End DADT

I'd assume the "most ardent" supporters of repealing DADT are gay and lesbian service people. As for using their sexual orientation to gain an unfair advantage, seems to me they need to worry more about hatred and discrimination from people like Flaylo.

I'm delighted to know that Flaylo is out there protecting all us civilians. Since he has so little regard for us, I'm sure he gives it his all. Retire early, Flaylo. Somehow I think the military will manage to get on without you.

Homophobia is NOT an American value.

Gay men and women already serve with no problems seen.

Having them not have to lie about who they are is just being honest on all sides.

If they were truly honest they would have never signed up to joined in the first damn place. If DADT is repealed before I retire I will not provide gay soldiers with any special treatment and protection and I will not let them use their homosexuality as a weapon to get special treatment. If I retire before the repeal the better.

Gods forbid we love our country and want to serve and protect it too....tho, the way we are sometimes treated, I wonder why we do. :eusa_eh:

Exactly!! DADT has given them that!

Really? No one has been discharged when someone else outs them? Guess again.

Your argument is crap! The only way a person can be outed (except for the recent female that had her home searched by civilian law enforcement) in the military is if they have told someone, they have engaged in inappropriate behavior that ultimately resulted in them being "outed" or they have had homosexual contraband that was discovered in the barracks or military housing.

If a homosexual in todays military keeps his/her mouth shut and doesn't engage in inappropriate behavior; then, no you will not be kicked out by being outed, because no one will know.

Neither is homosexuality an American value, let alone a value at all, stop trying to force those of us who don't support it.

No this is how it works! You are a homophobe or a bigot if you don't accept their way of life! Your not allowed to disagree with them!

Thats sad for them because thats the only way they can make an argument is by saying if you don't accept homosexuality you're a homophobe. I'm out of the military already so I will not be dealing with the egg thats going to hatch when the time comes.

Having them not have to lie about who they are is just being honest on all sides.

If they were truly honest they would have never signed up to joined in the first damn place. If DADT is repealed before I retire I will not provide gay soldiers with any special treatment and protection and I will not let them use their homosexuality as a weapon to get special treatment. If I retire before the repeal the better.

What special treatment? As to protection, the only protection they would need is from homophobes like you.

What special treatment? As to protection, the only protection they would need is from homophobes like you.

I'm a hard but fair NCO on all soldiers, no one needs protection from me, but I know for a fact that gay soldiers will start playing the gay card calling everyone a homophobe when they can't get promoted because of incompetence or misconduct, to eliminate that potential bias its in their best interest to keep their sexual orientation their personal business, that way they can't use their homosexuality as a weapon.

Last edited:

Neither is homosexuality an American value, let alone a value at all, stop trying to force those of us who don't support it.

No this is how it works! You are a homophobe or a bigot if you don't accept their way of life! Your not allowed to disagree with them!
Can you find an alternative defintition of homophobia? I think you summed it up rather well.

Can you find an alternative defintition of homophobia? I think you summed it up rather well.

This was a stupid comment. A homophobe is someone who has homophobia. Homophobia is defined as an unreasonable fear of homosexuals or homosexuality. Not agreeing with or not accepting the lifestyle does not mean that I fear homosexuals much less have an unreasonable fear.

This was a stupid comment. A homophobe is someone who has homophobia. Homophobia is defined as an unreasonable fear of homosexuals or homosexuality. Not agreeing with or not accepting the lifestyle does not mean that I fear homosexuals much less have an unreasonable fear.
You should guard against being too literal.

All anyone wants from society is to be accepted for who they happen to be. If you don't (hypothetically) accept someone for being of African descent, you can be properly called a bigot.

If one simply cannot accept a homosexual or show tolerance for a homosexual lifestyle, it's not 'stupid' or unreasonable to be thought of as a homophobe.

All anyone wants from society is to be accepted for who they happen to be. If you don't (hypothetically) accept someone for being of African descent, you can be properly called a bigot.

If one simply cannot accept a homosexual or show tolerance for a homosexual lifestyle, it's not 'stupid' or unreasonable to be thought of as a homophobe.

No, you are wrong again! You can't compare; not accepting a race of people and not accepting a lifestyle! To be a bigot, in this instance, one would need to have a fanatical devotion to one's own race and be intolerant of another race! Fanatical or fanatic is to have excessive zeal or irrational attachment to a cause. When someone accuses another of being a bigot, racist or homophobe; it must be taken literally!

