End DADT

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Congress is set to vote on the Murphy Amendment this week. This bill repeals the discriminatory "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy for all armed forces, and would prevent the discharge of patriots willing to fight for us merely because they are GLBT folks.

The US and Turkey are the ONLY NATO countries which discriminate against gays and lesbians in the military, and over 10,000 armed forces members have been discharged for being "openly gay". I don't think it's right to ask someone to risk his life for me and then demand that he hide who he really is.

As predictable as mud after a rain, the GOP has vowed to fight this bill with all their might. Tell your senators and representatives -- especially if they are Republicans -- that Americans love ALL our fighting men and women, and that they are fighting to protect a nation that will not discriminate against them if they survive and return home.

The Human Rights Campaign has a widget you can use to contact your elected officials easily and quickly, and to add a note about this to your page on facebook or twitter.

HRC | Human Rights Campaign | Home

• Banned
I think some folks are confuzzled by the concept of Being Ignored. But then, some folks appear to be confuzzled by the notion of right vs. wrong, too.

ignore /ɪɡn'ɔːʳ/

Synonyms:
verb: disregard, neglect, slight

ignores 3rd person present; ; ignoring present participle; ; ignored past tense, past participle;
If you ignore someone or something, you pay no attention to them. Verb
She said her husband ignored her. V n
The government had ignored his views on the subject. V n
She ignored legal advice to drop the case. V n
For two decades her theatrical talents were ignored by the film industry. V n
If you say that an argument or theory ignores an important aspect of a situation, you are criticizing it because it fails to consider that aspect or to take it into account. Verb
Synonym overlook
Such arguments ignore the question of where ultimate responsibility lay. V n
Web definitions

refuse to acknowledge; "She cut him dead at the meeting"
dismiss: bar from attention or consideration; "She dismissed his advances"
fail to notice
neglect: give little or no attention to; "Disregard the errors"
be ignorant of or in the dark about
WordNet Search - 3.0

Attention is the cognitive process of selectively concentrating on one aspect of the environment while ignoring other things. ...
Attention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ignored - disregarded; "his cries were unheeded"; "Shaw's neglected one-act comedy, `A Village Wooing'"; "her ignored advice"
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=ignored

Must ignore memory writes.
ARM1156T2-S? Technical Reference Manual Glossary

Exclude an object when aggregating and displaying MWTM status information.
OSS Integration Guide for the Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager 6.0 - Glossary [Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager] - Cisco Systems

Powered by Google Dictionary

I think some folks are confuzzled by the concept of Being Ignored. But then, some folks appear to be confuzzled by the notion of right vs. wrong, too.

ignore /ɪɡn'ɔːʳ/

Synonyms:
verb: disregard, neglect, slight

ignores 3rd person present; ; ignoring present participle; ; ignored past tense, past participle;
If you ignore someone or something, you pay no attention to them. Verb
She said her husband ignored her. V n
The government had ignored his views on the subject. V n
She ignored legal advice to drop the case. V n
For two decades her theatrical talents were ignored by the film industry. V n
If you say that an argument or theory ignores an important aspect of a situation, you are criticizing it because it fails to consider that aspect or to take it into account. Verb
Synonym overlook
Such arguments ignore the question of where ultimate responsibility lay. V n
Web definitions

refuse to acknowledge; "She cut him dead at the meeting"
dismiss: bar from attention or consideration; "She dismissed his advances"
fail to notice
neglect: give little or no attention to; "Disregard the errors"
be ignorant of or in the dark about
WordNet Search - 3.0

Attention is the cognitive process of selectively concentrating on one aspect of the environment while ignoring other things. ...
Attention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ignored - disregarded; "his cries were unheeded"; "Shaw's neglected one-act comedy, `A Village Wooing'"; "her ignored advice"
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=ignored

Must ignore memory writes.
ARM1156T2-S? Technical Reference Manual Glossary

Exclude an object when aggregating and displaying MWTM status information.
OSS Integration Guide for the Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager 6.0 - Glossary [Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager] - Cisco Systems

Powered by Google Dictionary

LMAO! Just because you choose to ignore me, does not mean I ignore you.

Moron.

Of course, you lied when you proclaimed you would ignore me.
Hi, you have received -8 reputation points from Madeline.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Predictable. Cowardly and hateful -- a really ugly post.

