End ALL Aid to Palestinian Authority

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182842,00.html

They are now an official terrorist organization. I'd send letters to me reps in congress, but they're Dems who don't really give a shit about MY TAX MONEY GOING TO HAMAS. God damn this pisses me off! When are people gonna get their f'ing heads out of the sand?! Those poor widdle opwessed Palestinians, why don't those evil Jews just leave them alone? "Partners in peace" my ass. Isreal should reclaim what is ttheir rightful territory. Invading a soveriegn nation and having your ass handed to you does not equal an occupation. And as I'm writing this lol, there's Condi on TV spinning it away. "The Palestinian people have voted for change." There's some brilliant insight. Wow.

The people have chosen. I say that means they can all die with their terrorist government. Launch the missles now please...

theHawk said:
The people have chosen. I say that means they can all die with their terrorist government. Launch the missles now please...

That's about the size of it.

The best part:

Benita Ferrero-Waldner, the EU external relations commissioner, said Hamas must be "ready to work for peace" with Israel if it joins the Palestinian government.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan congratulated the Palestinian people on the peaceful legislative elections, which he said was an important step toward a Palestinian state.

What...the...fuck.

theim said:
The best part:

What...the...fuck.

I wonder if the UN people think a two state solution is possible with Hamas, considering Hamas won't recognize Israel. It just doesn't add up.

So is it. Hamas didn't plotted any attacks for about 1 year.
This is democracy, people have chosen. Fatah and all others are corrupt. Hamas promised to defeat corruption.
Hamas also, like the muslim-brotherhood in egypt, does much in welfare in this region. Helping people with their daily needed things in Life.

It is up to USA whether USA stops payments to Palestinians or not. But to stop funding of Palestinians will push these regions more into anarchy where there are anyway no jobs, no taxes....

I for myself wished also that Hamas didn't get so many votes. But the people have chosen. It is this thing, your President tries to promote in the Mid-East. Democracy.
Ignoreing HAmas-government is not good.

There are also some chances out of this situation:
MAybe in the legislatur of Hamas-Government they will unite their paramilitary forces with official Palestinian security forces. This would be very good. And on this the international community has to concentrate now.
If this is achieved: The security forces of official Palestinian authorities will strengthen, even if in the next election Hamas isn't again elected to government their forces will remain in official Palestinian security forces.

The international community has to cooperate with any government which comes out of this election. As Palkestine is not an local event, but affects regions and hearts of people beyond Palestine.

canavar said:
So is it. Hamas didn't plotted any attacks for about 1 year.
This is democracy, people have chosen. Fatah and all others are corrupt. Hamas promised to defeat corruption.
Hamas also, like the muslim-brotherhood in egypt, does much in welfare in this region. Helping people with their daily needed things in Life.

It is up to USA whether USA stops payments to Palestinians or not. But to stop funding of Palestinians will push these regions more into anarchy where there are anyway no jobs, no taxes....

I for myself wished also that Hamas didn't get so many votes. But the people have chosen. It is this thing, your President tries to promote in the Mid-East. Democracy.
Ignoreing HAmas-government is not good.

There are also some chances out of this situation:
MAybe in the legislatur of Hamas-Government they will unite their paramilitary forces with official Palestinian security forces. This would be very good. And on this the international community has to concentrate now.
If this is achieved: The security forces of official Palestinian authorities will strengthen, even if in the next election Hamas isn't again elected to government their forces will remain in official Palestinian security forces.

The international community has to cooperate with any government which comes out of this election. As Palkestine is not an local event, but affects regions and hearts of people beyond Palestine.

Hey Canaver. With Hamas in official control of government and all, will they persecute any other terrorist factions who were competitors of theirs on the ballot? WIll there be infighting within muslim factions?

I don't know. But every nation that is affected by the Israel-Palestinan conflict has to do the best out of this situation.
Ofcoursean alone-Hamas government is bad. Let us wait, maybe they agree on a coalition.
When Hamas forms goverment on its own, international community is needed more with on-ground diplomacy and negotiations with Hamas. To show Hamas where the red lines are.

Just because democracy is "promoted" doesn't mean we have to accept a democratically elected government that is nothing more than a terrorist state. IMO, countries that willfully elect such governments should pay the consequences. We should not let this government form. We should start the carpet bombing asap.

I need to stop watching this on TV. Some moronic congresswoman: "Isreal is shaking right now with all this internal trouble, and now this election..."

If "Isreal is shaking" it is with perfectly understandable rage and frustration. Because no bones about it, we let them down. Maybe even out-and-out betrayed them. What we did was pretend a terror organization with "DEATH TO THE JEWS" as its slogan is a "partner for peace". We told Isreal just what we told Europe before the holocaust. "Oh come on. The boys may be a little excitable, but they can't possibly mean it." Well they DO mean it. For US to dare and tell Isreal that it has to deal nicely with "Palestine" is the height of hypocrisy.

Elections and representative legislators don't make sense in the all or nothing regimes which exist in the mideast right now. Not winning the presidency possibly means being rounded up and killed. Maybe that's why they don't DO elections in this part of the world.

Hamas running a future state of Palestine will be akin to the Taliban running Afghanistan, or the current Iranian regime: a bunch of thugs in power.

gop_jeff said:
Hamas running a future state of Palestine will be akin to the Taliban running Afghanistan, or the current Iranian regime: a bunch of thugs in power.

Who installed the Taliban again?

Oh how they would hate to becalled "thugs." Not becuase it means anything other than what they are, but because the word "Thug", comes from "Thugee" which was a hindu assassin cult. Muslims dont like being associated with hindus. :D

as it was explained to me ....the house and senate voted that Hamas was a terrorist organization....and by US law we can not have diplomatic relations with a terrorist organization..............so now ...... palestine does not exist

Forum List

Back