Employers add 117,000 jobs in July

You call one number an economic recovery??
Weren't you the one predicting last year we would be below 7% unemployment by now?

Shit...I was wrong wasn't I?

Doesn't mean we can't be glad for a little good news on the jobs front does it?
Oh....I forgot, your the Rabbi

Economy must fail....economy must fail

Oh shiiiiit lol, I called it! Attack people for not accepting horrible news as "good news."

Lets roll back time Ohhh to lets say 1 year ago, when RW was making thread after thread of how Obama is absolutely, for sure this time, it's happening, no doubt the recovery is happening now. Then we can watch him rabidly attack anyone that says these numbers are shitty at best.

Nice to know some people stay the same, like today, only with worse numbers!

Where have I even mentioned Obama?

Just appreciating some good economic news on the jobs front.. Of course, those who only look for Obama must fail will try to find a dark cloud for every upturn

I'll wait until next month to see the results. That's usually when we hear that "amazingly, unexpectedly" employment numbers were revised downward from the previous month.

A typical "good news, bad news" story. The BAD news is that an average of over 400,000 people every WEEK are filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits.

Businesses didn't "add" ANYTHING. Only to a leftist does adding 154,000 and subtracting 400,00 leave us with a "positive" number. Must be that "new math". :cuckoo::cuckoo:
As has already been pointed out, the 154,000 is NET and the UI claims are GROSS.

Then there is the FACT that the U.S. government employment/unemployment statistics don't take into account people who have exhausted their unemployment benefits and still haven't found a job,
That's not a fact, that's completely untrue. Try doing research.
people who have given up looking for work,
Because they're not unemployed. Unemployed does NOT mean "does not have a job" but "is trying to get a job." Or are you going to count retirees and students as unemployed?

people who are working part-time at McDonald's and have a Master's degree, people who are underemployed,
How are they UNemployed?

and people who have reached the hopeless and helpless stage and have joined the unemployed poor and are collecting food stamps, living in subsidized housing, and are on the Medicaid rolls.
If they're trying to get a job, then they're unemployed.

If memory serves, and it does. Its summer time.
And the numbers are seasonally adjusted to account for that.

I bet the labor dept spent a long damn night cooking the books and the best they could come up with is a "revised" 9.1% instead of 9.2. Temporary government work like cutting grass on the highway might look like a jobs spike to radical Obamites and I guess it's the best we can do these days.
The 9.1% is not a revised number...the Unemployment data doesn't get revised. And government jobs declined.

Overall, a crappy report. The UE rate went down because both Employment (from the household survey) and Unemployment went down. Although really, none of the major changes in the household survey were statistically significant.

Last edited:
Dumpass, take the numbers as a good sign for America, forget the partisan crap.
Not a very good sign though.

Not a good sign indeed:

Labor Force Participation Rate Drops To 63.9%, Lowest Since January 1984 | ZeroHedge

Labor Force Participation Rate Drops To 63.9%, Lowest Since January 1984
Tyler Durden's picture
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/05/2011 08:59 -0400

* BLS
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
* Unemployment

While we still await for BLS.gov to finally come back up online half an hour after printing the actual NFP number, here is the one data point that we know for a fact: the labor force participation rate, and the reason why the general unemployment rate declined to 9.1%, just dropped to 63.9%, the lowest in 16 years, or matches the participation rate from January 1984.

Question: What is the Labor Force Participation Rate?
Answer: The labor force participation rate is the percentage of working-age persons in an economy who:

* Are employed
* Are unemployed but looking for a job

Typically "working-age persons" is defined as people between the ages of 16-64. People in those age groups who are not counted as participating in the labor force are typically students, homemakers, and persons under the age of 64 who are retired. In the United States the labor force participation rate is usually around 67-68%.

A typical "good news, bad news" story. The BAD news is that an average of over 400,000 people every WEEK are filing for FIRST TIME unemployment benefits.

Businesses didn't "add" ANYTHING. Only to a leftist does adding 154,000 and subtracting 400,00 leave us with a "positive" number. Must be that "new math". :cuckoo::cuckoo:
As has already been pointed out, the 154,000 is NET and the UI claims are GROSS.

Then there is the FACT that the U.S. government employment/unemployment statistics don't take into account people who have exhausted their unemployment benefits and still haven't found a job,
That's not a fact, that's completely untrue. Try doing research.

Because they're not unemployed. Unemployed does NOT mean "does not have a job" but "is trying to get a job." Or are you going to count retirees and students as unemployed?

How are they UNemployed?

If they're trying to get a job, then they're unemployed.

If memory serves, and it does. Its summer time.
And the numbers are seasonally adjusted to account for that.

