End of Fox News as we know it?

Fox News is NOT the most trusted news, PBS is the most trusted.

Our Second Annual TV News Trust Poll
PPP's annual look at the public's trust in various TV news outlets finds that Fox News' credibility is on the decline, that the traditional networks are seeing an up tick in their numbers, and that PBS is at the top of the heap.

Public Policy Polling: Our Second Annual TV News Trust Poll

So there we have it, PBS is first, followed by NBC, CNN and then Fox.

Also, exactly what awards has Fox News won for it's journalism such as the Edward R Murrow or Peabody?

No wonder the conservatives want to stop all funding for PBS.

Again quantity in viewership doesn't mean quality.

Hmmmm seems like Public Policy Polling might have a conflict of interest:

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is an American Democratic Party-affiliated polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Public Policy Polling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ooops

Ooops is right.

One has to wonder why one lone RIGHT leaning news organization draws so much fire from so many??

After all FOX is one among many. Oh wait. I forgot. All the rest lean LEFT.

FOX must have em all surrounded.

Because they put out stories that are either inaccurate or completely false almost on a daily basis. For the most part..it isn't news.

Some people seem to think that it's just fine to be biased right because it offsets the left. I disagree. You can"t listen to Rachel Meadow and Glen Beck and determine the truth . A right lie plus a left lie doesn't equal the truth.

Ooops is right.

One has to wonder why one lone RIGHT leaning news organization draws so much fire from so many??

As far as I'm concerned MSNBC is in the same boat as Fox News as far as skewing the news towards their target audiences ideology and having totally one-sided commentary shows. I can't stand either network. Personally, I think both networks suck the Big One and I'm disappointed that so many people are so weak minded that they MUST only watch filtered news that presents news that appeals to the way they want the news. Whatever happened to unfiltered raw news? I guess a fantasy world is more appealing to people.
Now if it bothers you so much that there are threads on Fox News, why not start one on MSNBC?

"I forgot. All the rest lean LEFT." Only in the minds of the far right because that's what they have been told by whom? Fox News and their ongoing battle with MSM. In other words if a news source is centered, it's too far to the left of Fox News and too far to the right of MSNBC, therefore they MUST be biased.

UCLA is not a conservative school.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist
"I suspected that many media outlets would tilt to the left because surveys have shown that reporters tend to vote more Democrat than Republican," said Tim Groseclose, a UCLA political scientist and the study's lead author. "But I was surprised at just how pronounced the distinctions are."
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

By golly..you are right!

Here's a conservative school!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_University

Here's the guy who started it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]YouTube - ‪Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11‬‏[/ame]

Good show boys..good show.

Last edited:
Some people seem to think that it's just fine to be biased right because it offsets the left. I disagree. You can"t listen to Rachel Meadow and Glen Beck and determine the truth . A right lie plus a left lie doesn't equal the truth.

Maddow and Beck shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

As far as I'm concerned MSNBC is in the same boat as Fox News as far as skewing the news towards their target audiences ideology and having totally one-sided commentary shows. I can't stand either network. Personally, I think both networks suck the Big One and I'm disappointed that so many people are so weak minded that they MUST only watch filtered news that presents news that appeals to the way they want the news. Whatever happened to unfiltered raw news? I guess a fantasy world is more appealing to people.
Now if it bothers you so much that there are threads on Fox News, why not start one on MSNBC?

"I forgot. All the rest lean LEFT." Only in the minds of the far right because that's what they have been told by whom? Fox News and their ongoing battle with MSM. In other words if a news source is centered, it's too far to the left of Fox News and too far to the right of MSNBC, therefore they MUST be biased.

UCLA is not a conservative school.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist
"I suspected that many media outlets would tilt to the left because surveys have shown that reporters tend to vote more Democrat than Republican," said Tim Groseclose, a UCLA political scientist and the study's lead author. "But I was surprised at just how pronounced the distinctions are."
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

By golly..you are right!

Here's a conservative school!

Regent University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the guy who started it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]YouTube - ‪Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11‬‏[/ame]

Good show boys..good show.

WTF is your point....or are you demonstarting your off you meds again? :confused:

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is an American Democratic Party-affiliated polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Ooops

Ooops is right.

Because they put out stories that are either inaccurate or completely false almost on a daily basis. For the most part..it isn't news.

Riiiight, Faux News...yeah, I get it. :cuckoo:

Ooops

That showed true last year when Fox News won the top spot last, right?

It's a campaign year, Kiwi. All things will get distorted this year and next year with the media.

Yeah, oh boy I can't wait til next year! I think I'll crawl in a hole or maybe move to North Dakota!

OH Boy! Fox News is Number 1!
As I have continuously pointed out, just because something is popular doesn't mean there is quality.
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Don't Worry, Be Happy
National Enquirer
Twinkies
Jersey Shores
Tiny Tim
Hot Dogs

Do you see what I mean?
Those who are screaming about how big Fox News audience is, are using the weakest argument of them all.
You sound bitter that left-dominated media ratings suck. :lol:

Considering that I don't watch either MSNBC or Fox News shows that I don't need news that appeals to any ideologoy, means I want raw news, not something tailored to weaken my thinking process. I'd rather exercise my brain to actually think for myself. What a concept!!!!

Problem is that does not exist and it never did. There was a time when media at least tried but it is not possible to be without bias. I don’t mind that much because I approach all news as though it has a heavy bias and try to get to the truth using multiple sources. Hell, it is a hoot to listen to Goldman and beck or Hannity at the same time on the same topic. Happens every now and then and I listen to a liberal and a conservative station on my way to/from work. What I find disingenuous are the posters here that complain about fox and let MSNBC slide and vice versa. You are being a hack if one bias is bad but the other good. If you have an issue with biased news then you need to attack ALL the biased sources, or at least the blatant ones.

MSNBC is strongly biased to the left and Fox is strongly biased to the right leaving the rest in the middle. However, the middle is relative.

In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

"This poll shows two things: first, the network news have completely lost their brand. Second, the only network with any intensity is Fox News," says Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center. "Bottom line: the more they attack Fox, the stronger it is getting," he adds.

SNIP:

But of the top 10 most trusted new sources, O'Reilly is king, at 9 percent. CNN's Anderson Cooper followed at 6 percent, Fox's Mike Huckabee at 4 percent, Fox's Sean Hannity at 4 percent, Wolf Blitzer was sixth at 3 percent, followed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews at 3 percent, NBC newsman Tom Brokaw at 3 percent, CBS anchor Katie Couric at 3 percent and ABC's Diane Sawyer at 3 percent.

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Fox is consistently a leader in the rankings. It's not like they are a one hit wonder.

To listen to my mother in law who is a life long Democrat, borne from the days when you became whatever party your family was, she watches Fox. What's interesting is why she listens to them. It's not that she always agrees with their point of view, but it's that she feels they have more open, albeit sometimes heated, discourse. Her words, They get in there and duke it out. I though what an interesting perspective.

Forum List

Back