End the Foolish War on Drugs

Originally posted by mattskramer
Today's illegal drugs were legal before 1914. Cocaine was even found in the original Coca-Cola recipe. Americans had few problems with cocaine, opium, heroin or marijuana. Drugs were inexpensive; crime was low. Most users handled their drug of choice and lived normal, productive lives. Addicts out of control were a tiny minority.

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Let's outlaw fast food cheeseburgers. They really put a strain on the healthcare dollar. Some people just don't seem capable of controlling themselves. They make themselves sick by eating fat, greasy, cholesterol-filled burgers day after day, week after week, and year after year, and then leave health-conscious citizens to pick up their medical bills.

In addition to that, we better outlaw high-sugar foods. I made the mistake of overdosing on sodas and sugar cookies a few months ago. I was on a sugar high all afternoon and evening. It was not a pretty picture.

I wonder if we should make the possession of bars of soap illegal. Consider all the people (particularly the elderly) who slip and fall on soap that they carelessly left in the bathtub, or even on the slick bathroom floor. If we need soap, let us limit it to "soap on a rope" which must always be hung. Perhaps we can allow people to have bottled soap though some people might not be able to handle that stuff.

Matts I would expect nothing less than off the wall arguments about cheeseburgers and soap. The fact is there is no real benefit to society of any of the "hard" drugs. LSD? Crack? Heroin? Ecstacy? Crystal Meth? If you think that society will not be damaged by legal drug use you are absolutely fucking ridiculous and intellectually void. Shit as for American companies regulating theirselves on drugs it won't matter, the mass of new drug addicts won't be able to fill out a simple application. You're notion of a person being able to be a recreational hard drug user is an absolute fallacy, you know it and that makes you a liar once again. I'm not even taking into account the new crush this would create on social service agencies across America caused directly by drug use. These things are common sense results of a legalization of all drugs.

Originally posted by OCA
Absolutely one of the most ridiculous statements posted on USMB to date. Right, you're going to sit there with a straight face and tell me there aren't any other people who would go down and get some black tar or crystal meth if it were available at Rite-Aid? Are you fucking serious?

Uhhh. No. that is not what he said. He said "IMO, we already have 'em and legalization wouldn't increase addiction rates SIGNIFICANTLY, --- if at all." Then again, you assume that I prefer guys merely because I think that Homosexual marriage should be made legal.

Clearly your reading and comprehension skills, if not debate skills, leave much to be desired.

I have a theory about people who want to legalize hard drugs, they are just fucking junkies already looking to get the price down on their dope of choice. Fucking losers. They don't believe in all this other bullshit, thats just smoke up people's asses. Hey Flasher, Matts etc. etc., you guys still put the needle in your arm or is it the propane torch to the glass pipe now? Hell I think I just explained some of y'all's ridiculous off the wall views.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Uhhh. No. that is not what he said. He said "IMO, we already have 'em and legalization wouldn't increase addiction rates SIGNIFICANTLY, --- if at all." Then again, you assume that I prefer guys merely because I think that Homosexual marriage should be made legal.

Clearly your reading and comprehension skills, if not debate skills, leave much to be desired.

No gayboy, he's saying they are already available so why not legalize them. If they are legalized they would most likely be sold over the counter, so anybody with half a brain will tell you that ease in obtaining the product will create a whole vast new crop of addicts and people dependent upon others(taxpayers) for their survival. Show me 1 benefit of having for example crack cocaine legal?

Originally posted by OCA
Absolutely one of the most ridiculous statements posted on USMB to date. Right, you're going to sit there with a straight face and tell me there aren't any other people who would go down and get some black tar or crystal meth if it were available at Rite-Aid? Are you fucking serious?

Yikes, settle down.
I think most people looking for Heroin or Meth have already found it. I tell you that with a straight face.

"Absolutely one of the most ridiculous statements posted on USMB to date."-- :rolleyes:

Originally posted by OCA
I have a theory about people who want to legalize hard drugs, they are just fucking junkies already looking to get the price down on their dope of choice. Fucking losers. They don't believe in all this other bullshit, thats just smoke up people's asses. Hey Flasher, Matts etc. etc., you guys still put the needle in your arm or is it the propane torch to the glass pipe now? Hell I think I just explained some of y'all's ridiculous off the wall views.

I love watching you make an ass of yourself.
No, I don't do Heroin. :rolleyes:
And the fact that you reduce a debate on the War on Drugs to your accusations of Heroin abuse is just...well... just that a fact.

As I said people that want to do drugs are already doing them. If I WANTED to do heroin I could have it delivered to my door in 10 minutes in NYC and probably not get caught. So puishing for its legalization would not really benefit me.

Good argument.

Originally posted by OCA
he's saying they are already available so why not legalize them.

Show me where I said that I think drugs should be legalized BECAUSE they are already available.

GO FISH

Originally posted by Sir Evil
I though you live in CT. Flasher? you flip flopping again?:D
I spend most of my time in CT but as much as possible in the city where I still have an apt...

I love to see the lunatic fringe reply. Anybody who thinks the legalization or even the use of drugs beneficial to a productive society doesn't even merit discussion with really.

Its ok Flasher I know you're just looking to drive the price down so you can get a better grade than the Mexican black tar.

