Empty Seats Lie Came From Romney Campaign

good grief, are they REALLY whining over this?

First it was pins, now onto more important things...EMPTY SEATS

Yep, it's a clear lie of omission that the right wing jackasses were pushing.

Here's the arena when Obama was speaking:

120507_empty_stadium_ap_328.jpg

From Politico:

The story was accompanied by a picture of the inside of OSU’s enormous Jerome Schottenstein Center, which is used for basketball and hockey games. The picture, supplied by the Mitt Romney campaign, showed a slice of the stadium with hundreds of empty seats.

Anyone who uses Drudge as a source is a complete idiot.

I think you're using a 2008 picture---:lol::lol: Nice try though. Even the OBAMA CAMPAIGN ADMITTED they were over--optimistic on the "overfull" crowd they thought they would get.

obamafail.png

But the event fell short of the 20,000 supporters the campaign had forecast as organizers moved people from seats to the arena floor in front of the dais to project fullness to television audiences. Obama volunteers had worked feverishly over the last week to gin up a crowd, making multiple calls to residents believed to be supportive of the president.
This comment coming from a Columbus newspaper--not the Romney campaign--LOL. As you can see from the picture--there are thousands of empty seats.
Obama launches re-election campaign at Ohio State | The Columbus Dispatch

Last edited:

From Politico:

The story was accompanied by a picture of the inside of OSU’s enormous Jerome Schottenstein Center, which is used for basketball and hockey games. The picture, supplied by the Mitt Romney campaign, showed a slice of the stadium with hundreds of empty seats.

I think you're using a 2008 picture---:lol::lol: Nice try though. Even the OBAMA CAMPAIGN ADMITTED they were over--optimistic on the "overfull" crowd they thought they would get.

obamafail.png

But the event fell short of the 20,000 supporters the campaign had forecast as organizers moved people from seats to the arena floor in front of the dais to project fullness to television audiences. Obama volunteers had worked feverishly over the last week to gin up a crowd, making multiple calls to residents believed to be supportive of the president.
This comment coming from a Columbus newspaper--not the Romney campaign--LOL. As you can see from the picture--there are thousands of empty seats.

So the Columbus Newspaper is the Drudge Report--LOL

Obama-Waves-Empty-Seats-600x400.jpg

President and first lady waving to empty seats.

Empty seats haunt President Obama - Roger Simon - POLITICO.com
Before the rally, ABC News ran a story on its Political Punch site that said: “The Obama campaign expects overflow crowds at both OSU and [Virginia Commonwealth University] as part of carefully orchestrated optics. Aides want to portray the president as still highly popular among young people and still able to energize large crowds.”

And, sure enough, when the rally took place with empty seats, Political Punch’s headline after the event was: “Thousands Turn Out for Obama, But Ohio Arena Goes Unfilled.” The story said: “Obama wasn’t able to fill the stands at the 18,300-seat Schottenstein Center (about 4,300 seats were empty).”
Math check... what percentage of the 18,300 seat arena were EMPTY?
Answer: 23.4% EMPTY

So you're now admitting that Drudge is lying when he claimed that the arena was less than half full and Brainfart was lying when they claimed it was an empty venue.

Does it bother you that the Romney people tried to manufacture this lie?

A... I could care less what Drudge has to say, as I don't bother with the site. GOOGLE is my friend.

B... The Romney campaign did not take the photos I posted, CLEARLY showing the entire top section almost COMPLETELY EMPTY.

C... multiple NON-Drudge and NON-Romney souorces have repeatedly said the arena was not filled, and was up to 4,000 short of a full house. As I posted, thats about 23% less than full.

Before the rally, ABC News ran a story on its Political Punch site that said: “The Obama campaign expects overflow crowds at both OSU and [Virginia Commonwealth University] as part of carefully orchestrated optics. Aides want to portray the president as still highly popular among young people and still able to energize large crowds.”

And, sure enough, when the rally took place with empty seats, Political Punch’s headline after the event was: “Thousands Turn Out for Obama, But Ohio Arena Goes Unfilled.” The story said: “Obama wasn’t able to fill the stands at the 18,300-seat Schottenstein Center (about 4,300 seats were empty).”

So, Dickless, do you admit there were at least 4,000 empty seats, and that multiple non-Romney sources reported this fact?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

So you're now admitting that Drudge is lying when he claimed that the arena was less than half full and Brainfart was lying when they claimed it was an empty venue.

Does it bother you that the Romney people tried to manufacture this lie?

A... I could care less what Drudge has to say, as I don't bother with the site. GOOGLE is my friend.

