Emergency Funding Bill Full of Pork!!!

Let's take a look at some of the items in the Energency Funding Bill:

Obscene isn't it????

See the White House Press Release

What's obscene is that this type of pork in politics has always been around and nobody ever makes a peep about it until Republicans decide to politicize this war spending bill.

Republicans have been the kings of special interest and pork. They've no right to selectively start with the moral outrage now!

What's obscene is that this type of pork in politics has always been around and nobody ever makes a peep about it until Republicans decide to politicize this war spending bill.

Republicans have been the kings of special interest and pork. They've no right to selectively start with the moral outrage now!

Hmmm, seems that Jillian and others have heard of the 'bridge to nowhere'. I joined Porkbusters over that. Seems I remember years ago stories on toilet seats in the thousands of dollars and hundreds for screws like I can pick up at Ace.

Agriculture has always been receiving more than a fair share of $$$, including not to grow foods, dump milk, throw away cheese.

You never heard of any of these?

Hmmm, seems that Jillian and others have heard of the 'bridge to nowhere'. I joined Porkbusters over that. Seems I remember years ago stories on toilet seats in the thousands of dollars and hundreds for screws like I can pick up at Ace.

Agriculture has always been receiving more than a fair share of $$$, including not to grow foods, dump milk, throw away cheese.

Discarding perfectly good cheese? That really is awful.

Exactly!

I'm all for a constitutional ammendment outlawing pork spending. If a bill can't float on its own then so be it. I think the constitutional framers intended Congressional legislation to be pure. I don't know at what point in our history pork spending became the norm.

But while we're at it we need to address the issue of special interest lobbying and campaign contributions. Isn't that something that Republicans have always resisted?

BTW Kathianne...you're hair looks marvelous today!

How bout a rep or two?:bowdown:

Why obscene? It's not like the bridge to nowhere or Stevens' new ferry project.

Additional items are added to budget bills all the time.

What's obscene about it is the pork was used to bribe members of Congress to vote for the slow bleed legislation designed to make it next to impossible for our troops to fight to win the war we are in resulting in more troop casualties to turn public opinion further against the war.

Makes me wonder how Democrats honestly think they can balance the budget while having the leadership shell out billions in pork to make their constitutents vote their way.

Pork is obscene regardless of the party affiliation. And I don't see how Republicans have policiticized the war spending bill when its the Democrats who are manuvering to usurp the President's Commander-In-Chief authority and trying to bribe members with pork to pass their "slow bleed" bill.

Did I fail to mention that this was what was in the 2006 Emergency Spending Bill? (Short answer, "kinda, the link points to the 2006 announcement by President Bush"). You know, the one passed by the Republican controlled House and Senate and signed by the President?

Where was all the neo-con outrage then?

You know why they're making a big deal out of this troop funding bill? To try and distract us from their firing of U.S. Attorneys.

WAG THE DOG!!! WAG THE DOG!!!!

What's obscene about it is the pork was used to bribe members of Congress to vote for the slow bleed legislation designed to make it next to impossible for our troops to fight to win the war we are in resulting in more troop casualties to turn public opinion further against the war.

Makes me wonder how Democrats honestly think they can balance the budget while having the leadership shell out billions in pork to make their constitutents vote their way.

Hey, Avatar... what I posted was the 2006 Emergency Spending Bill information that President Bush signed after a Republican-led Congress passed those items.

Would you like your crow medium rare or well done?

Funny how this thread died once I showed that these were items from the 2006 emergency funding bill.

Also... did anyone notice that the Emergency Funding Bill for 2006 wasn't passed until MID-JUNE????

Where was President Bush with his Chicken Little press speeches last year?

All the concern about pork in this 'emergency' spending bill by the Bush administration and its supporters rings...shall we say...hollow.

There was the <a href=http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/news_theswamp/2006/05/watchdog_smells.html>2006 emergency supplemental spending bill</a> passed by a Republican controlled Congress, which was filled with hundreds of millions in pork-barrel spending.

And, there was the <a href=http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat?pid=2391>2005 emergency supplemental</a>, also passed by a REPUBLICAN controlled Congress.

Of course the Democrats were complicit in passing these bills. That our elected officials, regardless of party, feel that the US taxpayer is their private piggy-bank only shows how money has corrupted the democratic process in this country. But for Bush and his supporters to criticize this bill for its 'pork' is nothing short of hypocrisy.

It's simple Bully... the Republiblogotalkers whip their lemmings into a frenzy anytime the Republican Party is caught in a scandal. They needed something to distract from their bungling of the wars and their politic playing with the US Attorneys.

They know their lemmings won't bother to check things like "hmmmm, I wonder when the Republican-led Congress passed these bills in previous years and what was in them."

Forum List

Back