Originally posted by OCA
Matts I would expect nothing less than off the wall arguments about cheeseburgers and soap. The fact is there is no real benefit to society of any of the "hard" drugs. LSD? Crack? Heroin? Ecstacy? Crystal Meth?

People clearly enjoy them. That is the benefit. People enjoy smoking. People enjoy baseball. People enjoy standing on their hands.

If you think that society will not be damaged by legal drug use you are absolutely fucking ridiculous and intellectually void.

Some individuals with make the conscious or unconscious choice to damage themselves. Yet, people make foolish choice concerning legal things quite often.

Shit as for American companies regulating theirselves on drugs it won't matter, the mass of new drug addicts won't be able to fill out a simple application.

Even if hard drugs were made legal, there would still be those who choose not to take hard drugs and there will be those who would be able to take the drugs and still lead productive lives.

Even if gay marriage becomes legal in Massachusetts, there will still be heterosexual marriages.

You're notion of a person being able to be a recreational hard drug user is an absolute fallacy, you know it and that makes you a liar once again.

I'll present you with 2 people who were able to be recreational hard drug users until the law caught them: Darryl Strawberry and Robert Downey Jr. You are wrong again but clearly you won't even stop your petty name-calling no matter how erroneous the term you use for me.

I'm not even taking into account the new crush this would create on social service agencies across America caused directly by drug use. These things are common sense results of a legalization of all drugs.

As I said before, (It looks as though you don't even fully read my messages.) there might be a few more addicts in need of medical attention if drugs were legalized. The allegedly added weight to social services would be easily carried by applying the financial the resources that would be subtracted from the police, courts, and jail system we have now.

Now. I am going out with my wife: A beautiful and loving lady. I probably won't be back to the Internet until tomorrow.

Originally posted by nycflasher
I love watching you make an ass of yourself.
No, I don't do Heroin. :rolleyes:
And the fact that you reduce a debate on the War on Drugs to your accusations of Heroin abuse is just...well... just that a fact.

As I said people that want to do drugs are already doing them. If I WANTED to do heroin I could have it delivered to my door in 10 minutes in NYC and probably not get caught. So puishing for its legalization would not really benefit me.

Good argument.

Of course having drugs at the convenience store or drug store is going to increase usage. Believe it or not, many people are constrained by our nation's laws. When the law is gone, and people see it at the drug store or liquor store, they may think, "What the hell". You're an idiot if you cannot acknowledge this simple fact.

IMO, we already have 'em and legalization wouldn't increase addiction rates significantly, if at all.

Alcohol, Cannabis, Cocaine, Heroin, Extacy, Morphine, Vikadin, Valium, Caffeine, Nicotine, MDMA, Meth, Oxycodone, etc.

WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF TH EWAR ON DRUGS?

So I guess we are supposed to infer from this statement that you don't support the legalization of drugs? If you are the type of loser who has no problen dealing with drug dealers, hey more power to ya, the fact is there are many untold millions who would give it a whirl if they could pick up an 1/8 oz while they were getting there bottle of Chivas. To say that addict rates would not increase significantly is intellectually unrealistic.

Show me one person from any social level in America who has done heroin and not ultimately screwed his life up. I know of a few who have lost everything, fucking people who had it all.

Originally posted by OCA
I love to see the lunatic fringe reply. Anybody who thinks the legalization or even the use of drugs beneficial to a productive society doesn't even merit discussion with really.

So shut up and go bother somebody else!:D

Are you still talking?
"Your lips are moving but you aint sayin' nothin'..."

For the record, I never said that I thought the use of drugs(quite a broad category) is beneficial to society.

I will say, that I think that locking people up for Heroin addiction is detrimental to society, and costly.

Originally posted by OCA
To say that addict rates would not increase significantly is intellectually unrealistic.

Why?
Hey I thought I was to much of an idiot to talk to?
I told you to shut up. :D

Listen to me... what are you, high?:D

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Of course having drugs at the convenience store or drug store is going to increase usage. Believe it or not, many people are constrained by our nation's laws. When the law is gone, and people see it at the drug store or liquor store, they may think, "What the hell". You're an idiot if you cannot acknowledge this simple fact.

I said significantly.
And I think you underestimate the common sense that many Americans have to not do something for reasons other than legality.

I wouldn't shoot Heroin if it were sitting in front of me nicely wrapped with a red bow and Salma Hayek nude wrapping paper.

Why?
Hey I thought I was to much of an idiot to talk to?
I told you to shut up. :D

Listen to me... what are you, high?:D

You're in over your head with me. Yeah that is true though, you are an idiot Chippewa.

I said significantly.
And I think you underestimate the common sense that many Americans have to not do something for reasons other than legality.

I wouldn't shoot Heroin if it were sitting in front of me nicely wrapped with a red bow and Salma Hayek nude wrapping paper.

I used to think most of America had common sense then we elected Bubba twice and that theory went down the shitter.

I said significantly.

It would be significant, fuckface.

Originally posted by OCA
You're in over your head with me. Yeah that is true though, you are an idiot Chippewa.

You have vastly outsmarted me. :D :rolleyes:

another fact, make of it what you will:

From 1977-1995, U.S. prison spending increased by 823% while spending on higher education went up by only 374%.

Does that mean we spent twice as much money imprisoning people as we did educating them?

Don't jump on me... just a question.;)

Forum List

Back