B... The Romney campaign did not take the photos I posted, CLEARLY showing the entire top section almost COMPLETELY EMPTY.

C... multiple NON-Drudge and NON-Romney souorces have repeatedly said the arena was not filled, and was up to 4,000 short of a full house. As I posted, thats about 23% less than full.

The Columbus Dispatch newspaper said this:

Twitter was abuzz with photos and comments about vast areas of empty seats in the arena’s upper deck.

Noting that the Obama campaign had predicted an "overflow crowd," Williams said, "This arena was not full so the president failed to meet the bar his campaign set."

obamafail.png

Upps!

Last edited:

From Politico:

obamafail.png

The picture comes from the Politico article that I attached. Your photo comes from the Romney campaign, and was taken well before the event began. It was shopped to wingnut media to spin a lie. I guess you love the lie.

From Politico:

Almost as a big a idiot as people who use Media Matters or the Huffington Post as a source.

So, Dickless, do you admit there were at least 4,000 empty seats, and that multiple non-Romney sources reported this fact?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

I don't care if there were a few thousand entries. The point is that Drudge and Brainfart lied in their stories. The point is that the photo that you wingnuts used was taken by the Romney campaign, and was taken way before the event began. The point is that Romney sold a lie, and you dutifully bought it.

From Politico:

Almost as a big a idiot as people who use Media Matters or the Huffington Post as a source.

What does your rebuttal have to do with Romney's organization's lie?

From Politico:

It being a lie is your opinion and my response was not about the pic but about you calling people who use Drudge as a source idiots. Do you feel people who use liberal leaning sources like the two I posted are also idiots or do you just reserve that for people who use sources that don't follow your political ideology?

From Politico:

About as much as your editorial about people who use Drudge as a source...

And the empty seats all waved right back, with big vacant looks on what would have been faces if there had been anyone in the seats.

:lol:

You people ought to be a little more concerned about the attendance at Mittens shindigs.

Romney Camp Not To Blame For Empty Stadium, Organizers Say ...2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/.../romney-camp-not-to-blame-for-em...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Feb 24, 2012 – Mitt Romney's speech in front of a 98% empty football stadium was the result ... and noted that the attendance was impressive for a club-organized event. ... Twelve hundred is one of the largest crowds they've had,” the board ...

Obama's o-so-sparse seating.. 16 thousand out of 20,000 seats... Romney's biggest crowd...1,200?

The real question is what kind of a moron morman working for Mitten's would ever bring attendance figures to the media's attention when he draws less than 10% of Obama's average turnout.

You people are on crack.

Pathetic.

looks like Dick, Tucked and ran! :rofl:

The NUMBERS don't lie.

Dickless Tuck does.

No, the numbers don't lie. You lie. Brainfart lies. Drudge lies.

No no, Dickless. YOU lied. There WERE empty seats. Somewhere around 4 to 5 THOUSAND empty fucking seats.

The numbers don't lie.

You and only you lied.

And you stand fully exposed the the lying pussy you are.

Deal with it. It's a fact. You are simply a confirmed liar.

The good news is: you cannot lose any more credibility. You hit no credibility long ago. That's as low as you can go. All your lies here in this thread only confirm the rating!

:thup:

It being a lie is your opinion and my response was not about the pic but about you calling people who use Drudge as a source idiots. Do you feel people who use liberal leaning sources like the two I posted are also idiots or do you just reserve that for people who use sources that don't follow your political ideology?

Drudge made a claim that the arena was less than half full. That's a lie. It's not his first. You might as well use Rush Limbaugh as your source.

The NUMBERS don't lie.

Dickless Tuck does.

No, the numbers don't lie. You lie. Brainfart lies. Drudge lies.

No no, Dickless. YOU lied. There WERE empty seats. Somewhere around 4 to 5 THOUSAND empty fucking seats.

The numbers don't lie.

You and only you lied.

And you stand fully exposed the the lying pussy you are.

Deal with it. It's a fact. You are simply a confirmed liar.

The good news is: you cannot lose any more credibility. You hit no credibility long ago. That's as low as you can go. All your lies here in this thread only confirm the rating!

:thup:

You really are a lying simpleton. I never made the claim that there weren't a few thousand empty seats, scumbag. I claimed that you asswipes tried to peddle lies, and don't give a fuck about your dishonesty.

Drudge claimed the arena was less than half full. That was a lie.

Brainfart made the claim that Obama spoke to an empty arena. That's a lie.

The story was shopped by Romney's people, and provided a photo taken well before the event. That was a lie of omission, attempting to deceive.

Why do you like to lie so much, twit boy?

Forum List

Back