End the Foolish War on Drugs

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
It would be significant, fuckface.

I see you and OCA are neck-and-neck in the competition for best debater. You boys deserve eachother. Better move to Massachussettes...:D

Originally posted by nycflasher
You have vastly outsmarted me. :D :rolleyes:

another fact, make of it what you will:

From 1977-1995, U.S. prison spending increased by 823% while spending on higher education went up by only 374%.

Does that mean we spent twice as much money imprisoning people as we did educating them?

Don't jump on me... just a question.;)

You're assuming that increased spending on education is the answer, its not.

Do the crime do the time, keep dangerous felons off the streets and that includes anybody involved in the drug trade although I think weed ought to be legalized.

I see you and OCA are neck-and-neck in the competition for best debater. You boys deserve eachother. Better move to Massachussettes...:D

Nice try, I guess you're worst nightmare has come to fruition we're both ripping you at the same time. Better go get some gatorade and gauze bandages and tape it could be painful.

Originally posted by OCA
Nice try, I guess you're worst nightmare has come to fruition we're both ripping you at the same time. Better go get some gatorade and gauze bandages and tape it could be painful.

My door mat is tougher than you are.
And wittier.;)

My door mat is tougher than you are.
And wittier.;)

Hey I didn't know they had a doormat at the entrance to the Salvation Army mission, you learn something new everyday.

You can't run with me, say uncle now and i'll quit fucking with ya.

Originally posted by OCA
Matts why are you a pussy and keep your nic hidden and invisible? Are you afraid Chippewa?

I see you just took yourself off of invisible, thats mighty Republican of ya:D

Show me one person from any social level in America who has done heroin and not ultimately screwed his life up. I know of a few who have lost everything, fucking people who had it all.
That's what I've thought, and it's much more likely with that than with weed. Also, I've never heard of anyone dying from smoking weed. But plenty of people die from heroin, crack, and other drugs (or they nearly do). I don't see why those should ever be legal.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
That's what I've thought, and it's much more likely with that than with weed. Also, I've never heard of anyone dying from smoking weed. But plenty of people die from heroin, crack, and other drugs (or they nearly do). I don't see why those should ever be legal.

Only problem with that logic, is that people die from cigs, alcohol and cholesterol and their all legal.

I definitely favor marijuana legalization, harder drugs are harder to legalize I agree. But still, I think it's worth considering.

Weed Yes. Hard drugs no.

I can understand why "they" don't want weed legalized. Hell when you can put a pot out on the porch, throw a few seeds in it and bingo, a few months later you've got smoke, then nobody would "make any money on it", and we just couldn't have that now could we?

Legalizing hard drugs would be a stake through the heart of America. You might as well reach in and pull out the spine of this great nation. Any person advocating legalizing hard drugs is nothing less than a fucking traitor. You're wishing destruction of "MY" country. Move to fucking Amsterdam where they DID legalize drugs, and now they have a fucking JUNKIE problem from hell. You can help take care of the fucking BRAIN DEAD ZOMBIES they have there.

I'll bet there's one person that everybody here knows in there lives that hit the drugs hard, and now they can't make sense in even a short sentence. Hard drugs fry your brain. I guess that explains EXACTLY why your opinions are so fucked up matts.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
anyone who is ok with drug enforcement agencies having the power to raid, terrorize, and kill citizens of this country in the fervent pursuit of the war on drugs needs to be the next victim of a police drug raid.

there is NO, and I mean NO, excuse for the death of an innocent citizen with the stupid explanation of being for the 'greater good' in the fight against drugs.

Two words... collateral damamge.

Only problem with that logic, is that people die from cigs, alcohol and cholesterol and their all legal.
But there are people who drink, but not excessively. Maybe there are also people who do the same thing with heroin, crack, and other drugs like that, but I highly doubt it.

And with cigarettes, yes, they do cause deaths and problems like fires. But deaths from cancer take years (and that's not always true with heroin and crack). I know you will also point out how people can die from alcohol poisoning, but it takes a lot of alcohol to do that and most people probably pass out by then, and it doesn't take nearly as much of the other drugs to kill you.

Looks like the "if it feels good - do it" crowd is out in force on this one. Why is it that it is mostly libs who want to legalize more forms of intoxicants? I think it's because libs think they're smarter than most everyone else and they can "handle" it. They never realize that they're wrong even when they're sticking a needle under their tongues.

The war on drugs has proceeded down the wrong path. We concentrate on suppliers. Well, boys and girls, suppliers are not the problem. USERS are the problem. But it is not politically correct to say that. By admitting that users are the problem, we would actually be admitting that a drug addict is personally responsible for his or her condition. In this culture of blaming anyone but yourself, that is an unacceptable conclusion.

I'm not saying give suppliers a pass. I'm saying change the emphasis and start going after users. When you catch them, for God's sake, don't throw them in jail. All we accomplish with that is stealing more money from the taxpayer. Instead of jail, hurt them financially. Fine them $1,000 for the first offense, $10,000 for the second, $25,000 for the third. If they can't come up with the money, seize their assets. If they have no assets, put them to work for the government until the debt is paid.

