Employers discriminate based on names of applicants.

This is in response that makes the claim that liberal professors discriminate.

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:
Today in Kroger the cashiers name was Quitesha or Quitonya. I wanted to find out where her ignorant parents live and go smack the taste out of their mouths. Lol. But seriously what the fuck were they thinking? I’m an employer. Who should I hire? The girl who’s name starts with quit?

So you had to bring up a 4 year old to tell us that?

What do you care what the girls name is at Kroger?

I don't get it?
You’ve got 16 pages of threads you’ve started and you’ve been here since only 2016. I wish I would have started less threads. I wish I could delete half of them. Some are lame. Lol. If I’m thinking about it someone else must have already thought about the subject before and started a thread already

Nothing I say is so important it needs its own thread. When I feel it is I’ll start a thread.

I don't think that whites really can't talk about names. There are plenty of stupid white names. Like John for example. Who would name their kid after a toilet? So what I am really saying here is that we can make up any reason to talk abut names that people of different races have. A name should not stop a person from getting an opportunity.

Calling a toilet "the John" is a relatively new term when compared with the name John.
Naming your kid Laquisha is just plane stupid.

I can go to names like Ludwig, Billy Bob. Jimbo, Bobby Sue, Dabo, Forrest, Hugo, Ludmilla, Gertrude, Kellyanne, Morticia and many others. So again, you white people don't get to determine shit. You got just as many names that can be a called stupid as anyone else. Your asses ain't special or perfect because you're white.

None of those names will guarantee their resume will be filed in the trash can.
The whole point is why would you give your child a name that is going to make things difficult for them?
It's almost like they want their children to fail.

Black people, given the history of the United States, probably just shouldn’t have kids at all.

Sounds racist.

Really? When people are punished for their fucking names?

Just don’t have black kids. Admit that’s what you’re saying.

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:
Today in Kroger the cashiers name was Quitesha or Quitonya. I wanted to find out where her ignorant parents live and go smack the taste out of their mouths. Lol. But seriously what the fuck were they thinking? I’m an employer. Who should I hire? The girl who’s name starts with quit?

So you had to bring up a 4 year old to tell us that?

What do you care what the girls name is at Kroger?

I don't get it?
You’ve got 16 pages of threads you’ve started and you’ve been here since only 2016. I wish I would have started less threads. I wish I could delete half of them. Some are lame. Lol. If I’m thinking about it someone else must have already thought about the subject before and started a thread already

Nothing I say is so important it needs its own thread. When I feel it is I’ll start a thread.

Say what moron silly boo boo I have been here since 2012

Well that's a load I can use for manure on the garden.....My name is a normie name and it never got my foot in any special door...

Calling a toilet "the John" is a relatively new term when compared with the name John.

I can go to names like Ludwig, Billy Bob. Jimbo, Bobby Sue, Dabo, Forrest, Hugo, Ludmilla, Gertrude, Kellyanne, Morticia and many others. So again, you white people don't get to determine shit. You got just as many names that can be a called stupid as anyone else. Your asses ain't special or perfect because you're white.

The whole point is why would you give your child a name that is going to make things difficult for them?

Black people, given the history of the United States, probably just shouldn’t have kids at all.

Sounds racist.

Blacks constantly claim that white people are racist,correct?
And odds are that job Laquisha is trying to get is being offered by a white person,correct?

Doesnt that fly in the face of common sense?

Sounds racist.

We need to go out of our way to make room for minorities within our organizations. That’s why I like affirmative action. It forces companies with hiring managers who are not as socially responsible as me to be socially responsible.

If I see a brother trying I give him a shot. But I don’t want a slick bullshit smooth talking guy who’s gonna be lazy and hard to get rid of.

I see why companies want right to work laws. It allows them to fire whoever they want. I get it. They should be allowed but workers also have rights.

So I would love affirmative action but companies can’t be sued by every black who cries descrimination.

Anyways, women should be ashamed because they’ve benefitted most from affirmative action but where are they voting? Ignorant traitors

Sounds racist.

And odds are that job Laquisha is trying to get is being offered by a white person,correct?

