End of the embargo about french products

Discussion in 'Europe' started by padisha emperor, Oct 17, 2004.

1. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    End of the embargo on the french products, like the pâté de foie gras.

good news.

but I heard that the US want to vote a law who forbide the gavage of the gooses.
    It is really stupid, because the way to do the pâté de foie gras is the gavage of gooses. People use this way since centuries and centuries....
    A such law would be stupid. It would be the same thing if the french voted a law who forbide the beefsteaks who are coming from the killing of a cow or beef....
    It is the way to do pâté de foie gras.
    Peolpe had to gave the gooses. It is sad, but this is the only way.
    Like for the steaks : it is sad to kill a cow, but it is the only way.

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    the feeding of geese via tubes through the stomach?

gavage - feeding through tube: the feeding of an animal or a person through a tube passed into the stomach

[Late 19th century. From French , formed from gaver “to stuff down the throat.”]

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Personally, I see no reason to allow french products into our country. Matter of fact, I would like to see a tarriff imposed on french wine that would raise the price to over 200 dollars per bottle. I'd like to see Michelin tires cost $300 each and all other french imports taxed to the point that no one will buy them.

We should continue to do this as long as Jacques Chirac heads the french government and as long as the french continue to stab us in the back at every opportunity.

It appears that the french value money over all else. Perhaps if we hit them in their wallet they will suddenly develop a better set of ethics.

4. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Merlin, you're the perfect demonstration of the person hated by Europe.
    France didn't do the dog fir the US, didn't go to a deep shit in Iraq, and now is not in hell. Are you jealous, because we have not this problem ?
    Your idea about the french products is stupid, really.

But the worst is that with your new President, God forgive him, with the neo-conservators....it could happen.

Nevermind.
    Go to a party to celebrate W's succes, drink french champagne and eat french food.....with that, your evening will be nice....

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    hey Padish---How's that French investigation into the oil for food scandal coming along. Did you make a few euros out of the deal or do you still have some left over francs?

6. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You must be joking! If you really believe this is why many Americans dislike France (or at least the French govt.), then you have no clue about how we think over here. Most American feel that France stabbed us in the back, at a crucial time in our history. Now I am not going to try an debate the Iraq war, it has been done many times here, but what I will say is that if France did not agree with the US, out of friendship they could have just kept their mouth shut. Not try to rally other nations against us, because they had a financial interest in keeping Saddam in power. This is the problem most Americans have.

You say France has a right to do what is feels best, well us Americans have a right to not buy French products if we see fit. Personally I have instructed my company to not purchase any products made in France, our government needed to take no action, it was of my own volition !

Evidenced in your post is the smug attitude that abounds in France toward the US, that you are somehow superior and that America is jealous. Well think what you want my French little friend, but America's world influence continues to grow, while France's shrinks. I know you country is desperately trying to remain of some importance in the new Europe, but don't do it at the expense of friends who have saved you in the past !!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Why thank you, frog-face. That's the nicest compliment you've ever given me.

I love a little recognition!!!! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    [​IMG]

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Exactly. :)

10. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    wow...I hope you have no voter card. If some people so untolerantr like you can vote....wow....the country will go right inot a wall.....

For the "french treatry".....hohoho....a typical attitude of a person who can't have his ennemy, so he creates a new ennemy.

And most Americans, I hope, know that France saved USA at the most important time of your history....

And again, compare the fact that France refused to go in Iraq with a treatry......wow.....you have a strange notion of the treatry.....