End the Foolish War on Drugs

Marijuana is more like cigarettes, and other hard drugs can make you addicted in one hit. Peer pressure among young people, if hard drugs are legalized, would mean taking away the future of many of our children. Think like a mother. When weed is used in moderation, it's better than alcohol- which is already legal. But, way too much weed can also cause people to go crazy. Not die. Just need to be hospitalized til they can get back on their feet again. Not as bad as alcohol, again. Anyone who thinks hard drugs should be legalized -what would be the legal 'shooting-up' age?

What about making it illegal to sell tobacco and marijuana, but not to grow it on your own or use it? Is that way too communist or whatever I've been accused of being?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
And you say you used to be a "DRUG COUNSELOR"? What the hell happened to your arguement about "predisposition".

"YES".... ONE HIT CAN and DOES make people addicts.

C'mooooon. Can't you liberals stick with one argument long enough to remember what you've said?

WAIT! I just figured it out. dildo is john kerry's brother.

One hit will not even make a person who is predisposed to addiction an addict. Why do you and new guy resort to insults?

Who's going to know if they like it in just one hit? If 16 year old Billy bought enough for 10 times, he's going to finish it. It's silly to even talk about legalizing hard drugs.

assumption!---you guys gotta realize NOT EVERYONE loves the feeling of hard drugs the first time--or the second!. You must be afraid of hard drugs because you certainly overestimate thier power. "Billy" may take one hit and say this sucks !

Originally posted by dilloduck
One hit will not even make a person who is predisposed to addiction an addict. Why do you and new guy resort to insults?

Wrong answer. I am not attempting to insult anyone. Crack cocaine in a reasonably pure form, Shooting the Dragon (heroin smoke via tinfoil), have both been stated by the AMA to be "potentially" habit forming on first ingestion. Can't find a link, I remember it during an awareness class for troop leaders. No doubt about it, DRUGS SUCK. But I still believe that if you live in America, then you should have the right to foul up your life to your hearts content, just don't ask me to pay for it.

The best war on drugs is fought by parents and employers not cops and prison guards.

How to keep your kids off drugs:

Take your 17 y/o to skid row.
Point out drunks and druggies.
Point out the low end junkie hookers.

Take him to county jail, leave him in drunk tank while sober for thirty minutes on a payday friday night.

Remind him/her that there is no free lunch and that every action has consequenses.

How to keep your employee off drugs.
Declare a zero tolerance policy. Put in writing and make them sign acknowlegeing it.
Random/frequent drug screening.
Fire anyone who comes up positive.
Repeat until you get a clean crew.

Originally posted by pegwinn
Wrong answer. I am not attempting to insult anyone. Crack cocaine in a reasonably pure form, Shooting the Dragon (heroin smoke via tinfoil), have both been stated by the AMA to be "potentially" habit forming on first ingestion. Can't find a link, I remember it during an awareness class for troop leaders. No doubt about it, DRUGS SUCK. But I still believe that if you live in America, then you should have the right to foul up your life to your hearts content, just don't ask me to pay for it.

The best war on drugs is fought by parents and employers not cops and prison guards.

How to keep your kids off drugs:

Take your 17 y/o to skid row.
Point out drunks and druggies.
Point out the low end junkie hookers.

Take him to county jail, leave him in drunk tank while sober for thirty minutes on a payday friday night.

Remind him/her that there is no free lunch and that every action has consequenses.

How to keep your employee off drugs.
Declare a zero tolerance policy. Put in writing and make them sign acknowlegeing it.
Random/frequent drug screening.
Fire anyone who comes up positive.
Repeat until you get a clean crew.

sorry but I'm gonna split hairs with ya
Habit forming does not = addiction

the rest of your post I loved--you present a much better and cheaper way of preventing drug addicting than making or keeping it illegal. It's like morality---you can't legislate it.

Well, I've gone on long enough about the how and why I feel as I do about legalizing hard drugs. I'm NOT going to split hairs. There's no need to do that.

Hard drugs will NEVER be legalized. At least I can take comfort in knowing that. I also take comfort in knowing that the "majority" thinks as I do.

Well, I've gone on long enough about the how and why I feel as I do about legalizing hard drugs. I'm NOT going to split hairs. There's no need to do that.

Hard drugs will NEVER be legalized. At least I can take comfort in knowing that. I also take comfort in knowing that the "majority" thinks as I do.

I agree --it will never happen. There are too many powerful and scummy SOBs out there who are getting filthy rich by selling overpriced drugs to Americans. This is to include our very own phamacuetical companies.

guess it goes like this then

Make certain drugs illegal (unless you have a perscription)
Declare a war on drugs
Use millions of taxpayer dollars to attempt to stop the flow
Take away the rights of citizens
Charge Americans more for persciption drugs than Canadians or Mexicans.
Spend millions on prisons to hold drug users
Have our law enforcement look for drugs instead of terrorists
Realize we are losing the war badly
Realize terrorists are funding terror through drug sales in the U.S.
Realize that in spite of all our efforts we STILL have addicts stealing and dying everyday.
Spend more millions trying to rehabilitate addicts.
Question the sanity and effectiveness of this "war"
Consider alternatives
see the word HARD DRUGS and tell Americans they are too weak to make thier own choices.
Continue fighting the war that wastes money,lives and resources while assisting the dealers to get rich

Originally posted by dilloduck
I agree --it will never happen. There are too many powerful and scummy SOBs out there who are getting filthy rich by selling overpriced drugs to Americans. This is to include our very own phamacuetical companies.

guess it goes like this then

Make certain drugs illegal (unless you have a perscription)
Declare a war on drugs
Use millions of taxpayer dollars to attempt to stop the flow
Take away the rights of citizens
Charge Americans more for persciption drugs than Canadians or Mexicans.
Spend millions on prisons to hold drug users
Have our law enforcement look for drugs instead of terrorists
Realize we are losing the war badly
Realize terrorists are funding terror through drug sales in the U.S.
Realize that in spite of all our efforts we STILL have addicts stealing and dying everyday.
Spend more millions trying to rehabilitate addicts.
Question the sanity and effectiveness of this "war"
Consider alternatives
see the word HARD DRUGS and tell Americans they are too weak to make thier own choices.
Continue fighting the war that wastes money,lives and resources while assisting the dealers to get rich

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

7 teens were just arrested on Mercer Island. 5 cops went into one classroom, whispering, 'Where is she?' Those old enough went to jail, the rest to their parents. They seized $1000 cash. Claim to have busted a crime ring. The drug was marijuana. Some of the students were supposed to graduate today. The next story on the news after that was a cop asking people to donate their energetic dogs to be used in sniffing cars to find drugs.

Any comment?

Originally posted by crazy canadian
7 teens were just arrested on Mercer Island. 5 cops went into one classroom, whispering, 'Where is she?' Those old enough went to jail, the rest to their parents. They seized $1000 cash. Claim to have busted a crime ring. The drug was marijuana. Some of the students were supposed to graduate today. The next story on the news after that was a cop asking people to donate their energetic dogs to be used in sniffing cars to find drugs.

Any comment?

Goddamn potheads, lock'em up and throw away the key. :rolleyes:

They should use the dogs for bomb-sniffing.
But there si no WOT, is there? :rolleyes:

If you're "applauding" it, then I know it's bull shit.

Thank you.

He-he, I know reading is tough for some, too.
Will try to include more graphic indicators...

:piss2: :firing:

Forum List

Back