up over teenagers with $5 worth of weed and the taxes it brings in, they will consider it as well.

and yes you need to become more logical, it would help your posting.

One you stand for your silly notion of the concept of "liberty" about as well as Nanci Pelosi stands for the constitution. You and your ideology are a fake and a fraud.

Second, California has led the US in major public policy decisions before being the first state to end the segregation of schools in 1947, which personally I think was a pretty monumental action and led to a series of crucial events such as the Brown V Board of Education ruling in 1955. The same can be done here with California and this state can exercise it's right as a state to maintain it's own laws and force the federal governemnt to act constitutionally FOR ONCE and end this unconstitutional and immoral war on drugs. Which I find to be an amazing opportunity and exciting to say the least.

NOW if you're done being a pompous ass and trying to down a whole state because of your twisted and inconsistent neo-con political agenda we can all move on and again discuss the topic at hand. Thank you.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

do you know how many hundreds of millions or by some estimates billions that taxing pot would bring in? it would quickly reverse their 'broke' status and its one of the main reasons they are going for it. once other states see the benefits in not keeping the court systems clogged up over teenagers with $5 worth of weed and the taxes it brings in, they will consider it as well.

and yes you need to become more logical, it would help your posting.

:lol::lol::lol:

Logical is buy into your fantasies? :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back