Embattled evol health insurance providers mum on criticism? There's a reason...

Are you daft? You think there's NO competition in the HC insurance industry?

You're twisting INTENDED consequences with unintended ones. If you're a insurance provider, aren't you really licking your chops right now, anticipating 20 million new customers possible, even if it is at lower rates somehow?

Think. "Big Insurance" is going to get a massive windfall from all of this, get BIGGER and stronger, and probably won't worry too much about rates!

i'm not nuts, and I KNOW there is not true competition within the health insurance industry when most all states have only one or 2 insurance companies providing much more than 50% of the issued policies.

in my state, 2 insurers have 88% of the policies written....north dakota has ONE Insurer for 90% of their population, alabama....2 insurers for 80% of their population....

Anything over 30% for 1 insurer is considered by our federal gvt with other industries, a monopoly, or an UNHEALTHY economic situation for the consumer...

AND YES, i agree that it is HANDING this gift horse to the insurance industry....thus my support of the public option, so it is not a guarantee to the private insurers to get these customers without competing.

but better yet, don't make the insurance mandatory....

Actually, that is accurate, there is no competition right now, thus why we see price gouging. ;)

How is this possible? Because of (wait for it) ... government regulations. :eusa_shhh:

no one on this board on the right side of the aisle, center or left has been willing to get government completely out of health care though?

'Government out of health care' and letting the free market work..... means killing MEDICARE, MEDICAID, S-CHIP, Emergency room funding, funding of the 40% spent on medical/biotech research and development, the tax breaks to companies for offering health insurance, buying flu shots, all medical paid for government employees, all tax breaks to us for it too, all health care paid for the military and gvt retirees and their families, all grants to doctors to be and hospitals and clinics and medical schools, no medical for the disabled, the FDA etc etc etc

THEN and ONLY THEN would we REALLY have a true free market....anything less than ridding ourselves of ALL of the above, is the gvt melding with the free market....and causes prices to rise.

NO ONE will realistically agree to cut all of those programs, or are willing to give a solid plan on how they envisioned us, at this point in the subsidized industry game, getting out from these programs and back to a free market without some dire consequences.

care

Forum List

Back