Emergency Stay Issued For Terry Schaivo

This is almost enough to make me weep.

A mother and father have to watch, helpless, as their son in law, WHO HAS ANOTHER GIRLFRIEND AND STANDS TO MAKE LOADS OF $$$$$$$, kills their own daughter by starving her to death. And no courts have the guts to say the woman should not be murdered. You know, maybe she DID say she wanted to die in this case. But nobody knows that for sure since it isn't written down. Now doesn't it make sense to choose the safe option and assume she doesn't want to be killed?

theim said:
as their son in law, WHO HAS ANOTHER GIRLFRIEND AND STANDS TO MAKE LOADS OF $$$$$$$,

1) He said he will donate any off the remaining money to charity.

2) There is very little money left from the settlement.

A

CivilLiberty said:

A
Hey---now THERE's a couple of good reasons to starve her to death----we could call it partial life euthanasia !

CivilLiberty said:

A

He said he'd spend the settlement money taking care of her, too, but he didn't. He spent half the settlement mony hiring this lawyer to try to kill her.

Fact: He didn't ever bring up "her wishes" until after he met this pro-euthenasia lawyer in 1997, 7 years after she went into a coma.

Personally, I think he's hiding something. I think he beat her half to death and he's trying to cover it up. He might even have done something worse. I hope she comes out of it right before he pulls the tube and sings like a canary. This is nothing better than a contract killing through the legal system.

This would set a horrible precedent for Florida. If food is defined as life support, any doped up crack mother who starves her kids could get a lawyer to argue all she did was remove life support.

Hobbit said:
He said he'd spend the settlement money taking care of her, too, but he didn't. He spent half the settlement mony hiring this lawyer to try to kill her.

Fact: He didn't ever bring up "her wishes" until after he met this pro-euthenasia lawyer in 1997, 7 years after she went into a coma.

Personally, I think he's hiding something. I think he beat her half to death and he's trying to cover it up. He might even have done something worse. I hope she comes out of it right before he pulls the tube and sings like a canary. This is nothing better than a contract killing through the legal system.

This would set a horrible precedent for Florida. If food is defined as life support, any doped up crack mother who starves her kids could get a lawyer to argue all she did was remove life support.

19 doctors and 6 courts didn't find this. Despite the efforts of Terry's parent's, and THEIR legal intervention, THEY have not been able to prove their side of the case.

For you and I, it is pure speculation, and I choose not to speculate based on the hysterics of the parents.

A

CivilLiberty said:
19 doctors and 6 courts didn't find this. Despite the efforts of Terry's parent's, and THEIR legal intervention, THEY have not been able to prove their side of the case.

For you and I, it is pure speculation, and I choose not to speculate based on the hysterics of the parents.

A

Since she did not leave expressed written requests in order to have her life ended, we must make an error to the side of life IMO. The courts should not have the right to decide whether this person lives or dies, nor does her husband, family, doctor, etc. She is the only person who could make such a decision with any validity, since that choice is beyond her now there can be no reasonable way we can have her express her wishes in this matter. I for one am unwilling to make such a choice off of the wishes of the Husband or the hysterics of her family.

New Topics

Forum List

Back