End Tax Breaks for Profitable Corporations

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Sen. Bernie Sanders: End Tax Breaks for Profitable Corporations

Republicans in the House want to balance the budget by denying more than 200,000 little children the opportunity to receive an early education through Head Start; reducing or eliminating Pell Grants for 9.4 million college students; eliminating primary health care services to 11 million Americans; and delaying Social Security benefits to half a million eligible Americans, among other things.

Before Congress cuts funding for Head Start, Social Security, and financial aid for college, we have got to make sure that large, profitable corporations are paying their fair share of taxes.

At a time when we have a $14.2 trillion national debt and a $1.6 trillion federal deficit, it is unacceptable that Exxon Mobil, General Electric, Bank of America, Chevron, Boeing, and other large, profitable corporations are not only avoiding paying any federal income taxes at all but have actually received huge refund checks from the IRS.

Loopholes in the tax code, offshore tax havens, tax breaks to companies that export American jobs to China, and other tax breaks have allowed giant corporations in America to receive billions in refunds from the IRS.

Meanwhile corporations are sitting on nearly $2 trillion in cash on hand, and big banks have nearly a trillion dollars in excess reserves parked at the Federal Reserve.

In 2005, one out of four large corporations paid no income taxes at all even though they collected $1.1 trillion in revenue over that one-year period.

In 2009, Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits. Not only did Exxon not pay any federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to SEC filings

Huge corporations receiving tax refunds while actually paying no federal income taxes, that fucking tax cheating and highway robbery and what do the Repugs do about it? Nothing, except ask for more of the same.

smiley-signs035.gif

Huge corporations receiving tax refunds while actually paying no federal income taxes, that fucking tax cheating and highway robbery and what do the Repugs do about it? Nothing, except ask for more of the same.

You got me there. Republicans aren't all bad...

I'd like us to go back to a time with NO TAXES AT ALL.

Not because I don't think there should be taxes...but so that conservatives will learn that taxes aren't inherently evil.

Some taxes are worthwhile, right? Surely no conservatives are arguing for ZERO taxes at all, right?

What did the Dems with their super majority Congress and Dem POTUS do about it? Nada. Zip. Zilch.

But that's perfectly okay with idiot hacks such as yourself! :lmao:

How about no? I think that would be a great place to start. Unless of course you have some other plan for all the unemployed......Or hell I have an idea WHY NOT STOP SPENDING WOW what a concept

Republicans in the House want to balance the budget by denying more than 200,000 little children the opportunity to receive an early education through Head Start; reducing or eliminating Pell Grants for 9.4 million college students; eliminating primary health care services to 11 million Americans; and delaying Social Security benefits to half a million eligible Americans, among other things.

Before Congress cuts funding for Head Start, Social Security, and financial aid for college, we have got to make sure that large, profitable corporations are paying their fair share of taxes.

At a time when we have a $14.2 trillion national debt and a $1.6 trillion federal deficit, it is unacceptable that Exxon Mobil, General Electric, Bank of America, Chevron, Boeing, and other large, profitable corporations are not only avoiding paying any federal income taxes at all but have actually received huge refund checks from the IRS.

Loopholes in the tax code, offshore tax havens, tax breaks to companies that export American jobs to China, and other tax breaks have allowed giant corporations in America to receive billions in refunds from the IRS.

Meanwhile corporations are sitting on nearly $2 trillion in cash on hand, and big banks have nearly a trillion dollars in excess reserves parked at the Federal Reserve.

In 2005, one out of four large corporations paid no income taxes at all even though they collected $1.1 trillion in revenue over that one-year period.

In 2009, Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits. Not only did Exxon not pay any federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to SEC filings

I'd like us to go back to a time with NO TAXES AT ALL.

Not because I don't think there should be taxes...but so that conservatives will learn that taxes aren't inherently evil.

Some taxes are worthwhile, right? Surely no conservatives are arguing for ZERO taxes at all, right?

Right, our choices are the current oppressive system or no taxes at all, which no one is advocating. Show the need for one tax and you have justified our entire system. That's the bar you painted on the floor for yourself. Good argument there, my vacuous friend.

How about no? I think that would be a great place to start. Unless of course you have some other plan for all the unemployed......Or hell I have an idea WHY NOT STOP SPENDING WOW what a concept

One of the ways to cut spending and increase revenue is to cut tax cuts for the rich, why don't you dumb fucks ever talk about those cuts? Why not cut corporate welfare before cutting social welfare to people who actually need it? Cutting tax breaks and tax cuts for the rich is cutting spending, both have to be paid for.

One of the ways to cut spending and increase revenue is to cut tax cuts for the rich, why don't you dumb fucks ever talk about those cuts? Why not cut corporate welfare before cutting social welfare to people who actually need it? Cutting tax breaks and tax cuts for the rich is cutting spending, both have to be paid for.

Do you EVER take responsibility for yourself?

And of course an idiot like you would never think that possibly spending should in fact be cut. Or how about making the people using the Resource pay their fair share you know the bottom 40% that pay nothing into the system but take everything out.

Na hell that's to much to think about isn't it.

How long has old Bernie been in da
Senate? lining his pockets? doyathink?

I'm the military, I take responsibility for myself and those of my soldiers, do you take responsibility for yourself shithead?

Corporation who pay no income tax and or avoid paying taxes and outsource jobs overseas should be receiving tax refunds since they are contributing nothing. And cutting tax breaks and tax cuts for them is cutting spending because tax cuts and tax breaks must be paid for.

Excuse me while I laugh...

I'm the military, I take responsibility for myself and those of my soldiers, do you take responsibility for yourself shithead?

Corporation who pay no income tax and or avoid paying taxes and outsource jobs overseas should be receiving tax refunds since they are contributing nothing. And cutting tax breaks and tax cuts for them is cutting spending because tax cuts and tax breaks must be paid for.

Actually, your occupation has jack shit to do with this. You don't 'take responsibility' for 'your soldiers'. They are people.... individuals... they have responsibility for themselves, you fucking moron.

You have absolutely no intellect whatsoever. If stupidity were curable, I would hold out some hope for you. Sadly, it is not.

Yes comrade, all money is the people's money, money we don't take through taxes must be "paid for."

BTW, who's army are you in? There aren't a lot of communists left anymore. I admire you for keeping up the good fight though.

Actually, your occupation has jack shit to do with this. You don't 'take responsibility' for 'your soldiers'. They are people.... individuals... they have responsibility for themselves, you fucking moron.

You have absolutely no intellect whatsoever. If stupidity were curable, I would hold out some hope for you. Sadly, it is not.

NCOs are responsible for our soldiers, when they mess up and do stupid shit guess who gets their asses chewed out standing on the carpet? We do, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, so don't run your fucking mouth about military matters, have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

NCOs are responsible for our soldiers, when they mess up and do stupid shit guess who gets their asses chewed out standing on the carpet? We do, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, so don't run your fucking mouth about military matters, have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

That sounds completely unfair. Soldiers who mess up shouldn't be punished, the ones who are doing well should. They are in better position to take the punishment and punishing soldiers who mess up is just going to hold them down. Your system sounds very capitalist to me, and that's just wrong.

Nope... always the victim. It's what he does.

I never play the victim, can't say the same for Palin.

I never play the victim, can't say the same for Palin.

She certainly does in your fantasies. You can't have a conversation on anything without bringing her up, can you? Speaking of which, when you're jerking off to your naughty librarian fantasy do you do her right there in the library when you're spanking her or take her home first?

Forum List

Back