Also, accepting and tolerating are different and can not be grouped together, but yet you try to group them together to justify calling someone a homophobe.

The pulling of the race or the homophobe card, in most cases, is an attempt to discredit another person's opinion solely because one doesn't agree. Rather than debate an issue pertaining to race or homosexuality, all to often one of the people will be called a racist or a homophobe! It is quite pathetic!

I'm a hard but fair NCO on all soldiers, no one needs protection from me, but I know for a fact that gay soldiers will start playing the gay card calling everyone a homophobe when they can't get promoted because of incompetence or misconduct, to eliminate that potential bias its in their best interest to keep their sexual orientation their personal business, that way they can't use their homosexuality as a weapon.

Interestingly enough that is a non issue in the Navy.

Why? Advancement is based on a combination of Time in Service, Time in Paygrade, an average of the last 3 years of evals. That is your basic score.

It is then added to the score you achieve on the Navy Wide Advancement Exam. If the Navy needs 500 of your paygrade advanced, the top 500 scores advance. If your rate is severely undermanned and they need you advanced?

You've still gotta pass the test.

Nope, no way for the gay card to be played in the Navy. I guess that makes my service better than yours, eh Failed Load?

I agree with Flaylo that sodomites will start using their sodomosexuality to get things they haven't earned, they're already doing it in the civilian world.

Last edited:

Interestingly enough that is a non issue in the Navy.

Why? Advancement is based on a combination of Time in Service, Time in Paygrade, an average of the last 3 years of evals. That is your basic score.

It is then added to the score you achieve on the Navy Wide Advancement Exam. If the Navy needs 500 of your paygrade advanced, the top 500 scores advance. If your rate is severely undermanned and they need you advanced?

You've still gotta pass the test.

Nope, no way for the gay card to be played in the Navy. I guess that makes my service better than yours, eh Failed Load?

You don't see any room for abuse by homosexual service members? IMHO, I believe that the abuse could be in the form of request masts claiming discrimination for any situation, not just promotions.

Please, being a fag, which is living a lifestyle of taking it up the anus from the same sex by choice is not the same as being black.

No, you are wrong again! You can't compare; not accepting a race of people and not accepting a lifestyle! To be a bigot, in this instance, one would need to have a fanatical devotion to one's own race and be intolerant of another race! Fanatical or fanatic is to have excessive zeal or irrational attachment to a cause. When someone accuses another of being a bigot, racist or homophobe; it must be taken literally!

Also, accepting and tolerating are different and can not be grouped together, but yet you try to group them together to justify calling someone a homophobe.

The pulling of the race or the homophobe card, in most cases, is an attempt to discredit another person's opinion solely because one doesn't agree. Rather than debate an issue pertaining to race or homosexuality, all to often one of the people will be called a racist or a homophobe! It is quite pathetic!
I have the feeling we're picking fly shit out of ground pepper here. Acceptance/Tolerance, Bigotry/Homophobia distractions and diversions. Means to cover tracks and follow a primrose path away from the issue.

It's odd what lengths those who honestly hate homosexuals will go to in order to justify their thinking and appear to have a veneer of political correctness all at the same time.

As I posted before: All anyone wants from society is to be accepted for who they happen to be.

I'm a heterosexual man and occasionally other heterosexuals truly offend me. I accept their heterosexuality, but I wish they would conduct themselves with a little more grace.

Occasionally, the same holds true for the homosexual acquaintances I have.

I would never exclude an entire group based on the actions of a few unfortunate individuals. Is that acceptance or tolerance or maturity? the exclusion of an entire group based on the actions of a few individuals conversely must be bigotry, intolerance and/or immaturity.

Please, being a fag, which is living a lifestyle of taking it up the anus from the same sex by choice is not the same as being black.
Here's a hint: when you see the letters H-Y-P-O-T-H-E-T-I-C-A-L-L-Y arranged in that particular order, grab a dictionary!

Here's a hint: when you see the letters H-Y-P-O-T-H-E-T-I-C-A-L-L-Y arranged in that particular order, grab a dictionary!

Your comparison was senseless and I've seen that comparison before.

Forum List

Back