End of Habeus Corpus, End of America

Dream on, cowboy. Ride your rank as long as it will hold you up. That's all you got and that's all you will ever have. And That, my military brother, is a damned shame.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
No matter how ignorant you wish to try and portray me, I'm STILL worlds ahead of you.

Psychoblues said:
Forgive gunny, insein. He knows nothing other than UCMJ and has a rather shallow understanding of even that very simple document. All this conversation about actual litigation and court decisions just fucks his mind up.
Americans have rights that their military have no concept of. I'm a first hand witness.

Psychoblues

You can prove a point without insulting people, the military, the country as a whole. But i guess thats your schtick.

insein said:
You can prove a point without insulting people, the military, the country as a whole. But i guess thats your schtick.

Problem is that in this thread he has yet to prove anything.

Instead it's :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: instead of directly answering questions put to him. It's his thread, I figured he might actually engage ........

Psychoblues said:
Dream on, cowboy. Ride your rank as long as it will hold you up. That's all you got and that's all you will ever have. And That, my military brother, is a damned shame.

Psychoblues

You going to try and start this crap again? I'd have thought the ass-whooping you took last time you tried this tact would have taught you a lesson.

Here's an example of a typical, PSychoblah post to start a thread:

"1. It's Bush's fault _________ (fill in blank).

2. I know this because even though my personna is in no way conducive to acheiving any rank over E-4 in the US military, I have fought in ground combat, while serving in the Air Force, in every war from Korea to the First Gulf War."

And I ain't in no way, shape nor form YOUR "military brother." You are a fraud, so STFU.

No, insein, it is not my schtick. I would much rather see intelligent conversation here and do without all the personal insults that are definitely thrown my way. But if insult is what you throw, then expect the same in return. We do have a 2 way street here or do we not?

Psychoblues

insein said:

Again, cowboy, dream on. You ain't shit except for a miserable stripe and I
haven't had my ass-whooped here or anywhere else. Why do you bother?

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
You going to try and start this crap again? I'd have thought the ass-whooping you took last time you tried this tact would have taught you a lesson.

Here's an example of a typical, PSychoblah post to start a thread:

"1. It's Bush's fault _________ (fill in blank).

2. I know this because even though my personna is in no way conducive to acheiving any rank over E-4 in the US military, I have fought in ground combat, while serving in the Air Force, in every war from Korea to the First Gulf War."

And I ain't in no way, shape nor form YOUR "military brother." You are a fraud, so STFU.

Psychoblues said:
Again, cowboy, dream on. You ain't shit except for a miserable stripe and I
haven't had my ass-whooped here or anywhere else. Why do you bother?

Psychoblues

Good question. You certainly aren't worth bothering with.

And WHAT "stripe" exactly would you be referring to, and what value exactly is it that you are placing on it?

I'm only referring to the stripes in your avatar and personally I don't attach much value to them. I wore some nice stripes myself. I found them of tremendous value to me personally but of little or no value at all otherwise. Psychoblues is more what I am about. Your screen name just reinforces your avatar. Is that all you got? I've personally witnessed total stupid jerks with stars on their shoulders and others that I still consider GENIOUS. Maybe it's perspective, maybe perception, maybe just attitude. I don't apologize for any of that.

Psychoblues

Good question. You certainly aren't worth bothering with.

And WHAT "stripe" exactly would you be referring to, and what value exactly is it that you are placing on it?

I'm only referring to the stripes in your avatar and personally I don't attach much value to them. Of course not, you didn't earn them. I wore some nice stripes myself. Prison stripes dont count. I found them of tremendous value to me personally but of little or no value at all otherwise. That figures. Psychoblues is more what I am about. With the emphasis on Psycho. Your screen name just reinforces your avatar. Imagine that! It might even be the other way around. Is that all you got? It's more than enough. I've personally witnessed total stupid jerks with stars on their shoulders and others that I still consider GENIOUS. So has anyone else who has ever served...doesn't make you particularly unique... Maybe it's perspective, maybe perception, maybe just attitude. I don't apologize for any of that. It's all you got, why should you apologize?
Psychoblues

Keep bashing away at the vets...it shows your true colors. It is obvious that you are hypocrite, "Mr. I-love-Vets except those that disagree with my point of view". One more time...you don't like my avatar or Gunny's...TOUGH! I suspect that Gunny won't lose any sleep at all over that piece of trivia...I know I don't. I bet it makes you drink though!

