Employers add 117,000 jobs in July

Then why is this admin instituting policies that reinforce that premise.

A town cant go to non partisan positions because blacks wont know how to vote.

You must lower standards because blacks are not doing well.

You must use race in college admission because blacks dont score well.

WHY?

What in the world are you talking about?
Connecticut Fire Department exams for promotions.

We also have the same issue in PA. with police promotions.

Employers add 117,000 jobs in July, unemployment rate drops - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hiring picked up slightly in July and the unemployment rate dipped to 9.1%, an optimistic sign after the worst day on Wall Street in nearly three years.

Employers added 117,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said Friday. That's better than the past two months, which were also revised higher.

The mild improvement may ease investors' concerns after the Dow Jones industrial average plummeted more than 500 points over concerns that the U.S. may be entering another recession.

Businesses added 154,000 jobs across many industries. Governments cut 37,000 jobs last month. Still, 23,000 of those losses were almost entirely because of the shutdown of Minnesota's state government.

Did you bother to read past the first 2 lines of the Report? Where it tells us that 193000 People simply quit looking for work? and we are now at a historically Low % of Americans who are in the work force?

You Libs are so funny, You latch on to the top line in the Report, Ignore the chilling bad news in the rest of the Report, and wail about how great your leader is.

To funny.

Who cares?

An economic recovery is good for the whole country, regardless of your political leanings

I do love that DC has managed to brainwash everyone into calling the economic collapse into a "recovery" despite at not a single point did things get better... Recovery now means "If things get worse slower under Obama it's good news and counts as a recovery."

I wonder how many people wish their health were described as the Obama Recovery... I'm definitely dying, just a bit slower... So I call it a recovery to make myself feel better... LOL.

Things did get better - and they still are. Just not at the pace folks would hope. income is now higher than when the recession began, several percentage points higher than the bottom of the contraction.

It's a tepid expansion, but it's an expansion.

Just liek the Great Depression was actually a period of high growth, so too what we're experiencing now is a Golden Age of Wealth.

You really are that stupid. There is no expansion. GDP growth is essentially zero.

I do love that DC has managed to brainwash everyone into calling the economic collapse into a "recovery" despite at not a single point did things get better... Recovery now means "If things get worse slower under Obama it's good news and counts as a recovery."

I wonder how many people wish their health were described as the Obama Recovery... I'm definitely dying, just a bit slower... So I call it a recovery to make myself feel better... LOL.

Things did get better - and they still are. Just not at the pace folks would hope. income is now higher than when the recession began, several percentage points higher than the bottom of the contraction.

It's a tepid expansion, but it's an expansion.

Just liek the Great Depression was actually a period of high growth, so too what we're experiencing now is a Golden Age of Wealth.

You really are that stupid. There is no expansion. GDP growth is essentially zero.

I want to know how these fucking Brainless idiots think adding 117000 Jobs while 193000 People simply quit looking for work. IN any way is good news? Things are getting better? Really?

lol

The Obama administration is responsible for a case decided by the Supreme Court in 2009 where the exam results were held to be unbiased and constitutional?

No. The DoJ intervened.
Holder is an appointee and considered part of the Obama administration.

Oh....I forgot, your the Rabbi

Economy must fail....economy must fail

When you start from the premise that black people can't lead, it's not hard to arrive at the conclusion that with a black person at the helm the economy will fail.

race-card-obama-race-card-democrats-change-vote-election-aco-demotivational-poster-1225250947.jpg

Dearest Frank,

Rabbi has stated quite clearly that he believes black people can not lead. Please make a note of it. It points to his worldview, which is relevant when trying to understand his posts.

It's not "the race card". It's a fact.

The Obama administration is responsible for a case decided by the Supreme Court in 2009 where the exam results were held to be unbiased and constitutional?

No. The DoJ intervened.

What was Holder and DoJ's involvement in a case that ended 5 months after they took office?

Franklin Roosevelt told the American people he wasn't going to stop experimenting with the American economy until the economy improved. Most businesses, in response hunkered down, withdrew into their shells, and waited to see which industry Mr Roosevelt trashed next. The result was the twelve year American Great Depression, all the while economic conditions were improving in most other countries.
Today we labor under the promise of "The Fundamental transformation of America" of which the burden is neither light nor the yoke easy.

I will never understand some people's definition of "a good thing".
154,000 private jobs is lousy. Not a "good thing".
Just because something is terrible but not REALLY terrible doesn't equal a positive...it just means the economy is stagnant at best...which...wait for it...is not a good thing.

Especially for July. ADP announced that planned lay-offs late July are at a 16 month high, since we are starting with a crappy 154,000...that means August looks to be a real problem.

Get over it...things still suck. And will continue too for several, several years.

No. The DoJ intervened.

What was Holder and DoJ's involvement in a case that ended 5 months after they took office?

My apologies...

More accurately...

