Employee, acting for the county clerk's office, registering only Romney supporters

Every person out there registering voters works for one campaign or other. All of them. Around here, the tables are set up right next to one another with signs "Democrat" or "Republican". Just like registering voters for initiatives represent one side or another.

Every person out there registering voters works for one campaign or other. All of them. Around here, the tables are set up right next to one another with signs "Democrat" or "Republican". Just like registering voters for initiatives represent one side or another.

Actually, it's against the law in most states to ask what party someone supports while conducting a voter registration drive.

First I doubt the authentisity of the video but in the same context, what makes you belief Wayne Williams isn't lying to save his ass too?

The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder Wayne Williams disavowed the young woman's statements that she was registering voters on behalf of Williams' office. "The statement made in this video is both unfortunate and inaccurate," Williams said in a statement. "My office does not and will not engage in partisan voter registration. It is the duty of the Clerk’s office to ensure that elections are conducted in a fair and honest manner, this includes allowing any one to register to vote regardless of their political party affiliation."

Romney Campaign Volunteer Says She Works For Clerk's Office, But Only Registering Romney Voters (VIDEO)

First I doubt the authentisity of the video but in the same context, what makes you belief Wayne Williams isn't lying to save his ass too?

The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder Wayne Williams disavowed the young woman's statements that she was registering voters on behalf of Williams' office. "The statement made in this video is both unfortunate and inaccurate," Williams said in a statement. "My office does not and will not engage in partisan voter registration. It is the duty of the Clerk’s office to ensure that elections are conducted in a fair and honest manner, this includes allowing any one to register to vote regardless of their political party affiliation."

Romney Campaign Volunteer Says She Works For Clerk's Office, But Only Registering Romney Voters (VIDEO)

It can easily be verified whether the girl was an employee of the County.

That was my impression. It looked very contrived to me. I live in the (probably forlorn) hope that, one day, people will critically evaluate information provided from whatever sources they use.

Do you think anyone's gonna actually do that? And if so, would it come out into the public domain? And if it did, would anyone pay attention? These days, people are just not logical.

Oh my God a young female.....working for the pro life partyl...WTH??????
So do they normally tape people at these?
And was that really a member of the county clerks office?

i would think if she held herself out as working for the county, that it would not be surprising that someone

the question is... is she an employee of the county working on her own time... which is fine, i'd guess.

or... is she purporting to act on behalf of the county?

that would be a no no...

Actually, it's against the law in most states to ask what party someone supports while conducting a voter registration drive.

Now that you bring it up. No one does ask! The tables are simply there, with their little signs. Presumably there is nothing stopping someone from going up to a democrat table and registering as a republican or vice versa!

It doesn't change the fact that voter registration workers do not work for the county. As this girl didn't work for the county. Voter registration workers work for one side or the other.

Do you think anyone's gonna actually do that? And if so, would it come out into the public domain? And if it did, would anyone pay attention? These days, people are just not logical.

I bet it's already been done. And if she was found to be an employee, we would have heard about it.

County employee records are not sealed, they are in fact public records. All it takes is a FOIA request.

El Paso County, Colorado employee, acting for the county clerk's office, registering only Romney supporters outside of a Safeway

Safeway voter registration 1 - YouTube

Rmoney is at it again.

:eek: Using dem tactics.............:lmao:

Voter suppression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Examples of voter suppression in the United States
2002 New Hampshire Senate election phone jamming scandal

In the 2002 New Hampshire Senate election phone jamming scandal, Republican officials attempted to reduce the number of Democratic voters by paying professional telemarketers in Idaho to make repeated hang-up calls to the telephone numbers used by the Democratic Party's ride-to-the-polls phone lines on election day. By tying up the lines, voters seeking rides from the Democratic Party would have more difficulty reaching the party to ask for transportation to and from their polling places.[23][24]
2004 presidential election

In the U.S. presidential election of 2004, Republican voters got phone calls with false information intended to keep them from voting—saying that their voting place had been changed or that voting would take place on Wednesday as well as on Tuesday. Voters who believed this misinformation would go to the wrong polling place, or worse, not attempt to vote until after the election had ended.[25]

Other allegations surfaced in several states that the group called Voters Outreach of America had collected and submitted Republican voter registration forms while inappropriately discarding voter registration forms where the new voter had chosen to register with the Democratic Party. Such people would believe they had registered to vote, and would only discover on election day that they were not registered and could not cast a ballot.[26][27][28][29]

Michigan Republican state legislator John Pappageorge was quoted as saying, "If we do not suppress the Detroit vote, we're going to have a tough time in this election.".[30]