PB. Since this is your thread can you please cease the insult contest? The other guys are better at it than you.

To restate the question: How is this any different than the combined powers of the patriot act and fisa?

I'm only referring to the stripes in your avatar and personally I don't attach much value to them. I wore some nice stripes myself. I found them of tremendous value to me personally but of little or no value at all otherwise. Psychoblues is more what I am about. Your screen name just reinforces your avatar. Is that all you got? I've personally witnessed total stupid jerks with stars on their shoulders and others that I still consider GENIOUS. Maybe it's perspective, maybe perception, maybe just attitude. I don't apologize for any of that.

Psychoblues

So you don't like my rank insignia, huh? Tough shit. I do. End of story.

When I begin prattling on in every damned thread I post in on the board about what-all I have done in the military, then perhaps you might have a point. Since, unlike you, I don't back up everything I post with "I'm a Gunny and I was there," your desperate attempt to attack my ID and avatar are as irrelevant and untrue as the last time you attacked.

Personally, I suspect penis envy on your part. You can't stand looking at what you could never hope to be.

I'm a retired United States Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant and you ain't.:cry:

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
To restate the question: How is this any different than the combined powers of the patriot act and fisa?

In Psychoblue's absence, I'll try to answer. My understanding is that this bill allows the indefinite imprisonment of a US citizen suspected of terrorist acts, much like what happened to Jose Padilla before the Supreme Court stepped and called his imprisonment illegal. This bill is a gross violation of the Fourth Amendment, and I'm flabbergasted that Bush would attempt to introduce such a ridiculously unconstitutional bill.

In Psychoblue's absence, I'll try to answer. My understanding is that this bill allows the indefinite imprisonment of a US citizen suspected of terrorist acts, much like what happened to Jose Padilla before the Supreme Court stepped and called his imprisonment illegal. This bill is a gross violation of the Fourth Amendment, and I'm flabbergasted that Bush would attempt to introduce such a ridiculously unconstitutional bill.

Sorry, Jeff, but it just doesn't have that PB flavor. One, it's coherent. Two, There is no rant about Bush. And three, there are no personal attacks instead of a response.

You just don't make a good psycho.:laugh:

I could care less about your veterans status or your rank, gunny. You actually DO prattle on and on every time you post with your ridiculous and non imaginative avatar and handle. I've never mentioned a single thing about what I have done in the military except that I have done the military thing and have the papers to prove it. You, on the other hand, think it important to advertise your rank, your branch of service and your preferred military handle on every post that you engage.

I appreciate your service. I despise your advertisement of your only attribute yet you condemn any mention of much the same by others that choose not to advertise the same but only mention it in casual internet conversation.

I've never said this before, gunny, but I really think you are a lazy piece of shit with no life other than your military one and I am convinced that one wasn't much. You've said as much yourself.

Psychoblues

So you don't like my rank insignia, huh? Tough shit. I do. End of story.

When I begin prattling on in every damned thread I post in on the board about what-all I have done in the military, then perhaps you might have a point. Since, unlike you, I don't back up everything I post with "I'm a Gunny and I was there," your desperate attempt to attack my ID and avatar are as irrelevant and untrue as the last time you attacked.

Personally, I suspect penis envy on your part. You can't stand looking at what you could never hope to be.

I'm a retired United States Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant and you ain't.:cry:

I could care less about your veterans status or your rank, gunny. You actually DO prattle on and on every time you post with your ridiculous and non imaginative avatar and handle. I've never mentioned a single thing about what I have done in the military except that I have done the military thing and have the papers to prove it. You, on the other hand, think it important to advertise your rank, your branch of service and your preferred military handle on every post that you engage.

I appreciate your service. I despise your advertisement of your only attribute yet you condemn any mention of much the same by others that choose not to advertise the same but only mention it in casual internet conversation.

I've never said this before, gunny, but I really think you are a lazy piece of shit with no life other than your military one and I am convinced that one wasn't much. You've said as much yourself.

