Emp Against N. Korea

emoat

Rookie
Apr 27, 2019
im opening a new thread (I hope) about the use of emp (electro-magnetic pulse) warfare against n. korea.. I hope to keep the discussion simple, as I know only the essentials about the weapon and what it can do.. im not suggesting action on an immediate level; I just want to say I believe this can be a formidable weapon against a formidable enemy.. it can bring immediate and total dissolution of n. korea's weaponry, communications, and societal functions.. the physical damage, other than nullification of all electrical components, should be minimal.. I have not seen a detonation of an emp, nor the aftereffects.. I would want to hear members' descriptions of emp activity: the pros and the cons.. if there are photos, I would hope to see them posted here.. I believe the global impact of an emp explosion would not only bring n. korea to its knees, but would demonstrate to the world that, while the u.s. is serious about dealing with viable threats against us and our allies, the measures taken need not necessarily include death on conventional or nuclear scales.. we don't want to annihilate anyone or destroy their culture, society, people or the ability to engage in peaceful world relations and trade.. we just want to knock off the threats, mass murder torture, starvation, political incarceration and gratuitous shows of force.. I believe that, long-term, demonstrations of emp devices and distribution of videos of such demonstrations world-wide would drastically reduce the violence we have come to expect from our "garden-variety" terrorists and dictators.. even better, emp devices that would impact a small area for "localized" targeting should be very impressive, as good as the "surgical strike" bombs used against Iraq in the 90s.. I believe that, long-term, emp devices would be effective against small areas of terroristic and dictatorial govts. by targeting only their command and control headquarters.. against n. korea, emp devices would target the premier's palace, his military hq, his missile launchers and manned forces of infantry and armored units.. seagoing warships would be targeted, nullifying any threats from the sea..

advance notice of impending emp action against n. korea would offered to s. korea's president and chief military leader.. they would have a few days' notice and be told not to reveal anything to anyone else, or the plan would inevitably fail.. there is a possibility that the aftereffects of an emp detonation might "bleed over" the border and impact areas of s. korea's infrastructure.. the u.s. would immediately repair and replace any affected components, free-of-charge.. as for n. korea, we, the u.s. and our allies would engage with their country in similar fashion: repair and make the country better than it was.. what I would hope is that, kim jong un would be so struck by the impact of an emp detonation that he would quietly walk to his bathroom and slit his throat.. to attempt to communicate with his military and seeing his country totally flattened, as far as electrical usage is concerned, would be a total wash-out; nothing working, total darkness, everything nullified.. he couldn't phone anyone, give orders by radio or even use morse code, if his people understood morse code.. faced with total isolation militarily and even with his immediate staff, he would have to know he was completely without a military force to fight with, or any means to give orders to attack.. I would want to hear views of those who agree and disagree.. if an emp detonation might be a good idea, when would be a good time to schedule it? how could we prepare ourselves and our friends to expect it?

I thought Trump and Kim were in love with each other, and Trump had solved the N Korean problem. That's what he said, anyway. What happened? Lover's spat, or was Trump's claim just bullshit like everything else he says? Is he still saying he should get a Nobel Peace Prize for solving the N Korean problem?

Whats the point?
map2_brightlights.png

o.k., that's is probably a photo of n. korea at night.. its all dark due to the lack of electrical resources.. is that all, or am I missing something? a caption explaining what I should appreciate would help, but I could be wrong!

o.k., that's is probably a photo of n. korea at night.. its all dark due to the lack of electrical resources.. is that all, or am I missing something? a caption explaining what I should appreciate would help, but I could be wrong!

LOL....you could use an EMP the size of a golf ball over PyongYang and shut the whole country down.
Of course the rest of N. Korea wouldnt even notice and would continue with their daily lives.

LOL....you could use an EMP the size of a golf ball over PyongYang and shut the whole country down.
Of course the rest of N. Korea wouldnt even notice and would continue with their daily lives.

That was kind of my thought. While it would help end any war quicker, how much of N Korea's military is mechanical without electronics. I'm not sure it would have any effect on all the artillery pointed at Seoul.

And a big question would be how much of North Korea is heated through electricity. In winter that could have a much higher casualty count of civilians.

And I'm not sure how hardened their nuclear weapons are, and while I wouldn't put it past them to use them even in a conventional war, would that attack be something they'd use to justify using them.

One last thought is that if Kim was deposed in the war and another top leader called for a ceasefire, how would that information get out to the military?

That was kind of my thought. While it would help end any war quicker, how much of N Korea's military is mechanical without electronics. I'm not sure it would have any effect on all the artillery pointed at Seoul.

And a big question would be how much of North Korea is heated through electricity. In winter that could have a much higher casualty count of civilians.

And I'm not sure how hardened their nuclear weapons are, and while I wouldn't put it past them to use them even in a conventional war, would that attack be something they'd use to justify using them.

One last thought is that if Kim was deposed in the war and another top leader called for a ceasefire, how would that information get out to the military?

You put way to much thought into this.
Heating in the winter? You mean the peasants heating their huts with cow dung?

You put way to much thought into this.
Heating in the winter? You mean the peasants heating their huts with cow dung?

I was just throwing out thoughts. While I can see that in the rural areas I'm not sure if Pyongyang uses electricity for heat or mostly gas. Looks like a lot of hydro power.

Here's an interesting article.

How North Korea keeps warm in winter

Looks like thermoelectric powerplants heat water in the floors is a big one which would get knocked out. Just would be something to think about that if the war ended quickly, there would be a lot of North Korean civilians at risk of freezing to death.

Just when N.K. seems to be emerging from the dark ages and is willing to negotiate you want to punish an entire country that is already hurting from a criminal regime?

Just when N.K. seems to be emerging from the dark ages and is willing to negotiate you want to punish an entire country that is already hurting from a criminal regime?

Not much emerging I am seeing. 2017 was more missile tests than ever to get their nuclear weapons in place and getting re-listed as a state sponsor of terrorism by the US. Still no change to their forced abortions, forced sexual slavery, food shortages, slaughter and "disappearing" of people, labor camps, etc...

It's why I said that a response should be ready for those oppressed people under the brutal regime of Kim and his leaders he has in place.

From what I've seen a lot of their stuff looks like cold war era equipment. North Korea is probably more capable of fighting a war after an EMP than we are.

When did that happen ? They are pretty much the same as when I was on the Korean peninsula in 2000.

Forum List

Back