Embarrassed Republicans Admit They..

Embarrassed Republicans Admit They've Been Thinking Of Eisenhower Whole Time They've Been Praising Reagan

WASHINGTON—At a press conference Monday, visibly embarrassed leaders of the Republican National Committee acknowledged that their nonstop, effusive praise of Ronald Reagan has been wholly unintentional, admitting they somehow managed to confuse him with Dwight D. Eisenhower for years.

The GOP's humiliating blunder was discovered last weekend by RNC chairman Reince Priebus, who realized his party had been extolling "completely the wrong guy" after he watched the History Channel special Eisenhower: An American Portrait.

I can't wait until Rachel Maddow puts this on her show. :thup:

Rachel has a phone interview with Reagan. Eisenhower wants a live show. Who can blame him?

Embarrassed Republicans Admit They've Been Thinking Of Eisenhower Whole Time They've Been Praising Reagan

WASHINGTON—At a press conference Monday, visibly embarrassed leaders of the Republican National Committee acknowledged that their nonstop, effusive praise of Ronald Reagan has been wholly unintentional, admitting they somehow managed to confuse him with Dwight D. Eisenhower for years.

The GOP's humiliating blunder was discovered last weekend by RNC chairman Reince Priebus, who realized his party had been extolling "completely the wrong guy" after he watched the History Channel special Eisenhower: An American Portrait.

Gotta love the Onion!:lol:

"It's absolutely mortifying to suddenly realize that the man you had long credited as a champion of fiscal conservatism actually tripled the national debt and signed the largest peacetime tax hike in U.S. history," said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, adding that he was ashamed to learn that the man he once called his hero stood by silently while the AIDS epidemic exploded. "Frankly, I can't even believe that fucker had the balls to call himself a conservative."

"But we must move beyond this mess and look ahead toward our country's future, a future much like the one envisioned by the great Ronald Reagan," Gingrich added. "Oh, sorry—force of habit."

why are you so violently wired?

"Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary." At least, that's what Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.) said.

Where is this civility that Obama called for back when y'all cared about Gifford? You do remember Gifford, I assume.
Uncivil Americans 'getting bloody':

26cd38978dbeadd6fa81353851e2da2f.jpg

police-brutality-civil-rights-764562.jpg

The thing I liked best was the "I like Ike buttoms" I had a lot of them and when your in grade school that is cool. He is about the last president that did his terms without a war. Those were the good old days.

The thing I liked best was the "I like Ike buttoms" I had a lot of them and when your in grade school that is cool. He is about the last president that did his terms without a war. Those were the good old days.

If the republicans would run men like him I would vote republican

Forum List

Back