Psychoblues

You are one strange piece of work, you know that? You have no idea what Gunny is like in person yet you claim he has only one attribute, that he is lazy, and that his military life is "wasn't much". You are a seriously sick person. Sober up, get help, and quit bashing better men than you.

I could care less about your veterans status or your rank, gunny. And yet you continue to discuss it. You actually DO prattle on and on every time you post with your ridiculous and non imaginative avatar and handle. Pot, meet kettle. I've never mentioned a single verifiable thing about what I have done in the military except that I have done the military thing in apparently every conflict since and including Vietnam and have the papers to prove it. You, on the other hand, think it important to advertise your rank, your branch of service and your preferred military handle on every post that you engage. It's called justifiable pride.

I've never said this before, gunny, but I really think you are a lazy piece of shit with no life other than your military one and I am convinced that one wasn't much. You've said as much yourself. LOL. So didja go to lackland?

Psychoblues

This isnt anything new. Writs of Habeas Corpus have been suspended during war before. The founders put the ability in the Constitution for a very specific purpose.

And if the libs werent so determined to get terrorists legal protection they have no right to there wouldnt a need to suspend habeas corpus. But rather be flexible and letting us wage the war on terror like it needs to be, you have to give them rights they dont have under American or international law. So now President Bush has to request the suspension of the writ to do what was originally legal. So you only have yourself to blame for this.

If we were at war, you might have a point. As it stands, Congress has not declared war on anyone. And even if they did, how would we find the enemy? They are not a nation-state, as they would be under the conventional definition of warfare. They are shadowy, international organizations composed of individuals who disappear into the civilian population. Conventional military force is usless against them, unless you find a remote headquarters or training facility. Even then, conventional forces are not the best option.

As recent events in England have shown us, good intel and solid police work can do more to roll up terror networks than force of arms. Terrorism is, and has been, largely the provenance of law enforcement. Thus terrorist activities are best prosecuted under civil-law. The use of methods such as extreme rendition, torture, and information acquired under duress do more harm than good to any case the government can bring to such courts. We must either live up to American ideals, or live down to those of the terrorists. Unfortunately for America and the world, Chimpy and Co. have chosen the latter route.

If we were at war, you might have a point. As it stands, Congress has not declared war on anyone. Are you sure? A declaration of war has no set formula per the constitution or statute. It is an up or down vote (which has already taken place) and we could argue that authorization to use force is fundamentally the same thing.
And even if they did, how would we find the enemy? They are not a nation-state, as they would be under the conventional definition of warfare. They are shadowy, international organizations composed of individuals who disappear into the civilian population. Conventional military force is usless against them, unless you find a remote headquarters or training facility. Even then, conventional forces are not the best option. I need to acquaint you with some friends of mine. Conventional forces are working quite well in Iraq, and apparently Lebanon as well.

As recent events in England have shown us, good intel and solid police work can do more to roll up terror networks than force of arms. Actually, no one "rolled up" a network. At best they got a cell or two. Your statement would be more accurate to say that under certain conditions law enforcement can be as effective as the military. Terrorism is, and has been, largely the provenance of law enforcement. Thus terrorist activities are best prosecuted under civil-law. Your logic doesn't work. "Thus terrorist" doesn't flow from "largely the provenance". The use of methods such as extreme rendition, torture, and information acquired under duress do more harm than good to any case the government can bring to such courts. We must either live up to American ideals, or live down to those of the terrorists. Unfortunately for America and the world, Chimpy and Co. have chosen the latter route. Y'all are really lucky I wasn't the President. You'd have never heard of half the terrorists. Catch em, drug em, question them, drain them, shoot them (in that order).

Psychoblues

You are a joke and a fool, not to mention a bold-faced liar. Anyone requiring refutation of your drivel has only to look at your posts on this board.

You justify your every first-grade political opinion with "I know I was there," and you have steadfastly refused to provide evidence of your service when it has been requested.

The kicker is, you think no one else can see it.:laugh:

If you don't like who and what I am and need to clear up your obvious misconception as to who and what that might be, I have offered you a remedy for your confusion; which, of course you refused as you do any-and-everything else when you are told to put up or shut up.

If I'm a lazy sack of shit then you shouldn't have any problem taking care of business, right?

Talkin' part's done, shithead.

Forum List

Back