Eminem threatens president?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Well, I'm glad things are going so well in Iraq and here that this is what the Secret Service is devoting their time to!

Eminem could find himself the subject of a Secret Service investigation if a lyric from one of his songs is construed to be a threat against President George W. Bush.

In his song "We As Americans," Eminem rhymes, "F--- money/ I don't rap for dead presidents/ I'd rather see the president dead/ It's never been said, but I set precedents."

"We As Americans" is one of the songs leaked online last week that Eminem's spokespeople said were unfinished tracks not intended for public release. His reps could not confirm when the track in question was recorded. However, elsewhere in the song, Eminem references the release of 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin', which occurred in the last year.

A person in the Secret Service Office of Public Affairs confirmed that they were aware of the song and were looking into the matter. John Gill, the official spokesperson for the Secret Service, was not immediately available for further comment.

Even though Eminem doesn't mention Bush or the president of the United States specifically, it is standard procedure for the Secret Service to investigate anything that might be considered a threat against the president.

I dunno, I think it's pretty silly. My guess is you guys won't.

And I for one, certainly think they should go after him. Who in hell do these people think they are with lyrics like that. Try walking into the local police station singing "one little, two little, three little piggies" and see how fast your ass gets arrested. This is to be construed as a terroristic threat as far as I'm concerned - and furthermore - Eminem is a jerk.

Yeah, it's silly that the dope would even write such a thing. Look what happened when Madonna came out with that one song and video against the president and war! never released or atleast the video was never to come out again! I saw it and thought it was horrible and cold!

Eminem crossed the line and now he will find out what Bad boy really means. how could he be so stupid. there is no hiding behind freedom of speech on this. MJ and a judge busted for kiddie groping and now this. As bill goldberg says"Who's next!"

It's my guess Eminem doesn't believe most of the crap he raps about, he is just trying to sell records. The sad thing is, it may be influental to some impressionable youth that do not have much guideness in their lives.

Forum List

Back