Email shows ex-Solyndra CEO thanked 'Bank of Washington,' as new report rips loan pro

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
A congressional report concluded Friday that "political pressure" by a White House eager to tout stimulus spending was largely to blame for fast-tracking the ill-fated $535 million Solyndra loan guarantee -- findings compounded by the release of an email that showed the former CEO once referred to the aid as "The Bank of Washington."

Read more: Email shows ex-Solyndra CEO thanked 'Bank of Washington,' as new report rips loan process | Fox News

The Bank of Washington? That's unbelievable. And the taxpayer's lost bigtime.

Yes, very sad to see. I suppose 535 million is a "drop in the bucket" to many people out there and so they justify waste. It’s hard to believe Presidents are allowed to break laws, steal and waste money while compounding debt and never see the inside of a jail cell.

I can't count how many times my company could have used a government guaranteed loan over the years. I can't even borrow money from the bank without assigning them my assets. It's called collateral.

I can't count how many times my company could have used a government guaranteed loan over the years. I can't even borrow money from the bank without assigning them my assets. It's called collateral.

We taxpayers ended up being the collateral "damage."

A congressional report concluded Friday that "political pressure" by a White House eager to tout stimulus spending was largely to blame for fast-tracking the ill-fated $535 million Solyndra loan guarantee -- findings compounded by the release of an email that showed the former CEO once referred to the aid as "The Bank of Washington."

Read more: Email shows ex-Solyndra CEO thanked 'Bank of Washington,' as new report rips loan process | Fox News

The Bank of Washington? That's unbelievable. And the taxpayer's lost bigtime.

Wheres conservadork.

He needs his nose rubbed in this..............

It would be bad enough if it had just been Solyndra. But a ton of our stimulus money went to myriad so-called 'green industries', most of which never got off the ground or are in serious financial trouble. And that doesn't even count those who are doing business overseas.

Lordy, I wish we had a competent and objective media that would show these frauds for what they are and keep this stuff on the front pages until there is such disgust and outrage generated that we can fix it.

It would be bad enough if it had just been Solyndra. But a ton of our stimulus money went to myriad so-called 'green industries', most of which never got off the ground or are in serious financial trouble. And that doesn't even count those who are doing business overseas.

Lordy, I wish we had a competent and objective media that would show these frauds for what they are and keep this stuff on the front pages until there is such disgust and outrage generated that we can fix it.

If the quick bankruptcy wasn't bad enough, the bankruptcy loan repayment was restructured so that the taxpayers were last on the list to be repaid, after the the Obama donors! How very handy!
eWH Chief of Staff Daley Briefed on Solyndra Concerns, Email Says
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/wh-chief-of-staff-daley-briefed-on-solyndra-concerns/

Solyndra: Pay Some Investors Before Taxpayers In Solar Flame Outhttp://www.forbes.com/sites/toddwoo...nvestors-before-taxpayers-in-solar-flame-out/

Taxpayers to recover only $24 million from Solyndra
http://washingtonexaminer.com/taxpayers-to-recover-only-24-million-from-solyndra/article/2503861

Last edited:

Forum List

Back