In 2006, four employees of the John Kerry campaign were convicted of slashing the tires of 25 vans rented by the Wisconsin state Republican Party which were to be used for driving Republican monitors to the polls. At the campaign workers' sentencing, Judge Michael B. Brennan told the defendants, "Voter suppression has no place in our country. Your crime took away that right to vote for some citizens."[31][32]
2006 Virginia Senate election

During the United States Senate election in Virginia, 2006, Secretary of the Virginia State Board of Elections Jean Jensen concluded that incidents of voter suppression appeared widespread and deliberate. Documented incidents of voter suppression include:[33]

Democratic voters receiving calls incorrectly informing them voting will lead to arrest.
Widespread calls fraudulently claiming to be "[Democratic Senate candidate Jim] Webb Volunteers," falsely telling voters their voting location had changed.
Fliers paid for by the Republican Party, stating "SKIP THIS ELECTION" that allegedly attempted to suppress African-American turnout.

The FBI has since launched an investigation into the suppression attempts.[34] Despite the allegations, Democrat Jim Webb narrowly defeated incumbent George Allen.
2008 presidential election

A review of states' records by The New York Times found unlawful actions leading to widespread voter purges.[35]

A dispute between the Social Security Administration commissioner and the National Association of Secretaries of State about the use of the Social Security database to test the validity of voters led to the shutdown of the database over the Columbus Day holiday weekend.[36]
Georgia

Wait times of between 2 and 10 hours were reported during early voting at multiple Georgia locations[37]
Michigan

Prior to the 2008 United States Presidential Election, on September 16, 2008, Obama legal counsel announced that they would be seeking an injunction to stop an alleged caging scheme in Michigan wherein the state Republican party would use home foreclosure lists to challenge voters still using their foreclosed home as a primary address at the polls.[38] Michigan GOP officials called the suit "desperate."[39] A Federal Appeals court ordered the reinstatement of 5,500 voters wrongly purged from the voter rolls by the State:[37]
Minnesota

The conservative nonprofit Minnesota Majority has been reported as making phone calls claiming that the Minnesota Secretary of State had concerns about the validity of the voters registration. Their actions have been referred to the Ramsey County attorney's office and the U.S. Attorney are looking into Johnson's complaint. [40]
Montana

On October 5, 2008 the Republican Lt. Governor of Montana, John Bohlinger, accused the Montana Republican Party of vote caging to purge 6,000 voters from three counties which trend Democratic. These purges included decorated war veterans and active duty soldiers.[22]
Ohio

Wait times of six hours were reported for early voting in Franklin County leading to people leaving the line without voting.[37]
Wisconsin

The Republican Party attempted to have all 60,000 voters in the heavily Democratic city of Milwaukee who had registered since 1/1/2006 deleted from the voter rolls. The requests were rejected by the Milwaukee Election Commission with Republican commissioner Bob Spindell voting in favor of deletion."[41]
2010 Maryland gubernatorial election

In the Maryland gubernatorial election in 2010, the campaign of Republican candidate Bob Ehrlich hired a consultant who advised that "the first and most desired outcome is voter suppression", in the form of having "African-American voters stay home."[42] To that end, the Republicans placed thousands of Election Day robocalls to Democratic voters, telling them that the Democratic candidate, Martin O'Malley, had won, although in fact the polls were still open for some two more hours.[43] The Republicans' call, worded to seem as if it came from Democrats, told the voters, "Relax. Everything's fine. The only thing left is to watch it on TV tonight."[42] The calls reached 112,000 voters in majority-African American areas.[43] In 2011, Ehrlich's campaign manager, Paul Schurick, was convicted of fraud and other charges because of the calls.[42][43] In 2012, he was sentenced to 30 days of home detention, a one-year suspended jail sentence, and 500 hours of community service over the four years of his probation, with no fine or jail time.[44]

:fu:

Last edited:
That is not the point. Is one more trustworthy than the other?

A strange statement coming from someone that doesn't want to believe the the President.
:eusa_shifty:

That is not the point. Is one more trustworthy than the other?

I'd believe a County clerk over a biased reporter any day.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt quite a few times. But he's always shown himself to be less than truthful.

I will not believe anyone that has proven themselves to be a liar as Obama has done.

Not true. Registrars do drives as well. Doesn't matter. Anyone registering voters are required to provide a form to ANYONE asking for one.

This pisses me off - and I would be just as pissed if Democrats did such a dirty un-American trick.
Were you pissed when the Black panthers stood infront of the voting station in Philly with billy clubs..

I would be if a single voter reported that they were prevented from voting or had come forward and said they had been intimidated by them. None have.

Forum List

Back