Email Notifications!

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Hello fine people of USMB.

Are any of you having issues with your email notifications?
I am.
At first I thought it was Yahoo, but I was wrong.

It started yesterday when I noticed I wasn't receiving any notifications that someone had posted in a thread I was subscribed to. Thinking little of it at the time, my day turned into evening and that was when I started receiving notifications from earlier in the day. Same thing happened today. I've been receiving emails from yesterday's posts.

Strange, no?

Yes!

It's alright that I'm on my own here. I can handle this situation all by myself!
So what if I'm still receiving emails from last evening. But only from this place!

:dunno:

could be a server thing.. i know the site was up and down for me yesterday.

Masq ~~ I don't know if you mean only emails from USMB or all emails. Yahoo is infamous for its lag. Plus Yahoo began resending old (some very old) emails as if they were new. I bugged them for over a month with this problem, and they never could come up with an adequate explanation. Yahoo sucks, imo. I now use Gmail which is much faster and way less crap to navigate around.

Masq ~~ I don't know if you mean only emails from USMB or all emails. Yahoo is infamous for its lag. Plus Yahoo began resending old (some very old) emails as if they were new. I bugged them for over a month with this problem, and they never could come up with an adequate explanation. Yahoo sucks, imo. I now use Gmail which is much faster and way less crap to navigate around.

Hey MaggieMae,
Yeah, it was just email from USMB. I'm happy to say that it's finally back to normal. I had a few issues with Yahoo a couple of months ago when they decided to upgrade their mail system. I was getting ready to switch everything over back to Hotmail, when all those issues were resolved. I've used Gmail in the past and was never satisfied with the look and feel.

Forum List

Back