Emanuel Leaving White House, Sources Say

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
"(CNN) – Three Democratic sources close to Rahm Emanuel tell CNN that the White House chief of staff informed senior colleagues he is all but certain to run for mayor of Chicago, and will leave the White House to take the final exploratory steps."
-CNN

Discuss.

I'm thinking this gives the administration the chance to prove themselves to their base. Tap Howard Dean, or Alan Grayson.. Or someone that will at least try to fight for the working folk. But I wouldn't be suprised if they blow it off, and tapped another idiot like Rahm.

Rahm Emanuel is pure Evil. He wont be missed. If Chicago wants him,they can have him. What does one more corrupt Democrat in Chicago matter? Chicago's loss is our gain for sure. So good riddance to the worst douchebag in all of politics.

"(CNN) – Three Democratic sources close to Rahm Emanuel tell CNN that the White House chief of staff informed senior colleagues he is all but certain to run for mayor of Chicago, and will leave the White House to take the final exploratory steps."
-CNN

Discuss.

Leaving a corrupt administration to go run for one of the most corrupted political offices in America.

Go Rob!

I'm thinking this gives the administration the chance to prove themselves to their base. Tap Howard Dean, or Alan Grayson.. Or someone that will at least try to fight for the working folk. But I wouldn't be suprised if they blow it off, and tapped another idiot like Rahm.

Grayson, there's a uniter.

Keep in mind the next chief of staff will likely have to work with a GOP House and Senate. It would be nice if Obama would get someone who could do that.
He won't because his instincts suck. He will reach deeper into his circle. The name I've heard bandied about is Valerie Jarret.

Rahm Emanuel is pure Evil. He wont be missed. If Chicago wants him,they can have him. What does one more corrupt Democrat in Chicago matter? Chicago's loss is our gain for sure. So good riddance to the worst douchebag in all of politics.

You mean--"the never waste a crisis" to expand the Federal Government guy. Yep--glad to hear he may be leaving.

And what better place for him to head back to--the political thug-ville of this country.

Keep in mind the next chief of staff will likely have to work with a GOP House and Senate. It would be nice if Obama would get someone who could do that.
He won't because his instincts suck. He will reach deeper into his circle. The name I've heard bandied about is Valerie Jarret.

Just started a thread on this in Current, didn't realize there already was one here.

Grayson would be a great choice, but he's far too principled for the Administration. He'd just end up leaving like Phil Carter, Greg Craif, and everyone else who thought the Administration might actually institute positive change.

The last thing they need is some moderate Blue Dog comfortable in Republican circles though. Obama's biggest political miscalculation so far was trying to move even further to the right to appease Republicans and secure their votes when they've made it abundantly clear they refuse to work with him on anything of substance no matter how much he capitulates.

He needs to put a real progressive in charge who can rally public and Democratic Congessional support to ram things through without help from any large contingent of the opposition party, otherwise all we'll get is more of the same broken status quo. A few Republicans could have been shamed into voting for the public option if they'd aggressively pursued it and Bush was always able to pick up a handful of D votes on major initiatives. That's our best bet for any actual reform.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal

Just started a thread on this in Current, didn't realize there already was one here.

Grayson would be a great choice, but he's far too principled for the Administration. He'd just end up leaving like Phil Carter, Greg Craif, and everyone else who thought the Administration might actually institute positive change.

The last thing they need is some moderate Blue Dog comfortable in Republican circles though. Obama's biggest political miscalculation so far was trying to move even further to the right to appease Republicans and secure their votes when they've made it abundantly clear they refuse to work with him on anything of substance no matter how much he capitulates.

He needs to put a real progressive in charge who can rally public and Democratic Congessional support to ram things through without help from any large contingent of the opposition party, otherwise all we'll get is more of the same broken status quo. A few Republicans could have been shamed into voting for the public option if they'd aggressively pursued it and Bush was always able to pick up a handful of D votes on major initiatives. That's our best bet for any actual reform.

So Obama's agenda got stalled because he had to compromise with conservative Democrats (he never compromised with Republicans. There isn't one instance of this).
This was despite having filibuster proof majorities in Congress.
After the election when he is likely to face a GOP House and evenly divided, if not GOP, Senate you want him to appoint some ideological hard core Leftist?:cuckoo:

And I think he will, is the stupid part.

Dean would be great. Rahm was reluctant from the start and always said he wouldn't stay that long. He'd be more effective in Chicago.

Forum List

Back