End of Oil is at our door step; what next?

do you believe our economy can survive without oil?

• Total voters
IS crude oil organic?

Google question: 30,500,000 RESULTS

Crude oil consists almost entirely of carbon-based molecules. Anything with carbon in usually considered organic.

~~

Crude oil, commonly known as petroleum, is a liquid found within the Earth comprised of hydrocarbons, organic compounds and small amounts of metal. While hydrocarbons are usually the primary component of crude oil, their composition can vary from 50%-97% depending on the type of crude oil and how it is extracted.

https://tinyurl.com/ydetoegy

I think the answer is maybe in my view :)-

b.t.w. Fossil fuels are finite. Totaling the "known" quantiles of fossil fuels, at the current consumption rate, we will burn it all up within 40 years. I will not live long enough to see this happen, so should I care :)-

Last edited:
The world should put together a worldwide push to perfect fusion energy as quickly as possible and nuclear, wind, solar and hydro should fill the void until then. Carbon has to be left in the ground now, no other option.

I hear you

No matter, something evil this way comes.

My friend, "evil" doesn't exits except in "fiction" wrighting. If we just stop using this term in speech and writing; "evil" will just simply disappear. The children born today will never hear the word or see it written or "feel" it;

The world should put together a worldwide push to perfect fusion energy as quickly as possible and nuclear, wind, solar and hydro should fill the void until then. Carbon has to be left in the ground now, no other option.

I hear you

My friend, "evil" doesn't exits except in "fiction" wrighting. If we just stop using this term in speech and writing; "evil" will just simply disappear. The children born today will never hear the word or see it written or "feel" it;

Uh, do a search of the quote "something evil this way comes".

Relax, if you get that it is metaphor fine, if not then I'm not inclined to explain it.

Global Warming will render the 'which energy to use' subject moot. The acidification of the oceans is already well under way[/QUOTE]

In your view how long do the oceans have before dying all together?

those are all great ideas. I can only hope it is being done

Evil is a human term. It does not exist in the real world. If we just stop saying the “word” and righting it down it will just disappear.

A child born today will never “feel” the feeling “evil” conjures up

Last edited:
Global Warming will render the 'which energy to use' subject moot. The acidification of the oceans is already well under way, the Great Barrier reef was declared dead a couple months ago and reefs around the world are dying off because the acidity in the water causes the coral to eject the photosynthesizing organisms in it. Thus they turn white before dying. Microscopic and larger organisms that evolved to thrive in a particular pH in the ocean cannot construct shells as the excess CO2 absorbed into the ocean causes excess Carbonic Acid to form, making the water too acidic for these organisms to form their shells.

Scientists know all this and most of the world knows it. It is the backwards hillbillies in the US that are dragging the US's feet. The fossil fuel industry claims it isn't real because they stand to lose billions of dollars. The average idiot that carps their nonsense has no excuse. He or she is just too scared of the reality to believe it. Far easier to jam their heads in the sand and sing "la la la la la la" to themselves.

Scientists know all this and most of the world knows it. It is the backwards hillbillies in the US that are dragging the US's feet.

us-ghg-emissions-figure1-2016.png

Climate Change Indicators: U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions | US EPA

Looks like the US is actually reducing CO2 emissions.
How are the enlightened citizens in the rest of the world doing?

The world should put together a worldwide push to perfect fusion energy as quickly as possible and nuclear, wind, solar and hydro should fill the void until then.

Liberal twats are against reliable nuclear and hydro.

IS crude oil organic?

Crude oil consists almost entirely of carbon-based molecules. Anything with carbon in usually considered organic.

~~

Crude oil, commonly known as petroleum, is a liquid found within the Earth comprised of hydrocarbons, organic compounds and small amounts of metal. While hydrocarbons are usually the primary component of crude oil, their composition can vary from 50%-97% depending on the type of crude oil and how it is extracted.

https://tinyurl.com/ydetoegy

I think the answer is maybe in my view :)-

b.t.w. Fossil fuels are finite. Totaling the "known" quantiles of fossil fuels, at the current consumption rate, we will burn it all up within 40 years. I will not live long enough to see this happen, so should I care :)-

Totaling the "known" quantiles of fossil fuels,

We've seen the known quantity never changes, right?

I hear you

Relax, if you get that it is metaphor fine, if not then I'm not inclined to explain it.

"Something wicked this way comes".

DERP!

Same way it forms on planets that have never supported life...chemical and geological processes deep in the mantle of the planet. You believe in peak oil? Let me guess....you do. Of course it is necessary that people believe that line of crap...what would happen to oil prices should people wake up to the fact that it is never going to run out?

Boy are you stupid. You insist oil isn't fossil fuel and that it'll never run out. To back up that claim, you point to oil on other planets that never had life... except there is no oil on other planets.

Global Warming will render the 'which energy to use' subject moot. The acidification of the oceans is already well under way, the Great Barrier reef was declared dead a couple months ago and reefs around the world are dying off because the acidity in the water causes the coral to eject the photosynthesizing organisms in it. .

Tell me, do you think the oceans are more acid now than they were at the onset of the present ice age when atmospheric CO2 levels were around 1000ppm? Or more acid than when most corals evolved when atmospheric CO2 levels were in excess of 3000ppm?

IS crude oil organic?

Is oil abiotic?

14,300,000 results...as if the number of results determined the accuracy?

Explain why russians are finding oil where no fossil fuel could possibly be found...explain why very deep wells have this tendency to refill themselves.

Same way it forms on planets that have never supported life...chemical and geological processes deep in the mantle of the planet. You believe in peak oil? Let me guess....you do. Of course it is necessary that people believe that line of crap...what would happen to oil prices should people wake up to the fact that it is never going to run out?

