Email Shows State Dept Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya

Murf76

Nov 11, 2008
Jake Tapper's got the goods.... again. Seems some days he's the last honest journalist in Washington.

The subject line of the email, from Miki Rankin, the post management officer for Libya and Saudi Arabia, reads “Termination of Tripoli DC-3 Support.”

Rankin informs Stevens and the others on the email, whose names have been redacted, that Undersecretary of State for Management Patrick Kennedy “has determined that support for Embassy Tripoli using the DC-3 will be terminated immediately. Post’s request to continue use of the plane in support of the SST was considered. However, it was decided that, if needed, NEA will charter a special flight for their departure.”

cont... Email Shows State Department Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya - ABC News

Even after all the incidents leading up to the attack on 9/11, they expected these guy to travel commercial. As we read through the article, it's not like they hadn't already the DC-3 there. It was pulled by the State Dept. when commercial travel resumed. What might this have meant on that fateful night? Would it have been possible for these guys to escape? Who knows? They're too busy "investigating" themselves to actually answer any questions.

Last edited:
What is more telling to me is not so much that they pulled the plane, but the fact that they had a 16 member security force that was ALSO pulled. There were 16 special forces members that were pulled out in August. Why?

What is more telling to me is not so much that they pulled the plane, but the fact that they had a 16 member security force that was ALSO pulled. There were 16 special forces members that were pulled out in August. Why?

Dunno. One thing's for sure though, if we ever get a straight answer at all... it's going to be after the election. :eusa_sick:

Aren't there Congressional hearings starting next week on the matter?

Yes.. I believe it's October 10th. Rumor has it Obama is throwing Hillary under the bus! LOL

Him and who else? :lol: It's pretty crowded under that bus, but if he thinks she's going meekly, he can wish in one hand and shit in the other. An "accidental" open mic + Bill Clinton would cost him 10 points in the polls overnight. And who knows?... Bill doesn't like him much, he might do it just for giggles.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Obama sacrificed the Libyan Embassy.

Why?

For Allah?

You know, honestly in my more cynical moments, I have to wonder if they somehow thought that a crisis in the Middle East would help them in this election. :eusa_shifty:
I hate to say that, but the way they've handled this thing is inexplicable. Why leave those guys with their asses hanging out like that? Why ramp up unrest with continued attention to that movie trailer?

This is Hillary's doing. And Hillary is better insulated than Obama..he's the one who is going to go under the bus on this one.

Obama sacrificed the Libyan Embassy.

Why?

For Allah?

You know, honestly in my more cynical moments, I have to wonder if they somehow thought that a crisis in the Middle East would help them in this election. :eusa_shifty:
I hate to say that, but the way they've handled this thing is inexplicable. Why leave those guys with their asses hanging out like that? Why ramp up unrest with continued attention to that movie trailer?

I really think that it was a combination of ego, inexperience and incompetence. I just really hope those guys died quickly.

I want to hear his answers during the debates. Just who is he going to blame?

I will be so disappointed if this isn't bought up during the debate. The way he handles terrorists is extremely important and this should be held up as an example of what we could expect in the future.

The 1st debate was all body shots,the next one will be at his head,going for the knockout.

He can't put the fix in it could get real ugly for him and if it does,no 3rd debate.

His tools of the trade ,class envy,race will not help him in foreign policy,he is out there exposed.

I will be so disappointed if this isn't bought up during the debate. The way he handles terrorists is extremely important and this should be held up as an example of what we could expect in the future.

How could Obama not be slapped around like the punk he is after not only failing utterly to protect our assets in Libya, but doing his best to paper over it? He's not vulnerable on this because of his debate skills, or lack thereof :rolleyes:... he's vulnerable because he fucked up.

I expect that debate scene is going to go a little something like this....

[youtube]rxLOXUGmRKI[/youtube]

I think it will have to be brought out during the debate. Romney is giving a foreign policy speech Oct. 8. I feel certain that he'll address this and force Obama's hand.

I think it will have to be brought out during the debate. Romney is giving a foreign policy speech Oct. 8. I feel certain that he'll address this and force Obama's hand.

Well, that's the thing isn't it? Obama won't answer to Congress or the American people or the press... but he's going to HAVE to answer Mitt Romney. If he doesn't respond to Romney's Oct. 8th speech, he's going to have to face him at the next debate. Either way... he's got some splainin' to do.

Forum List

Back