"EMERGENCY" Stimulus Passes on Friday.... Obama signs it 4 days later????

We are informed that things are so bad that failure to pass this legislation will be disasterous for the economy

That might be true.

But that suggests that we also do not REALLY know how bad things really are, too, doesn't it?

Now if you ask the question: Are our banks insolvent?

Their answer is "NO, don't be concerned...you are protected by FDIC."

That's not really very comforting. That means that banks are depending on the taxpayers to recover the taxpayers money from banks which really can't cover the deposits, doesn't it?

So things are either VERY BAD, and this bailout is their best plan to fix it the mess that they've made of our economy..

OR..

Things are not so very bad, and this bailout is just an excuse to make some insiders very wealthy.

Personally, given the fact that BUSH II was persuaded to change the game of supply side capitalism to the game of Kensyian capitalism, I SUSPECT that the economy is in fact, much more untenable than we're being lead to believe.

The government is up on a titerope.

On one hand it doesn't want to create a panic, but on the other it needs to convince us to spend a couple TRILLION dollars to keep the system going.

You cannot have it both ways.

Things are either so bad that they've got to change the rules, or they're not.

And if we're about the business of changing the rules, then by all means let's ALSO change the fundamentals which caused this failure of our system to begin with.

But they don't WANT to change THOSE fundamentals, because those fundamentals are what make the stupidly wealthy elites so stupidly wealthy to begin with.

Basically they went from merely extremely wealthy to obscenely wealthy by abandoning the working class and investing in industrial growth in other nations.

NOW, thanks to that stupid move, the American people are too broke to keep the consumer drven economy going.

It isn't like we weren't warned this would inevitably happen, ya' know. Remember: "That great sucking sound" ?

And yet I still hear nothing about changing that fundamental flaws in our systemwhich gave capital every advantage at the expense of the working classes.

And if you look at who is getting the lions share of this bailout money, we see it going to whom?

To CAPITAL, of course.

Per usual, I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
editec, you are right.

Look who is getting bailed out.....the bankers.

Millions of homeowners are going into foreclosure and nothing is going to help them, yet.

That's almost as bad as Bush taking 3 days to react to Katrina.:cuckoo:

If he signed a bill on Saturday or Sunday.........................

More anti meaningless drivel from the K.:lol:

B.S.

As to transparency. If you can't read the bill or have it summarized for you in two weeks......How many times did the right just push a bill through when they were in charge and say fuck you dems?

Fucking hypocrisy from the losing right.

B.S.

As to transparency. If you can't read the bill or have it summarized for you in two weeks......How many times did the right just push a bill through when they were in charge and say fuck you dems?

Fucking hypocrisy from the losing right.

So you think it's ok for Democrats to pass a bill costing us nearly $800 billion with absolutely no chance to actually read it, so long as they do it in response to Republicans having done something similar?

I personally feel that if you don't have the time to read a bill entirely then it is your obligation to vote "No," whether you're a Democrat or a Republican. And I certainly don't want anyone playing party politics when it comes to nearly $800 billion.

I was wondering about this over the weekend. Obama stated that it was imperative that we get this bill passed immediately. Now we wants to take 4 or 5 days before he signs it.

I really want this stimulus plan to work. I hope it fixes our economy. But if you don't think Congress shouldn't have had more time to understand what exactly is in this bill, then you are not sane (no offense). Passing it 2 weeks later would do much less damage than if this thing doesn't work.

That's almost as bad as Bush taking 3 days to react to Katrina.:cuckoo:

If he signed a bill on Saturday or Sunday.........................

More anti meaningless drivel from the K.:lol:

Damn GW. He should have been there filling sand bags to keep the levies from breaking. I'm so sick of hearing how Katrina was his fault. If you want to argue that he hired a moron to run FEMA and that they could have done more, you have a legitimate point. Whether GW was on the ground the day after or three days after makes no damn difference except as to perception.

same ole rayboy... just go spouting off at the mouth without providing any backup.... lol by the way bush wasn't trying to scare anyone into signing any bill regarding katrina... big difference... sorry you are not bright enough to see that.... do you even think about what you are saying before you type???? you are now officially in the jillian and booboo category...congrats.

By the way what are the odds that he has read the bill during his 3 day vacation??????

I was wondering about this over the weekend. Obama stated that it was imperative that we get this bill passed immediately. Now we wants to take 4 or 5 days before he signs it.

I really want this stimulus plan to work. I hope it fixes our economy. But if you don't think Congress shouldn't have had more time to understand what exactly is in this bill, then you are not sane (no offense). Passing it 2 weeks later would do much less damage than if this thing doesn't work.

I'm right behind you in the hope that it works.

One side will say it did, one that it didn't.

But how about a checklist that would give us a date certain, and an objective measure of the effectiveness?

Or would that defeat the purpose of having political parties.

By the way what are the odds that he has read the bill during his 3 day vacation??????

The idea is to have the tax and spend liberals at the top, pelosi, reid, to give carte blanche to their liberal constituents to spend as much money as they possibly can on whatever the hell they want, and then throw the whole thing together and get it passed and signed by hussein before anyone has a chance to know what's in it.

That is EXACTLY what happened.

There is NOTHING "transparent" about it, other than the fact that it's NOT! Obama is a liar and a fraud.

Last edited:
this might work for you....

House Stimulus Bill (FULL TEXT) UPDATED

i have to ask here, why does everyone think that throwing $$$$ at a $$$$ problem will help?

i know that might seem simplistic, but wouldn't addressing the root of the problem be more fruitful, than buying time with our kids $$$$?

oh and btw~ even some of the moderate conservatives are signing onto short term nationalization , which i understand the Obama (because it could read Oh-Bummer) administration is keeping as a last ditch deal....

BANKS OF AMERICA - New York Post

how bad are things F'd up? well i've never heard about troops being stationed here to 'watch' the public before, have you?

what? you guys didnt hear?
things are much worse than they thought they were, so now they have to do much more of the dumb things bush did to try and make it better

:cuckoo:

I agree with PR, he wanted to rush this through so that it could not be read and debated on. This is a scam that will cost a great deal of national treasure.

From what Rod heard today at the meeting. When the full package was delivered to the senators offices it contained 1,200 lbs of paper. There is no way they could have read it all before it was voted on.

From what Rod heard today at the meeting. When the full package was delivered to the senators offices it contained 1,200 lbs of paper. There is no way they could have read it all before it was voted on.
that would be 1200 PAGES not lbs
;)

Forum List

Back