I bet the labor dept spent a long damn night cooking the books and the best they could come up with is a "revised" 9.1% instead of 9.2. Temporary government work like cutting grass on the highway might look like a jobs spike to radical Obamites and I guess it's the best we can do these days.
The 9.1% is not a revised number...the Unemployment data doesn't get revised. And government jobs declined.

Overall, a crappy report. The UE rate went down because both Employment (from the household survey) and Unemployment went down. Although really, none of the major changes in the household survey were statistically significant.

If they've given up using employment agencies so they drop off the stats. The labor force partipation rate is the lowest since July of 84, so that is the only way the unemployment rate went down.

The problem is this Administration tailors their numbers to suit their purposes.

Obama needs a good job report and he gets one. Good only if you're lying.

I remember Bush getting a hard time because the Dems claimed every new job was low paying entry-level. So I'm gonna assume the same.

Last edited:
I'll wait until next month to see the results. That's usually when we hear that "amazingly, unexpectedly" employment numbers were revised downward from the previous month.

Like this month when the previous 2 months were revised UPwards?

July was revised upward from 85k to 114k. May to June was revised downward from 157k to 145k. We need to be adding a lot more than 114k just to break even.

Dumpass?
Mame this man is the most powerful man in this world
his policies could create millions of jobs
you elected him, not me
I am very concerned about this stuff and I could care less who the president was

Dumpass?
Mame this man is the most powerful man in this world
his policies could create millions of jobs
you elected him, not me
I am very concerned about this stuff and I could care less who the president was

If we dont create about 150k jobs per month the unemployment rate will go higher. That is because we have a population that is entering the workforce.
So the numbers are not good at all. They are merely less bad.

Like this month when the previous 2 months were revised UPwards?

July was revised upward from 85k to 114k. May to June was revised downward from 157k to 145k. We need to be adding a lot more than 114k just to break even.

The April-May change was revised from +25k to +53k and the May-Jun change was revised from +18k to +46k. Employment revisions and sample collection rates technical notes

I think its hilarious that rightwinger is still posting his idiotic "more good news" threads for 2 years now and the economy is STILL in the shithole.

From 2009! -http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/84352-more-economic-good-news-unemployment-rate-drops.html

The unemployment rate is still the same, the debt is up $4.5+ TRILLION, and partisan hacks like rightwinger keep pretending like everything is turing around for the better.

One has to wonder if these fools are ever going to come to the realization that they are full of shit.

with respect
these are the numbers that will get BHO re-elected?

Who cares?

An economic recovery is good for the whole country, regardless of your political leanings

I do love that DC has managed to brainwash everyone into calling the economic collapse into a "recovery" despite at not a single point did things get better... Recovery now means "If things get worse slower under Obama it's good news and counts as a recovery."

I wonder how many people wish their health were described as the Obama Recovery... I'm definitely dying, just a bit slower... So I call it a recovery to make myself feel better... LOL.

Things did get better - and they still are. Just not at the pace folks would hope. income is now higher than when the recession began, several percentage points higher than the bottom of the contraction.

It's a tepid expansion, but it's an expansion.

When you start from the premise that black people can't lead, it's not hard to arrive at the conclusion that with a black person at the helm the economy will fail.

Then why is this admin instituting policies that reinforce that premise.

A town cant go to non partisan positions because blacks wont know how to vote.

You must lower standards because blacks are not doing well.

You must use race in college admission because blacks dont score well.

WHY?

I think its hilarious that rightwinger is still posting his idiotic "more good news" threads for 2 years now and the economy is STILL in the shithole.

From 2009! -http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/84352-more-economic-good-news-unemployment-rate-drops.html

The unemployment rate is still the same, the debt is up $4.5+ TRILLION, and partisan hacks like rightwinger keep pretending like everything is turing around for the better.

One has to wonder if these fools are ever going to come to the realization that they are full of shit.

You know RW....you cant deny he is right about this.

Everytime you see numbers that "appear" to be positive signs, you post it and talk about how things are looking up.

And I appreciate the optimism...I really do...

But you also respnd and hit back at those that say the numbers may look good, but they really arent...and you tell them they are wrong...oir you tell them they are pessimists...or that they refuse to accept good data...

But the truth is...with all of the "good data" that youhave touted over the past two years.....am I wrong to say the good data has actually proven to be nothing but "misleading"?

Maybe those that respond to your posts are right? The good data mean nothing?

When you start from the premise that black people can't lead, it's not hard to arrive at the conclusion that with a black person at the helm the economy will fail.

WHY?

What in the world are you talking about?

WHY?

Connecticut Fire Department exams for promotions.

WHY?

It was quite clear. Why is this admin reinforcing the premise? The examples were provided.

Spin away!!

race-card-obama-race-card-democrats-change-vote-election-aco-demotivational-poster-1225250947.jpg

Forum List

Back