End of June. Time to start thinking of Fantasy Football

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
I activated my league this year. Can't believe I'm getting psyched up for it already. I guess it helps to be a Packers Fan.

Anyone else here play much?

:D

Open spot, sign me up...But only if your FA pool is first-come-first-served.

The Yahoo waiver priority thing is seriously out of whack.
I do the standard rotation for the waiver wire with a 1 day wait after release. 2 day protest window for trades though they rarely seem to happen.

I have 2 spots left open right now for a league of 16, half of last years managers signed back up in 4 hours after the email, so I think I'm doing a fair job. If I got enough interest, I'd start a second league that was a keeper league from the start with the same rules.

I do a high scoring Head to Head IDP league with 7Off and 7Def players. Bench of 8 with 3 IR spots. It's free and friendly smacktalk is encouraged. I balance it pretty good so WRs/RBs/LBs/CBs all are fairly competative too with each other. It's an autopick draft usually after the last Pre Season game (but that's up for vote right now) so nobody drafts someone who's been cut.

If anyone else wants in and I get enough interest, I will do that second league on Yahoo. If you're game, send me a PM with the email you want the invite sent to. Like I said, right now I have, well, with Oddball, now 1 spot left in my first league till say pre season starts, then I'd open it up to new people who are interested if any old managers don't come back.

Forget it...Aside from the Yahoo waiver priority thing being a total mess, waiting periods reward the lazy.

Xenophon needs managers...His leagues are total free-for-alls.
That's why I keep it a 1 day wait so people who obsess over the game can't just clobber the rest of us doing it for fun all the time. And yes, I have one or two that are like that.

Paying attention isn't "obsessing".

That aside, the Yahoo waiver priority formula is so terminally fucked up, that it's impossible for losing teams with low waiver priority to improve themselves, because they get aced out.

How do you mean? Person who makes the most moves is last in the order. I've almost never had a problem getting really good waiver wire pickups, and I'm very active on it.

They're also offering new options for this such as a bid system OR now you can choose reverse standings order of priority.

I consider making moves at 1am monday morning a bit obsessive. It was an advantage when I worked overnights, I do admit, but when it's the same guy over and over again.

Maybe I gave you the wrong impression. A player hits the waiver wire, it becomes open season 1 day after he's on it. Then it's first come first serve and the one with the fewest moves gets priority.

Last edited:
I don't think so.

Yahoo uses some screwy formula to rank your team's strength to assign waiver priority.

We're going through that right now in a baseball league...The guy in the cellar of a 12-team league, who has also made the 3rd fewest roster changes, has a priority of 8.

Well here's the way the waiver wire is currently set in the league. A 2 day wait after drop, then it's by priority based on moves. I use the Bolded method.

If waivers are enabled, all players dropped from a team's roster are immediately placed on a waiting period from zero to seven days to give all managers a chance to claim those players. Choose the waiver processing option best suited for your league.
In a normal waivers systems, waiver priority determines which manager's request is processed first.
  • Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
  • Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
  • Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described above.
  • FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
  • FAAB w/ Reverse order of standings tiebreak
  • FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak
So far, I've had no problems with it.

OK...For dropped players and not FAs...I get it....My mistake.

Even so, the Yahoo method for ranking waiver priority is still a mess.

In one of my aforementioned baseball leagues (12 teams, 2 divisions) the division leaders have the 2 & 3 waiver priority....One of them has made the 3rd most roster changes in the league.

But hell, never played a 16-teamer...Send me the password and I'll look it over.

OK...For dropped players and not FAs...I get it....My mistake.

Even so, the Yahoo method for ranking waiver priority is still a mess.

In one of my aforementioned baseball leagues (12 teams, 2 divisions) the division leaders have the 2 & 3 waiver priority....One of them has made the 3rd most roster changes in the league.

But hell, never played a 16-teamer...Send me the password and I'll look it over.
PM me the email you want it sent to. I never figured out how to get people to join save by that method or opening it to the public.

Forum List

Back