Whites are always claiming a meritocracy, right?

When they see a “ghetto name,” shouldn’t they look past it to the education and qualifications? Doesn’t doing otherwise just reaffirm racism and disprove the supposed American meritocracy?

Like I said, your message is, don’t be black, don’t have black kids.

Sounds racist.

When they see a “ghetto name,” shouldn’t they look past it to the education and qualifications? Doesn’t doing otherwise just reaffirm racism and disprove the supposed American meritocracy?

That doesnt refute my point at all.

Do names or experience and education matter?

Are we a meritocracy, or are there still enough racists in the system that blackness must be masked?

Well that's a load I can use for manure on the garden.....My name is a normie name and it never got my foot in any special door...
well you and moon unit zappa have something in common....

Sounds racist.

Can we be honest? Whites are asking them to raise good kids. And stop having kids you can’t afford. And if you aren’t making your kids take school seriously don’t complain that the country discriminated against uneducated young men.

They’re done hearing excuses about how hard life is for poor people. Poor people can get out of poverty if they don’t have kids tiring them down.

And no corporation is going to mil over to the ghettos so you may have to encourage your kids to to get out after they graduate highschool.

You will call it eugenics but this is what is happening to middle class whites. In order to not go into poverty we are putting kids off ten years. Now we don’t have kids in our twenties we have them in our 30s. And we are becoming a minority because poor minorities are breeding like rabbits. Muslims Mexicans and blacks.

I’m stoned

well you and moon unit zappa have something in common....
My moon unit will zappa most gals...But I believe it's not what you know but who you blow that helps get you that position you are highly unqualified for...

Sounds racist.

Can we be honest? Whites are asking them to raise good kids. And stop having kids you can’t afford. And if you aren’t making your kids take school seriously don’t complain that the country discriminated against uneducated young men.

They’re done hearing excuses about how hard life is for poor people. Poor people can get out of poverty if they don’t have kids tiring them down.

And no corporation is going to mil over to the ghettos so you may have to encourage your kids to to get out after they graduate highschool.

You will call it eugenics but this is what is happening to middle class whites. In order to not go into poverty we are putting kids off ten years. Now we don’t have kids in our twenties we have them in our 30s. And we are becoming a minority because poor minorities are breeding like rabbits. Muslims Mexicans and blacks.

I’m stoned

What does any of that have to do with a name?

I don't think that whites really can't talk about names. There are plenty of stupid white names. Like John for example. Who would name their kid after a toilet? So what I am really saying here is that we can make up any reason to talk abut names that people of different races have. A name should not stop a person from getting an opportunity.

This nonsense of determining an individuals potential based on their name and the number of non thinking individuals here who believe that a name could be a barometer in making a decision just to grant an interview to an applucant is proof in itself for the need of an ongoing affirmative action process.

There was a time in this country when a last name with a Jewish, Italian or German influence would eliminate even a hope for an opportunity.

It is amazing how conveniently judgemental some can be.

As one who has made hundreds of hiring decisions(mostly good and of course some not so good) I have never seen a parallel between a name and potential for growth.

THAT is just PLAIN ignorant.

Last edited:
Sounds racist.

I’m stoned

What does any of that have to do with a name?
I know. I was high and the thought came to mind based on what those two were saying.

I try to give blacks insight as to what whites want. I may be a liberal progressive but I’m still a white male devil so I have insight into what whites are thinking.

I would encourage a black to not name their kid Tyrone or Laquita. Not in this country. Especially with trump and republicans in charge. They will do away with affirmative action so it’s perfectly legal to shred Tyron’s resume because you don’t like blacks.

Maybe blacks will vote next year? Don’t vote don’t matter what you think or care about

Employment is at will. That is why Labor needs equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation.

Everyone raise your hand if you would change your name because someone else doesn't like it.

FYI: No white poster here speaks for all white people, and no black poster here speaks for all black people. The whole "we think this" and "you people are like that" nonsense is patently illogical.

If a hiring manager won't consider an applicant because of his or her name, the problem doesn't lie with the applicant but with the manager.

Forum List

Back