Emiratis Want Dress Code For Tourists

Basically, the West has no dress codes or apparel standards.

So women from the Middle East can wear their burqa's, hijab, niqab, and other exotic clothing in our country.

Remember, it's all about personal liberty, and Freedom of expression, and all of that jazz. :cool:

It is entirely senseless to imagine that when women from the middle east come here, they will adopt our standards or lack thereof. Be happy that they can FINALLY show their ass!

Oh sometimes I just can't believe how stupid we are.

Its not really that simple though, the women from Lebanon and Turkey that go out on the town during the weekend dress no differently than American women from Las Vegas or Miami for example, I have even seen some of them with tramp stamps. Some Muslim women that come to the US stick with their customs however some do come over to the dark side with us, I hooked up with an Iranian woman when I was in the Military in California.

What is wrong with a dress code? If you are visiting another country that is more conservative when it comes to clothing, then you should respect that culture and cover up. Parading around half naked shows a lack of respect for that country and its people.

That lady in your avatar needs to cover up, its offending me.
Ha ha ha! Good one.

What is wrong with a dress code? If you are visiting another country that is more conservative when it comes to clothing, then you should respect that culture and cover up. Parading around half naked shows a lack of respect for that country and its people.

That lady in your avatar needs to cover up, its offending me.
Ha ha ha! Good one.

The nerve of some people leaving the house without their hair covered, next she will be asking to drive a car or get a job.:mad:

I don't give a shit what the hoi polloi do in their own country.
I have no plans on visiting the Middle East in my life time as there is absolutely nothing there I wish to see.

sahara-desert-sand-dunes.jpg

Now you've seen it.

This trolling chimp is predictable to the point of hilarity; idiot fucking moron, does this mean that in the West then we can deport all muslims who do not conform to Western culture/styles of dress, etc.?

I agree with Sunni Man, and calling him a moron for holding a different opinion is out of line, not to mention disrespectful.

Every country has different culture. In America, you have more freedoms. I don't think these women want foreigners to cover up entirely, just to dress a little more modestly, and there is nothing at all wrong with that.

If we can tell them to "wear less" when they come here, I would agree. Islam is DISRESPECTFUL to every other culture, and then play the victim when someone points out how wrong they are. Yes, it is a different culture, but as long as we (taxpayers) are paying BAM for the defense of "their way of life" (culture), it should not be imposed on American citizens. It amazes me that the same people that want Christians to be "silenced" for stating their "opinions" wants to give islamists power over the entire world thru appeasement.

Well here we go again, Sharia law here we come.

r-UAE-DRESS-CODE-large570.jpg

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- With the number of foreigners dwarfing that of locals in her hometown of Abu Dhabi, Asma al-Muhairi has become increasingly anxious at the prospect of her younger nieces abandoning their full-length black robes in favor of Western attire that seems to be everywhere she goes.

But it wasn't until the 23-year-old marketing worker came face to face with two scantily-clad female foreigners at one of the many luxury shopping malls in the United Arab Emirates that she decided to take action.

"While going to a mall, I saw two ladies wearing ... I can't say even shorts. It was underwear," said al-Muhairi, whose black abaya – a long garment worn by conservative Gulf women – is offset by a gold Versace watch and egg-shell blue handbag.

"Really, they were not shorts," she said. "I was standing and thinking: `Why is this continuing? Why is it in the mall? I see families. I see kids around.'"

Failing to persuade the mall to intervene, al-Muhairi and another Emirati woman, Hanan al-Rayes, took to Twitter to air their concerns in May.

They were inundated with responses that prompted them to launch a Twitter campaign dubbed (at)UAEDressCode that aims to explore ways to combat the growing number of shoppers in low-cut dresses and hot pants.

As the campaign picked up steam, it also has served to symbolize the growing concerns among Emiratis, a tiny minority in their own country.

Emirati citizens account for a little more than 10 percent of the 8 million people living in the Gulf nation. Most of the population is made up of Asian, African and Middle Eastern guest workers, as well as Western expatriates living here temporarily.

The overall population more than doubled over the past decade as the country embarked on a building boom that transformed Dubai, up the coast from Abu Dhabi, into the Arabian Gulf's financial hub and a popular tourist draw.

"I think in an increasingly tumultuous region and in an era of powerful and often intrusive globalizing forces, citizens of the UAE are increasingly concerned that their traditions and core values are being eroded," said Christopher Davidson, an expert on Gulf affairs at Britain's Durham University.

"In some senses, it is a grassroots reaction to authorities and leaders that have for many years done little to check this erosion," he added. "We've seen reactions to alcohol, so now we are seeing a reaction to immodest dress."

Huffpo? Ohh come on now!

If we can tell them to "wear less" when they come here, I would agree. Islam is DISRESPECTFUL to every other culture, and then play the victim when someone points out how wrong they are. Yes, it is a different culture, but as long as we (taxpayers) are paying BAM for the defense of "their way of life" (culture), it should not be imposed on American citizens. It amazes me that the same people that want Christians to be "silenced" for stating their "opinions" wants to give islamists power over the entire world thru appeasement.
Tissue?? :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
With the number of foreigners dwarfing that of locals in her hometown of Abu Dhabi,
It is their country and they can set their rules. However, if they want the number of tourist to continue to flock to the malls in Abu Dhabi, they might want to reconsider their dress code.

Forum List

Back