Regards,
Madeline

Note: This is an automated message.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Let us know how that ignoring is working for ya, m'kay?

Last edited:
To explain in pics, idiot.

ostrich_001.jpg

Me. (Well, really del, but this is education through pictures for morons)

headinsand.jpg

You.

Well, so you say, but you lie.

Congress is set to vote on the Murphy Amendment this week. This bill repeals the discriminatory "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy for all armed forces, and would prevent the discharge of patriots willing to fight for us merely because they are GLBT folks.

The US and Turkey are the ONLY NATO countries which discriminate against gays and lesbians in the military, and over 10,000 armed forces members have been discharged for being "openly gay". I don't think it's right to ask someone to risk his life for me and then demand that he hide who he really is.

As predictable as mud after a rain, the GOP has vowed to fight this bill with all their might. Tell your senators and representatives -- especially if they are Republicans -- that Americans love ALL our fighting men and women, and that they are fighting to protect a nation that will not discriminate against them if they survive and return home.

The Human Rights Campaign has a widget you can use to contact your elected officials easily and quickly, and to add a note about this to your page on facebook or twitter.

Have you ever served in the military? Unless you have served, you have no valid opinion of DADT!

• Banned
Reindlr wrote:

Have you ever served in the military? Unless you have served, you have no valid opinion of DADT!

Why is that, exactly? The service of my Daddy, uncles and cousins is not enough to qualify me to speak? WHY? These are the men whose generation saw the integration of the military, ending racial segregation among the troops. People predicted that would be the end of the world as well, and it was not. No one now would seriously propose returning to racial segregation among the troops.

Why is it I need to be defended only by heterosexuals and silent homosexuals, but some lady in France doesn't?

I pay for the military. Does that qualify me to have a valid opinion?

I'm sorry, but no! If you have not served in the military and had to share a room with three other men or share a community shower room with 40 other men, you should have no say in DADT! An open homosexual will be ostracized and will only get seperated more than he/she is now. Not to mention in the barracks, most heterosexual men will not want to be assigned to the same room with a homosexual man; which only leads to billeting issues.

Maybe I can play devil's advocate, lets say, fine let the homosexuals serve openly. If a heterosexual male Marine has to share a room with a homosexual male Marine and be a piece of eye candy for a the gay Marine. Then why can't we start puting female Marines and male Marines in the same room. It's only fair! Or maybe we can have female and male Marines share the same community shower!

It won't work! Repeal of DADT will lead to billeting issues and will ultimatly lead to segregation of homosexual service members; which is counter-productive. Several military leaders have already stated that heterosexuals will not be required to room with homosexuals. This will require more money (your taxes) to pay for additional billeting to be built on military installations.

If they start putting female heterosexual Marines in with male hetereosexual Marines, I will sign up.

(Oooooops, was that out loud?)

The homophobes take a page from the bigot's book. You can't integrate the military! White soldiers will not put up with that!

In the words of Sonny Bono, the beat goes on.

The homophobes take a page from the bigot's book. You can't integrate the military! White soldiers will not put up with that!

WTF?

Race?

WTF?

And, if you want to find a high concentration of homophobes, look more at the Black community.

WTF?

Race?

WTF?

And, if you want to find a high concentration of homophobes, look more at the Black community.
the point is, whenever someone thinks it's okay to discriminate, they use the same time worn arguments.

and that argument is, basically, 'we don't like them and living with them might upset us'.

poor wittle soldiers

WTF?

Race?

WTF?

the point is, whenever someone thinks it's okay to discriminate, they use the same time worn arguments.

and that argument is, basically, 'we don't like them and living with them might upset us'.

poor wittle soldiers

So, race has nothing to do with it and you just decided to further diminish an important issue by playing a race card. Got it.

Now, onto the topic:

1. This is simply political grandstanding on the part of Congress and Obama as this act will contradict the UCMJ. They know it, too, because they are not morons (well, the majority are not). If it passes, those who DO tell without being asked will now be able to be shitcanned. Unceremoniously, too.

Yup, Congress and Obama are really looking out for the gays in the military.

