Embarrassing Home Videos

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Soooo. To make a long story short: My husband has been viewing some old VHS tapes from the 80's which include some embarrassing moments which I would rather not be seen. I have asked him to destroy the tapes and he refuses.

Help. Need advice.

Sincerely,

Sick to my stomach in NJ

I share your pain. I soooooo share your pain. My Mom digitized all our home movies.... and takes great delight in facebooking little 'memories' expressly for the torture of her children. What kind of Mom would do this? LMAO!

Soooo. To make a long story short: My husband has been viewing some old VHS tapes from the 80's which include some embarrassing moments which I would rather not be seen. I have asked him to destroy the tapes and he refuses.

Help. Need advice.

Sincerely,

Sick to my stomach in NJ

Dear Sick to my stomach in NJ,

Relax, you're in good hands. As you may or may not know, President Obama recently appointed me the Embarrassing Home Video Czar. As such I have far reaching authority over all of the nations many many millions of home videos, so I am here in your hour of need.

Now, here's all you have to do. Wait for an opportunity when your hubby isn't around and then gather up all those cassettes full of random embarrassing moments and send them to me for review. Once I have screened each and every one of them I will issue an official Embarrassing Home Video Czar's Decree that informs your husband I have destroyed any segments deemed worthy of causing you any embarrassment whatsoever.

Simply PM me and I will be happy to supply you the address where to send your tapes.

Sincerely,

EHV Czar and Executive VP YouTube, Inc.

blastoff

Thanks for making me smile.

Here's the thing. It's not just about me. There are some shots of our good friends doing stuff that they would not want their kids to see and/or could damage their reputations. My husband thinks I'm being melodramatic, but he wants to put them on DVD. I don't even trust the kids at the video store.

I may have to take a class on how to do it myself. Or accidently drop them in the toilet. Hmmmmm. What to do????

Help. Need advice.

Sincerely,

Sick to my stomach in NJ
This may be embarrassing to you now but when you're older and don't care you'll probably laugh at it!

My grandparents have passed away and I wish I had more info about them no matter if it was good or bad or embarrassing. Believe me, your grand kids will get a kick out of it, and maybe even be proud of you for it.

"Look at Grandma and Grandpa! They were so young and beautiful and full of life! Wow!"

Don't destroy the tapes. You'll regret it. If it's that bad just put it away and will it to your family.

I didn't know they existed! I saw them for the first time today. Hubby loved it. I nearly had a heart attack. He kept saying "Look how pretty you were" and all I heard was "My God What happened to you?" Lol

Ha ha Tx. I said it was kinda a long story. The videos were taken before we were married by him and his crazy roommates in an animal house. Let's just say it's "Jersey Shore; 80s edition"

Help. Need advice.

Sincerely,

Sick to my stomach in NJ
This may be embarrassing to you now but when you're older and don't care you'll probably laugh at it!

My grandparents have passed away and I wish I had more info about them no matter if it was good or bad or embarrassing. Believe me, your grand kids will get a kick out of it, and maybe even be proud of you for it.

"Look at Grandma and Grandpa! They were so young and beautiful and full of life! Wow!"

Don't destroy the tapes. You'll regret it. If it's that bad just put it away and will it to your family.

The deal is, you will want to know this, your kids will want to know this.

My aunt had all the family pictures and her kids tossed them out, so what my dad was like before 1946 when he started showing up in my mom's family's albums I have no idea.

Also kind of amazing was my mom was such a sucker for eye candy.

Thanks for the magnet idea.

My son hs access to some hot shit recording equipment at school. He's in the process of converting all our 8mm and VHS to DVD. But now I realize we better view it all first. Nothing's simple. I think anything after 1990 should be suitable for family viewing. We should have put ratings on them.

Forum List

Back