email failing!

Alles

Rookie
Jun 21, 2011
Folks,

My email program now fails every time I try to open it.
I opens for split second l but then closes immediately.
I tried deleting that email account and replacing it with
a new one, but the email icon still tries to load and
fails.

Can someone suggest a solution?

Thank you,

Everett

Post this in the computer section and give more details. No one can help if we have no idea what program you are using.

I moved it for him. -EZ

Folks,

fails.

Thank you,

Everett

hit it with a hammer.

twice

Folks,

fails.

Thank you,

Everett

There may be something wrong with your desktop icon. Do you know how to open your email program without using the desktop icon, i.e., by hitting the Start Button and doing it that way? Try that. If it works doing it that way, delete the desktop icon and copy a new startup icon onto your desktop for the email program.

Once again - if you are trying to open your email from an icon on your desktop (a shortcut), it sounds like your shortcut is corrupted. It is easy enough to get yourself a new desktop icon on there. Go into Windows Explorer, navigate to the execute file for your email program, right click on it, and select either Copy or Create Shortcut. Once you have done that, paste it onto your desktop and see if that solves the problem.

And my pirate friend is correct - using a different browser isn't going to help.

Unless - from the way you describe your problem, I am assuming your email program is a software program, installed on your hard disk. Is that right? If so, try what I suggest. If, on the other hand, you are using Internet email, then I can't help you.

Forum List

Back