2. The MISSION is the priority in the military, not sex, not civil rights. If I had a loved one who was gay and in the military, I would tell him/her to keep his/her mouth shut about it at all costs.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but no! If you have not served in the military and had to share a room with three other men or share a community shower room with 40 other men, you should have no say in DADT! An open homosexual will be ostracized and will only get seperated more than he/she is now. Not to mention in the barracks, most heterosexual men will not want to be assigned to the same room with a homosexual man; which only leads to billeting issues.

Maybe I can play devil's advocate, lets say, fine let the homosexuals serve openly. If a heterosexual male Marine has to share a room with a homosexual male Marine and be a piece of eye candy for a the gay Marine. Then why can't we start puting female Marines and male Marines in the same room. It's only fair! Or maybe we can have female and male Marines share the same community shower!

It won't work! Repeal of DADT will lead to billeting issues and will ultimatly lead to segregation of homosexual service members; which is counter-productive. Several military leaders have already stated that heterosexuals will not be required to room with homosexuals. This will require more money (your taxes) to pay for additional billeting to be built on military installations.

Reidlr, it DOES work...all over the world. In the armed forces of every NATO nation, except for the US and Turkey. I expect a Marine to act like a MARINE. If there are billeting issues I am sure they can be resolved, and not with hysterical hand wringing. That ain't the Marine way, now, is it?

Do you want to be the one to tell some Aussie or UK solider he's too "faggot-friendly" to fight along side us? I sure don't.

nato-flags.jpg

Reidlr, it DOES work...all over the world. In the armed forces of every NATO nation, except for the US and Turkey. I expect a Marine to act like a MARINE. If there are billeting issues I am sure they can be resolved, and not with hysterical hand wringing. That ain't the Marine way, now, is it?

Do you want to be the one to tell some Aussie or UK solider he's too "faggot-friendly" to fight along side us? I sure don't.

Reidlr is not the one who is being hysterical, here. You are. And you are a liar.

And a moron.

First off you need to look at this issue from a neutral stand point. One of which you obviously can not. Billeting is only an example of what will happen. Due to your lack of military knowledge, as is evident by your comments, you have no idea what the ramifications will be when you unleash the GLBT community on the military. Let me address a few:

-Billeting - This is an issue I have addressed in my other post, but this not only applies to garrison units, but also applies to deployed units.

-UCMJ - There are several articles that address inappropriate behavior and homosexual behavior that will have to be rewritten. But will the CJCS really vote to change these articles? I highly doubt it! That will result in homosexuals getting to look like homosexuals, but if they act like homosexuals they will still be charged with mulitple UCMJ articles.

-Career - What does this have to do with DADT? It is simple. If a Marine unit commander has to deploy an additional Marine to a deployed enviornment to support the war but all he has to choose from is a straightlaced heterosexual Marine or a straightlaced, but controversial, homosexual Marine, who do you think he will choose? The hetero Marine will be chosen to avoid any issues on the battlefield. This will result in a wartime fitness report or a wartime pro/con markings (depending on the rank of the Marine) and the homo Marine that was left behind to avoid any issues/concerns in the deployed environment will not get the wartime reports. Now, if those two Marines are up for the same promotion, who do you think will get it? The Marine who deployed to a warzone or the Marine who stayed in the barracks and worked in the office on base?

-Bootcamp - This will be a huge headache for the bootcamp commanders! A squadbay full of men with one community shower and one community head (restroom). The facilities are not easily updated due to the lack of space. I really don't have to explain myself here.

-MOS School - See bootcamp.

-Specialized School - The Marine Corps has many specialty schools that advance the career of the Marine who successfully attends and graduates. The facilities tend to be squadbays with community heads/showers. A Marine has to be selected for the course, in most cases, so who would get selected. The homosexual that isn't welcome in the squadbay/community head or the heterosexual? This also is related to the "Career" section above.

-Wartime Mission - Do you think that a homosexual serving in a warzone will not cause issues/concerns? If two Marines are in a fighting position at night, do you honostly think that hetero Marine will not be wondering if homo Marine is checking him out, thus hendering his ability to do his job?

There are many many more issues with allowing homosexuals to openly serve. DADT was created to allow them to serve peacefully. If you repeal DADT and they get to be loud and proud, it will not be peaceful! Again, if you have not served and do not understand the military, then don't give your uneducated opinion.

Gay men and women already serve with no problems seen.

Having them not have to lie about who they are is just being honest on all sides.

Forum List

Back