Boy are you stupid. You insist oil isn't fossil fuel and that it'll never run out. To back up that claim, you point to oil on other planets that never had life... except there is no oil on other planets.

There are oceans of hydrocarbons on other planets that never had life...according to you guys, hydrocarbons are organic in nature. Clearly the claim that they are organic is false.

But hey...shut that mind of yours down real tight and just keep on believing what you have been told to beleive...surely there could be no motive for people who produce oil to have you believe that it is a finite resource and therefore worth what you pay for it and what you will pay for it in the future.

Explain why russians are finding oil where no fossil fuel could possibly be found...explain why very deep wells have this tendency to refill themselves.

Where are Russians finding oil where no fossil fuel could possibly be found.

If oil wells replenished themselves, the oil industry wouldn't be using fracking to squeeze out more oil. If there's a well that appears to replenish itself, it's only because there's more oil in the ground and that oil is seeping into the void created by previous pumping.

There are oceans of hydrocarbons on other planets that never had life...according to you guys, hydrocarbons are organic in nature. Clearly the claim that they are organic is false.

But hey...shut that mind of yours down real tight and just keep on believing what you have been told to beleive...surely there could be no motive for people who produce oil to have you believe that it is a finite resource and therefore worth what you pay for it and what you will pay for it in the future.

Oil is a hydrocarbon, but hydrocarbons are not necessarily oil. There is no oil outside the Earth. Stop being stupid.

The existence of hydrocarbons, such as methane, outside the Earth doesn't mean the earth is manufacturing more oil.

Global Warming will render the 'which energy to use' subject moot. The acidification of the oceans is already well under way, the Great Barrier reef was declared dead a couple months ago and reefs around the world are dying off because the acidity in the water causes the coral to eject the photosynthesizing organisms in it. .

Tell me, do you think the oceans are more acid now than they were at the onset of the present ice age when atmospheric CO2 levels were around 1000ppm? Or more acid than when most corals evolved when atmospheric CO2 levels were in excess of 3000ppm?

Stop with your nonsense. There is no debate except in the heads of the alt-right and Exxon. You proceed from a false position so everything that follows is nonsense. The science was settled 15 years ago, now you can refuse to believe it but that doesn't negate anything. It just means you prefer to reject reality. Your choice but don't expect me or anyone else to now join you. I also don't throw in with the Flat Earth Society because they believe in nonsense as well.

Feel free to discuss your delusions with the others here and elsewhere who share them, I'm not interested. Sorry.

Stop with your nonsense. There is no debate except in the heads of the alt-right and Exxon. You proceed from a false position so everything that follows is nonsense. The science was settled 15 years ago, now you can refuse to believe it but that doesn't negate anything. It just means you prefer to reject reality. Your choice but don't expect me or anyone else to now join you. I also don't throw in with the Flat Earth Society because they believe in nonsense as well.

Feel free to discuss your delusions with the others here and elsewhere who share them, I'm not interested. Sorry.

Science isn't even settled on gravity you idiot..when anyone says that the science is settled, you can bet that person is an idiot.

If The First Universal Church of Global What-The-Fuck-this-week is right then today's humans are the dinosaurs whose carcasses will produce the oil that will fuel whatever evolved intelligent beings will need in the future. FUCGW Assholes - thinking of their own sorry asses and denying the future the essentials.

Brilliant.

Where are Russians finding oil where no fossil fuel could possibly be found.

If oil wells replenished themselves, the oil industry wouldn't be using fracking to squeeze out more oil. If there's a well that appears to replenish itself, it's only because there's more oil in the ground and that oil is seeping into the void created by previous pumping.

It isn't that uncommon...sorry you were unaware...here is some light reading.

Synthesis of heavy hydrocarbons at the core-mantle boundary

Oil Fields Are Refilling...Naturally - Sometimes Rapidly There Are More Oil Seeps Than All The Tankers On Earth

http://tccsa.tc/adventure/renewable_oil.pdf

Are Oil Wells Recharging Themselves? | OilPrice.com

Geochemist Says Oil FieldsMay Be Refilled Naturally

"The overwhelming preponderance of geological evidence compels the conclusion that crude oil and natural petroleum gas have no intrinsic connection with biological matter originating near the surface of the Earth

But hey...you believe what you want but to date, no rational scientifically valid process has been described for changing decaying vegetable matter to oil, while repeatable lab experiments have produced hydrocarbons from inorganic material under conditions as found in the earth's mantle

Last edited:

Science isn't even settled on gravity you idiot..when anyone says that the science is settled, you can bet that person is an idiot.

Post up the experiment that disproved gravity.

Sorry but a lot of science is settled. Search the periodic table. Settled or 'up in the air'? The basics of physics, settled or have we just been lucky with all those moon shots and all those satellites in orbit? Some organisms are aerobic and some are anaerobic. 'Well we just don't know the specifics'. Evolution; over the last 600 million years we see a long march from very simple tiny organisms to very complex huge organisms. 'Well there are gaps in the fossil record so all of it is in question'. Just for idiots, like you Barney Fife.

An idiot on a message board vs ten thousand PH.D's around the world.

Hmmm, who to believe.

Post up the experiment that disproved gravity.

Describe the quantum nature of gravity? Is gravity universally the same? To date, more than 20 theories exist on the fundamental nature of gravity. No one really argues that it exists, but there is great debate over its fundamental nature...that is, what causes it.

So again, anyone who claims that any science is settled is speaking from a position of politics and doesn't have the first clue regarding science. I have said it before but it deserves saying again...if Isaac Newton met you, and spoke to you , he would kick your ass for abusing his name.

Forum List

Back