Emergence Of The American Police State: Example #2

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
On September 3, 2002, police broke down the door of Brooklyn resident Williemae Mack in a pre-dawn drug raid. Her twin 13 year-old sons were asleep at the time. One, frightened by the noise and the explosive device police used to gain entry, hid under his bed. Police pulled him out and put a gun to his head. Police then handcuffed both boys at gunpoint.

They found no drugs because they had raided the wrong house.

How the fuck does that indicate the emergence of a police state?

20 years ago my town of about 3000 people had one police chief and one part time cop.

Today, this same 3000 souls village now has one police chief and about 5 full time cops.

Why?

Well I'll tell you one thing, it isn't because we need them.

On September 3, 2002, police broke down the door of Brooklyn resident Williemae Mack in a pre-dawn drug raid. Her twin 13 year-old sons were asleep at the time. One, frightened by the noise and the explosive device police used to gain entry, hid under his bed. Police pulled him out and put a gun to his head. Police then handcuffed both boys at gunpoint.

I dont see any police states coming.

But I can certainly do better then your story.

A number of years ago we had an armored car robbery with no leads, Then a disgruntled family member lied about a family member and got the police to conduct a middle of the night raid. They stormed the house, the mother grabbed her toddler and had her in her arms. Then as its told a shot rang out shooting the mother in the neck, she collapsed and was promptly hand cuffed. This is murder and no charges were filed, The cops later admitted the informant lied and they should not have entered the house.

Tragedy strikes at anytime. it doesnt mean vast conspiracy.

20 years ago my town of about 3000 people had one police chief and one part time cop.

Today, this same 3000 souls village now has one police chief and about 5 full time cops.

Why?

Five whole police officers! Why, the place is swarming with uniformed officials! There must be a jack-booted thug on every street corner and in every hearth. How can you stand to live in such an occupied military state as that?

:rolleyes:

Let me tell YOU one thing, asshole, come the day you need help those 5 officers won't seem so much. Grow the fuck up.

I dont see any police states coming.

But I can certainly do better then your story.

A number of years ago we had an armored car robbery with no leads, Then a disgruntled family member lied about a family member and got the police to conduct a middle of the night raid. They stormed the house, the mother grabbed her toddler and had her in her arms. Then as its told a shot rang out shooting the mother in the neck, she collapsed and was promptly hand cuffed. This is murder and no charges were filed, The cops later admitted the informant lied and they should not have entered the house.

Tragedy strikes at anytime. it doesnt mean vast conspiracy.

That is tragic, incompetent, and negligent, but not "murder."

How optimistic is it to think that the police are never going to make a mistake? Every mistake is a tragedy. As we see from the anecdotes submitted, some of these mistakes are the result of outright lies by criminals. Lies ignored in favor of blaming the police for the criminal acts of others.

If someone is killed by the police because of a lie told about them, the liar should be prosecuted and get the death penalty the same as if they pulled the trigger. No, they don't get to claim freedom of speech either.

I have heard of stories like this before, but how does this mean we are becoming a police state? would you rather the police take no action at all?

Why?

No, its because you obviously lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere that didn't need a big police presence.

Why?

Five whole police officers! Why, the place is swarming with uniformed officials! There must be a jack-booted thug on every street corner and in every hearth. How can you stand to live in such an occupied military state as that?

:rolleyes:

Let me tell YOU one thing, asshole, come the day you need help those 5 officers won't seem so much. Grow the fuck up.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back