Embassy requests for additional security ignored?

Oldstyle

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2011
Florida
I'm watching this slowly unwinding story with a combination of anger and disbelief. New reports state that numerous requests by Embassy's in the region for additional security were turned down by the State Department. Let me get this straight...our Ambassador fears for his life and questions the security of his Embassy and he's ignored? The Red Cross and the UN had earlier closed their Benghazi location's because of increasing levels of violence made it too dangerous to be there but we don't even adequately protect our Ambassador? And now to make matters even more embarrassing we can't get the FBI on the ground there to do an investigation BECAUSE IT'S TOO DANGEROUS! Who's running this clown show? Note to the State Department...we have enemies who want to kill us...start acting like you understand that concept!!!

Obama-Admin-Twice-Refused-Request-To-Send-Military-Backup-In-Benghazi-Massacre.jpg

Benghazi Attack: Obama Was AWOL During

Kristin Drossin
World,Middle East
14 hours ago

Last week Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee in regards to failures to quell the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

J. Christopher Stevens, who served as U.S. ambassador to Libya, and Tyrone S. Woods, who served as an embassy security guard, had requested security reinforcements during the attack. They did not receive the extra security they requested. Four Americans died in the incursion, including Stevens and Woods, as well as U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith and security guard Glen Doherty.

This failure to provide additional security to the consulate in Benghazi before and during the attack was at the forefront of the latest hearings. Senators therein questioned Panetta and Dempsey about their communication with President Obama during the attack. When pushed by Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) both Panetta and Dempsey attested to the fact that they spoke with Obama only once for half-an-hour during the seven-plus hour attack:

Benghazi Attack: Obama Was AWOL During

I'm watching this slowly unwinding story with a combination of anger and disbelief. New reports state that numerous requests by Embassy's in the region for additional security were turned down by the State Department. Let me get this straight...our Ambassador fears for his life and questions the security of his Embassy and he's ignored? The Red Cross and the UN had earlier closed their Benghazi location's because of increasing levels of violence made it too dangerous to be there but we don't even adequately protect our Ambassador? And now to make matters even more embarrassing we can't get the FBI on the ground there to do an investigation BECAUSE IT'S TOO DANGEROUS! Who's running this clown show? Note to the State Department...we have enemies who want to kill us...start acting like you understand that concept!!!
I wish you were a member back during bush I could prove you held Obama to a higher standard

Forum List

Back