Emperor: Conquest of Dune

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
An older game, but I recently threw it onto my computer just to check it out for old time's sake. (and Rise of Nations was annoying me)

Really one of the better RTS's I've played. The story line is interesting with cut scenes and character actors and the overworld map used to select your next battle is novel if not largely pointless.

Good variety of units and buildings. The good old spice harvesting resource is present, as in all the previous Dune RTS's.

In addition to being the same three Houses, Atreides, Harkonnen, and Ordos, you can also enlist the help of other parties such as Fremen warriors native to Arrakis, the Tleilaxu, the IX, the Guild, and (my personal favourite) the Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV's elite Sardaukar commandos (they have incredibly destructive lasers, and if enemies get too close they pull out their knives).

I went through it with both the Atreides and Harkonnen, but never completed the Ordos campaign. Perhaps now I will.

and (my personal favourite) the Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV's elite Sardaukar commandos (they have incredibly destructive lasers, and if enemies get too close they pull out their knives).

I know....thank you :D

I'll try to bought it.
I had Dune II - Battle for Arrakis, but....not fantastic. only Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos.
(don't jnow where they take the Ordos...they are not in the Dune Cycle.)

You said there are Ix, Space Guild, Bene Tleilax ? that's good ! I 'm curious to see how they are.
Could the Tleilaxu change of shape ? of appearance ? like in the book ?
Have the Ix's troops an incredible technologie ?

Adn the Fremen ? are they best than the Sardaukars ? with knives I mean.

THank to answer ;)

There are two different modes in the game: Campaign and Quick-Battle

In Quick-Battle you select one of the Houses Major and can select up to two different factions to assist you.

In the Campaign you decide which faction you want and accomplish missions, or additional mission objectives to win their aid. For instance, to get the Sarduakar I had to prove I was worthy of their help by utterly annhilating a superior force.

When you have a faction's assistance it allows you to build an additional structure on your base, i.e. fremen camp, Sardaukar barracks, et cetera.

The Fremen camp builds normal fremen with the sonic weapon, and also Feydakin who can summon worms to ride. I've never really been able to use the wormriders effectively (they are cumbersome and slow), but I would imagine they would be devastating against massed infantry. Fremen are always cloaked when they don't move.

Sarduakar barracks builds Sardaukar and Sardaukar Elites (laser)

The Tleilaxu build crazy contraptions that can infect enemy units and turn them into allied units. And something else.

I forget what IX does for you, and I think the Guild allows you to buy units cheaper and they arrive more quickly. (you can always buy units in lieu of building them once you build a starport for guildships to land on).

I generally just use Fremen and Sardaukar so I've forgoten the details of what the other factions offer.

Not sure which are better in a straight out knife fight. Units receive upgrades/promotions from kills.

Excuse me, I ask you again about it : I searched on Google, but no "conquest of Dune". only Emperor : battle for Dune. It is certainly the same game. But they didn't speak of Ix, Tleilax, Sardaukars....so....I have doubts....O don't know if it is the same.

I have that game, too. Here's the breakdown of the side factions.

Fremen - Basic Fremen are snipers. They have projectile firearms and turn invisible when not moving. The upgrade are the elite Feydakin. They have knives (kills in one hit) and those stupid "wierding modules" from the 80's movie (I know, I hate those things, too). They can, however, summon and ride worms.

Sardukar - The basic Sardukar trooper has a machine gun and can take down multiple enemies at once. The Sardukar Elite carry lasguns (watch out around Ordos units, as some of them have shield and when a lasgun is shot at a shield, both explode), and pull out knives in close combat (kills in one hit).

Tleilaxu - They have two units, one is a melee infantry that's like Frankenstein's monster in appearance. One hit and any infantry unit dies and respawns as one of those things on your side. The other is a large, spiderlike creatured that throws spores at enemy vehicles. When a vehicle dies with spores on it, it turns into one of them, but they can be shot off. They do have facedancers, but you only see them in the cinematics.

Ix - High tech stuff. I can't remember the units, but yeah, they provide the sleek stuff.

Forum List

Back