Holder ignored the findings, opinion, and precedent set of the supreme court as it pertained to written exams for fire department promotions in Connecticut, and intervened in the Dayton Ohio situation that mirrored the connecticut one...I beleive it was earlier this year.

as someone who claims to look at issues without partisanship, I have trouble believing you would take a Washington Times article that starts with:

"Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.’s obsession with racial grievance-mongering could get Americans burnt to a crisp in their own homes."

at face value.

if your complaint is that the exams aren't biased, that's one thing. But welll-intentioned people might disagree about that without claiming that the other side is getting people burned to a crisp in their homes.

Just because something is terrible but not REALLY terrible doesn't equal a positive...it just means the economy is stagnant at best...which...wait for it...is not a good thing.

Especially for July. ADP announced that planned lay-offs late July are at a 16 month high, since we are starting with a crappy 154,000...that means August looks to be a real problem.

Get over it...things still suck. And will continue too for several, several years.

Exactly, and when you add to that, that the report also says 193000 People quit looking for work, and we are at a Historically low % of Americans in the work force. You are left with something that can only be called bad news. Unless of course you are a liberal, then you have to find a way to try and call it good news.

At 154000 Jobs a month it will only take about a decade to bring the 13 Million jobs we have lost back. Yeah this is WONDERFUL.

By the way, I am one of those people who are now employed, but for about 1/2 Income I am used to. I am counted as employed yet I can't pay my bills on the money I am making. lol. God I love this Economy.

Last edited:

Exactly, and when you add to that, that the report also says 193000 People quit looking for work, and we are at a Historically low % of Americans in the work force. You are left with something that can only be called bad news. Unless of course you are a liberal, then you have to find a way to try and call it good news.

At 154000 Jobs a month it will only take about a decade to bring the 13 Million jobs we have lost back. Yeah this is WONDERFUL.

By the way, I am one of those people who are now employed, but for about 1/2 Income I am used to. I am counted as employed yet I can't pay my bills on the money I am making. lol. God I love this Economy.

You probably should stop posting and go get another job.

On a thread I saw yesterday, someone was trouncing the "lazy slobs" in the unemployment line.

Just sayin.

as someone who claims to look at issues without partisanship, I have trouble believing you would take a Washington Times article that starts with:

"Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.’s obsession with racial grievance-mongering could get Americans burnt to a crisp in their own homes."

at face value.

if your complaint is that the exams aren't biased, that's one thing. But welll-intentioned people might disagree about that without claiming that the other side is getting people burned to a crisp in their homes.

I picked the first article (editorial) I found. I needed to meet ssomeone for 10 minutes and didnt have the tiime.

But I live in NY and the debate was quite heated. It is not an issue of people burning in their homes....that was editorial sensationalism...

It was a debate about going overboard.

The test was a fair test and had very little discrepency as it pertained to race passing ratios....

Truth is, only true intellectually deficient people failed the dam test...and yes...there happened to be a slightly hire africn american number in that few....but that was becuase more african americans took the dam exam....not becuase africn americans are dumber....

The DOJ did get involved...and it was a joke.....it had no reason to intervene...and if it had reviewed the data with an open mind, it wouldnt have.

But the point is....the DOJ is admitting that it sees African Americans as not as "well educated".....and perhaps that is a refelction of the school system...but here in NYC there is great diversity in the PS system...with bussing, segregation, etc....

So my question is...why does the DOJ believe that in a city like NYC, African Americans are less likely to fair well on a public servant exam than Whites?

Last edited:

at face value.

Exactly how can an exam be biased?

The only way iut can be biased is if you think that African Americans are less likely to do well on the exam....and seeing as the exam is regarding subject matter that you are given material to study from...then what is it sayiung?

That Blacks do not have the ability to comprehend as well as whites?

Why?

I find that repulsive.

at face value.

The only way iut can be biased is if you think that African Americans are less likely to do well on the exam....and seeing as the exam is regarding subject matter that you are given material to study from...then what is it sayiung?

Why?

I find that repulsive.

Wow...that was a terrible choice of words on my part. I didn't mean that the exam itself was biased. I meant that the use of it as a selection criteria may present unneeded bias. I haven't seen the exam nor do i know the background, of course.

at face value.

Why?

I find that repulsive.

Wow...that was a terrible choice of words on my part. I didn't mean that the exam itself was biased. I meant that the use of it as a selection criteria may present unneeded bias. I haven't seen the exam nor do i know the background, of course.

You see...I do.
The exam takers are given material to study and prepare from. I know many that have taken the exams.
None went into the program knowing the material...they study for it.

For the DOJ to say "it may have been a biased process" is the same as them saying one of two thing...

1) We did not look at the facts but we want to spend our time looking into this anyway.
2) African Americans do not have the ability to comprehend written material as well as white people

either way, it was irresponsible and created a bigger racial divide in the city.

Forum List

Back