If we stop the use of drugs, the supply will vanish of its of accord.
It's as simple as that. The hard part is coming up with the political backbone to solve the problem.

Originally posted by OCA
Matts why are you a pussy and keep your nic hidden and invisible? Are you afraid Chippewa?

I've been away for the past several hours. I don't know what you mean by my keeping my nic hidden and invisible. I'm not afraid and I'm not Chippewa.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Two words... collateral damamge.

Collateral damage is a regrettable but often unavoidable element of war. It is acceptable to some degree in wars that are being fought to defend ourselves against human enemies that are attacking us by force. It is not acceptable when the "enemy" is an inanimate object that people CHOOSE to consume.

Originally posted by mattskramer
I've been away for the past several hours. I don't know what you mean by my keeping my nic hidden and invisible. I'm not afraid and I'm not Chippewa.

My bad that was meant for the other druggie Flasher.

I think the difference now is that people are addicted to Hard drugs because of the illeagl ways they need to get it. Back in the "old days" people did drugs on a regular basis and did not become addicted because they had a ready supply whenever they needed.

Now that they've created so many addicts it'd be impossible to just unleash the Hard drugs out there and not have people kill themselves. Too many people can't kick the habit.

Weed on the otherhand would be the same as it is now except that you won't get arrested if you smoke it. Everyone fucking smokes weed. Most do it in their homes, backyards, garages, front porches, wherever. So since so many people are doing it now, whats the harm in just legalizing it.

Originally posted by OCA
My bad that was meant for the other druggie Flasher.

You confessed to making an error?!? A mistake? A wrong?!! Wow - Is this a first for this Board? I gotta put this in my journal. :eek:

Originally posted by mattskramer
Collateral damage is a regrettable but often unavoidable element of war. It is acceptable to some degree in wars that are being fought to defend ourselves against human enemies that are attacking us by force. It is not acceptable when the "enemy" is an inanimate object that people CHOOSE to consume.

Drugs ARE an enemy that KILLS matts. Anything you injest that EXPLODES your heart minutes after you take it, or fries your brain so bad you don't even have any idea where the fuck you are, is an enemy to the human body, and the attempt at eliminating them from being brought into this country IS a WAR! Wars have collateral damage. The world isn't perfect.

I've never met a druggie in my life that was in any way exceptional. Quite the contrary. You can always tell they've been hitting the drugs pretty hard. They're fucking burnt out, and it's obvious as hell. They push the shopping carts in from the parking lots at Wal Mart, or change your oil at a Jiffy Lube. Their brain is shot and that's all they're capable of.

Is that where you're headed matts? Or is that just what you condone people do to themselves?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Drugs ARE an enemy that KILLS matts. Anything you injest that EXPLODES your heart minutes after you take it, or fries your brain so bad you don't even have any idea where the fuck you are, is an enemy to the human body, and the attempt at eliminating them from being brought into this country IS a WAR! Wars have collateral damage. The world isn't perfect.

Drug (inanimate objects in and of themselves) are no more an enemy than is this tiny bottle of Alcohol. Fat, greasy, cholesterol-filled cheeseburgers are not an enemy to the human body. Cigarettes and alcohol are not an enemy to the human body. If you do not CHOOSE to touch them or bother them in any way, they will not bother you. These things have to be ingested in order to for them be enemies to the human body.

Rapists and murderers (violent humans) into a different category. If you don't bother a rapist then he will still, by definition, rape. A murderer might FORCE his way into your home and attempt to murder you even if you do nothing. Unprovoked people from other nations who want to destroy you and take your land, may attempt to do so even if you don't choose to have them do so. The key distinction is FORCE Vs CHOICE .

I've never met a druggie in my life that was in any way exceptional. Quite the contrary. You can always tell they've been hitting the drugs pretty hard. They're fucking burnt out, and it's obvious as hell. They push the shopping carts in from the parking lots at Wal Mart, or change your oil at a Jiffy Lube. Their brain is shot and that's all they're capable of.

Is that where you're headed matts?

Please clarify your question. Do you mean to ask if I am going to be a fucking burned out druggie pushing shopping carts or changing oil? If so, the answer is "No". I advocate the legalization of many things. It does not follow that I would engage in the behavior in question personally.

Or is that just what you condone people do to themselves? [/B]

I am not familiar with the word "condone" so I looked it up. According to www.dictionary.com it means to overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure. I would support the legalization of illegal drugs (even hard drugs) while advising people not to engage in the consumption of hard drugs.

Government will never be able to save individuals from themselves, should they choose to destroy themselves. I don't want to live in a world where the government has that kind of power.

The people the government is charged with protecting are the victims of drug crime, most of which would be eliminated if drugs were legal.

I still have issues about crack being legal though.

Forum List

Back