Employers discriminate based on names of applicants.

Steelplate

Bluesman
Apr 25, 2011
Central PA
This is in response that makes the claim that liberal professors discriminate.

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:

Having a hippie name or a thug name might hinder someone... Can't see a defense contractor wanting to hire old 'Tree Hugger Jones' or a security firm wanting to hire 'World Peace Smith' or mall cop firm wanting to hire 'Chains McGee'

But I have been in numerous companies... and it don't matter if you are Jamal, Bambi, Jonah, Detlev, Latisha, or Jesus... it's how you perform in your interview.. how you speak.. how you show that you can perform the job... how your history has ben.. etc

Given that MOST Afros are admitted to college under preferential treatment, that greatly devalues the diploma in an Afro's hands.

Further, if you hire someone with a retarded, racist Afro name they're more likely to be racial troublemakers than someone else.

Pretty sure potential employers look at my resume and just assume I'm Black. In fact, I remember one Black guy who interviewed me had this look on his face like "Oh shit, how am I gonna' get out of this one?". Finally he just said that I was "overqualified" for the job.

But I doubt I was but oh well. :lol:

you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:
Today in Kroger the cashiers name was Quitesha or Quitonya. I wanted to find out where her ignorant parents live and go smack the taste out of their mouths. Lol. But seriously what the fuck were they thinking? I’m an employer. Who should I hire? The girl who’s name starts with quit?

Imo, blacks are their own worst enemy.

Far too many obnoxious, loud-mouthed BLM thugs have been all over TV news for a long time: forcing their way into political speaking events, rioting, looting, acting like fucking savages.

Then, in colleges, blacks are staging never-ending protests, demanding their fucking Safe Spaces, "demanding" that college officials resign, wanting names of buildings and streets changed because they offend their sensitive widdle feelings, basically ruining the colleges they're so obviously not fit to attend.

Who, in their right mind, would want to hire, or work with, a black person, when everyone knows that so many of them are nothing but fucking trouble-makers and thugs. It's better to simply avoid being around them whenever possible.

Many experts say that the majority of the American people by the end of this century will be African American people and Hispanic people.

At that time, it will require statesmanship-like leadership of both groups to meet the challenge of job distribution.

Already in my very liberal city (where Hispanic people far outnumber African Americans), there was an agreement a few years back to guarantee that African Americans would be guaranteed a certain number (i.e., quota) of jobs in a certain field.

This thread seems to concentrate on the names of Caucasian people and African American people.

But as the Caucasian population continues to fall, the names of African American people and Hispanic people will be the focus on the part of employers.

Sounds legit.

Today in Kroger the cashiers name was Quitesha or Quitonya. I wanted to find out where her ignorant parents live and go smack the taste out of their mouths. Lol. But seriously what the fuck were they thinking? I’m an employer. Who should I hire? The girl who’s name starts with quit?
Black parents don't exactly have a reputation for setting their children up for success. And that includes the moment they are born, and they give them some fucked up name.

Having a hippie name or a thug name might hinder someone... Can't see a defense contractor wanting to hire old 'Tree Hugger Jones' or a security firm wanting to hire 'World Peace Smith' or mall cop firm wanting to hire 'Chains McGee'

But I have been in numerous companies... and it don't matter if you are Jamal, Bambi, Jonah, Detlev, Latisha, or Jesus... it's how you perform in your interview.. how you speak.. how you show that you can perform the job... how your history has ben.. etc

What's a "thug" name?

You're right about job performance. 100%. But you have to get In the door first. And it is incontrovertible that certain names make it less likely you will get in the door. And that goes for Lakeshia or Bambi. Unless, of course, you have famous parents.

Black parents don't exactly have a reputation for setting their children up for success. And that includes the moment they are born, and they give them some fucked up name.

But if the applicant have the qualifications for the job that makes your premise bigoted BS

But if the applicant have the qualifications for the job that makes your premise bigoted BS
No. That makes my premise an example of, wait for it....

Real life!!! In this life you fuck with the dick you were given. In the case of ghetto trash names putting you at a disadvantage when it comes to job opportunities; that's just the way it is. Real life doesn't care.

No. That makes my premise an example of, wait for it....

Real life!!! In this life you fuck with the dick you were given. In the case of ghetto trash names putting you at a disadvantage when it comes to job opportunities; that's just the way it is. Real life doesn't care.
I would love to ask her how or why her parents would name her a name that starts with Quit. Talk about a bad name on a resume.

Yeah, no shit having a stupid, fucked up name like Laquisha is going to reduce your chances of getting a good job. It just sounds ugly, sorry. For the love of God, don't give your kids one of those names. You don't have to name them Brittany or Jessica. You can use somewhat more exotic names like Danica or Natalya or Raina. People like beautiful-sounding or names they are familiar with, and Laquisha is both ugly as fuck and abnormal.

Blacks and whites with equal resumes are not equal, starting with colleges that blacks get in with much lower SATs. If you're going to make an "equal" resume, why fault an employer for considering past lower standards for blacks, to break the tie? Why fault the employers for considering the potential for racial agitation to break the tie? Why fault the employer for being reasonable?

If these resumes were sent to companies were blacks were under-represented, it would be the white-name resumes being dumped in the trash.

Who, in their right mind, would want to hire, or work with, a black person......

If that person were qualified, experienced, competent, and capable of working well with others? Who wouldn't? Who in their right mind would make a hiring decision based on something as arbitrary as skin color?

Yeah, no shit having a stupid, fucked up name like Laquisha is going to reduce your chances of getting a good job. It just sounds ugly, sorry. For the love of God, don't give your kids one of those names. You don't have to name them Brittany or Jessica. You can use somewhat more exotic names like Danica or Natalya or Raina. People like beautiful-sounding or names they are familiar with, and Laquisha is both ugly as fuck and abnormal.

I wonder who gets to decide what "sounds beautiful" or not? I wonder if some people expect those applying for jobs to wear masks of the 'proper' background so as not to offend?

La-ah (La-dash-uh)
Pronounced 'La-Dash-Uh'

The name started popping up after 2007 and has been referred to several times on popular radio morning shows. "Tagline associated with this word is 'the dash don't be slient' referring of course to the proper pronunciation of the word.

I wonder who gets to decide what "sounds beautiful" or not? I wonder if some people expect those applying for jobs to wear masks of the 'proper' background so as not to offend?

Some words simply sound ugly because of hard sounds. Like "kwi" or "kwa". Hard sounds at irregular places. It's jarring. Not that hard to figure out.

Forum List

Back