End of the World Reports. 12/21/2012.

Windy and Rainy in Greenpoint Brooklyn.

Not really a world ending weather event.

What a gyp.

The day isn't over yet! Did the Mayans say the world had to end at the beginning of the day? Nope, you should be on edge all day!

Back to the drawing board for the Mayans.

So...what is the new End Times for Idiots going to be? And who will be the messenger?

Aztecs? A five year old who sees angels? Someone with a pencil in their eye? A fiery preacher! A self-aware laptop!

Last edited:
The roads were eerily empty this morning.

Perhaps there was a Rapture.

Maybe it was a premonition by those Mayans that America would wake up and realize they were broke and end this fairy tail existence of fiscal insanity. Oh well, one can only dream.

Founded around 2000 B.C. and still active, though its numbers and influence have waned significantly over the past several hundred years, the Mayan civilization measures time in cycles called "baktuns" of 394 years each. The winter solstice that occurred Friday marks the end of the 13th baktun.

But not even modern-day Mayans bought into the coming apocalypse. They view the calendar as portending the end of one era and heralding the start of a new one, not the death of all the world's species.

"It's an era. We are lucky to see how it ends," said wood carver Santos Esteban in Yaxuna, Mexico, a sleepy village of fewer than 700 Mayans.

True to Esteban's less-than-dire prediction, Friday came and went in countless locales around the world -- from Sydney to Stockholm, from Kathmandu to Capetown -- without any epic calamity.

That's not to say Judgment Day isn't coming, and possibly soon. Some who study the Mayan calendar say the date for the end of the period is not Friday, but Sunday. And numerous groups, through the years and all around the world, have prophesied the end of the world on specific days.

They've all been wrong -- so far.

The end of the world? Not quite yet - CNN.com

Well, I'm still prepping for the Zombie Apocalypse.

OH NO not the zombies. I know this guy, he's not a friend but he thinks that is how the world will end. He even uses the bible to support his argument. :badgrin: In the last days the dead will rise. I tell him sure they will rise but not like you envision.

Forum List

Back