Enabling Evil

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Though this sermon from Michael Boldea was given on May 1, 2007, it is a timely message for the Church today. False prophets continue to prophesy out of the imaginations of their own minds and itching ears continue to listen... What a time we are living in!

ENABLING EVIL

May 1, 2007

Enabler: One who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior by providing excuses or by helping that individual avoid the consequences of such behavior.

As of late I have been receiving an increasing number of correspondence, enough so that it warranted a public response, concerning the contradictory revelations, dreams and visions that are being touted by some well known Evangelists, who foresee not judgment or hardships, but rather an unprecedented season of blessing, prosperity, and human understanding, a utopian world of men living and coexisting in peace.

I have been asked to comment, to confirm or deny, to make a case for what God is showing this ministry, to attempt and convince the divided heart that we are on the side of right. In this case, as in most other cases of this nature, I will defer to the Word, wherein we find wisdom knowledge and understanding, wherein we find the answers to the questions that fill our hearts and minds.

I have never in my life attempted to sway anyone when it came to prophecy, or try to prove that I am on the side of right, but merely directed them to the Bible, and asked them to confirm, in the Word, what they are hearing from the mouths of men.

Simply put, I stand on the Word of God, and look to it for confirmation of every word I hear, no matter how respected an individual that person might be in Christian circles, or how well known.

It seems to me, and increasingly so, that the current prophetic climate in this country is closely mimicking the prophetic climate during Jeremiah's time, wherein although sin abounded, men despised God, and walked according to the imagination of their own hearts, the prophets of that time prophesied only peace, and good times ahead.

I realize the instinctive reaction of many is to say, 'let them speak, they're not hurting anyone, because even those of the world, those with no insight or foresight into prophecy, and the Word can see where humanity is headed', and to be honest I wish it were that simple.

There is however an underlying issue, a true and undeniable problem with those still prophesying peace and prosperity, in that those who believe them are enabled, and emboldened to persist in their wickedness.

The hands of evildoers are strengthened, and due to the prophetic utterance of 'prophet' Bob, informing them of blue skies, and clear sailing ahead, no one turns back from their wickedness.

The real tragedy, is due to the fact that such men are not hearing from God, due to the fact that God has neither spoken to them nor sent them, they are perpetuating the justification and rationalization of sin in the hearts and lives of God's people.

There is nothing greater than a sense of security, no matter how false that sense of security might be, to keep someone from turning from evil.

Jeremiah 23:14, "Also I have seen a horrible thing in the prophets of Jerusalem: They strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns back form his wickedness. All of them are like Sodom to Me, and her inhabitants like Gomorrah."

Jeremiah 23:16-17, "Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They make you worthless. They speak a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the Lord. They continually say to those who despise Me, 'The Lord has said, you shall have peace;' And to everyone who walks according to the imagination of his own heart, no evil shall come upon you."

Jeremiah 23:21-22, "I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran. I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. But if they had stood in My counsel, and had caused My people to hear My words, then they would have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings."

One thing is certain, it is much easier to speak a vision of one's own heart, to take optimism and unrealistic expectation, package them up into a bundle, and label them prophecy, than it is to stand before God day and night, weeping and broken, and await His voice, being silent until He speaks, standing still until He sends you.

Hand of Help Ministries - Enabling Evil

Do you ever read your own cut and paste posts? This is what you are doing :
enabling people through such false prophets.
quote: Enabler: One who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior by providing excuses or by helping that individual avoid the consequences of such behavior.

You are validating, humoring, trying to justify their breaking all the commands and fallen path. While you try and save RCC dupes, you are leading others off another cliff.

The end is near, return quickly, kingdom to come in their era never occured=false prophets.
The dupes (fish hook line and sinker) have poor reading skills and the preachers lack of honesty makes people oblivious to past or present tense not future
tense. Also passages describing specific historical events taking place in their time, thus allowing connecting the dots of other book and chapters referring to that same event time period.
Words like near and soon mean nothing if they need it to be about 1000, then 2000 years later. If their spouse said they were going out for ice cream, be back soon and they need not come back 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, 20 years then they would not be waiting for them to return soon. So why then do they do this through a fable? Because he is not gonna HaShev (return).
If your spouse said the time is near that you got a job and you took 2 months, 2 years, 20 years to look for that job, do you suppose they'd still be married to you?
Then why is the church still married to the wrong groom for the same exact thing?

These false prophets who do not speak for G-d. -Ezekiel CH 13, Deut 18:20-22, Isa. 30:10, Jer. 5:30-31, 14:14, 23:16, 26, 31-32.

Jeremiah, we live in a nation where anyone can believe anything they want, and can say anything they want, and the law will not prevent them. I hope you value that freedom we enjoy, because in some countries in the world, what you post on this forum would have gotten you arrested many times over.

Or in previous times where Christianity was in charge simply not believing was enough to get someone burned at the stake.

Is it evil to burn someone's religious documents in a bonfire or is it more evil to allow them to continue worshipping false gods and/or wrong doctrines that will lead them right to Hell? Were the Conquistadores more or less wrong when they rolled into Mesoamerica and imposed Christianity at the point of a lance than the Aztecs were when they would show up and serve the local priests to their own gods in the form of human sacrifice?

The point is, in other countries governments think it's their job to save souls by saving people from false religions, but in the United States, the government was never put in charge of the soul-saving business, that is the job of the churches, which are allowed to compete for souls without any government weighing in on the issue, or showing preference to one church over another. I don't believe this is true in any other country in the world, even our "advanced" European friends still have official state-sanctioned churches which get preferential treatment over other churches. In England the Queen is actually the head of the Church of England, and the Catholic religion is at a distinct disadvantage.

In England the Queen is actually the head of the Church of England, and the Catholic religion is at a distinct disadvantage.

Only if one is to become the monarch. Beyond that, Catholics are not harmed in England nor are Anglicans given preferential treatment. It's technically been that way since the Roman Catholic Relief Act of 1829, but practically since the Glorious Revolution a century and half before.

They still haven't given back all the churches and cathedrals they stole, or rebuilt the monasteries they destroyed, or returned any of the money.

The Pope still hasn't given Henry the divorce he wanted either.

King Henry VIII was probably one of the most wicked men who ever lived. I wonder if Anglicans are ashamed that such a man is the founder of their church.

Forum List

Back