End of Road For 4-Generation Chrysler Dealer

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I'm not sure how anyone could read this article and ever consider buying a Chrysler product. I know that we've purchased our last one. I can't ever see giving my support to a company that could treat people this way. :(

End of Road For 4-Generation Chrysler Dealer
by Sharon Cohen | AP
Posted: 2009-06-15 0:0:0
HOBART, Ind. (AP) -- At the end of the 81-year marriage, the Isaksons said goodbye by turning off the lights. The partnership was over.
The Chrysler sign went dark.
It was an unceremonious finale to a four-generation bond between one family and one company, but it was not a surprise. Rob Isakson had known for weeks his dealership was on a Chrysler hit list -- the cuts were part of the troubled automaker's survival strategy.
Still, when the moment arrived, he did not go gently into the night.
"It hurts," he says. "How do you put into words 81 years of your family's blood, sweat and tears? How many times did my father miss some family event ... because the business came first? And all of it is for nothing now."

End of Road For 4-Generation Chrysler Dealer - AOL Autos

Studebaker and others suffered the same thing, but the government had nothing to do with it.

I think about three or four dealerships in my area lost either Chrysler or Ford and they still are around. I remember seeing the news reports and they pretty much said that they didn't put all their eggs in one basket. I know one dealership will continue to sell Hyundai and another one is going to expand on their used car business. I thought most dealerships did this but I guess I was wrong.

I have watched both committee hearings from c-span.. the given criteria was poor performance and under sales.. but.....many successful business' have been closed and poor one allowed to remain.. In short these people are having their business stolen from them by the US government. US bankruptcy laws were circumvented for a "special bankruptcy." This should not happen in America. The dealerships that have been closed will be given to someone else with better political connections.. The congresscritters are ticked off.

Congressmen Maffei, Kratovil Introduce Legislation to Halt Auto Dealer Closings | Congressman Dan Maffei, Representing the 25th District of New York

Forum List

Back