Elvis....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
...yes Elvis.
Not sure why he has became a joke today. It is true he allowed himself to be controlled by a money hungry manager that basically killed him draining every last penny he could make off of him and Elvis just didn't have the intelligence and will to see he had way more talent than be sold off singing stupid songs and movies.

But in the earlier days before that...he did make some great songs.

...yes Elvis.
Not sure why he has became a joke today. It is true he allowed himself to be controlled by a money hungry manager that basically killed him draining every last penny he could make off of him and Elvis just didn't have the intelligence and will to see he had way more talent than be sold off singing stupid songs and movies.

But in the earlier days before that...he did make some great songs.

Grammy Awards
1972 Won
Grammy Best Inspirational Performance
1971 Won
Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
1967 Won
Grammy Best Sacred Performance

Not long before his death, and testimony to how wore out and wrung out he was. He refused to quit despite serious health issues and drug dependencies that he knew was killing him, but his manager convinced him 100's of families would starve if he quit...he kept going until it indeed literally killed him.
There is a movie here. Not sure why a serious producer, filmaker hasn't done the story.

Not long before his death, and testimony to how wore out and wrung out he was. He refused to quit despite serious health issues and drug dependencies that he knew was killing him, but his manager convinced him 100's of families would starve if he quit...he kept going until it indeed literally killed him.
There is a movie here. Not sure why a serious producer, filmaker hasn't done the story.

It is true he continued to tour, he took many medicines for several reasons, the day before his death, he had a toothache that made him suffer greatly. and he could not sleep His diet was very greasy, he had problems for a weeks with constipation, and He suffered from an enlarged heart which was twice the size of normal and showed evidence of advanced cardiovascular disease in his coronary vessels, aorta, and cerebral arteries

Elvis Presley's Death -- What Really Killed the King? | The Huffington Post

Elvis and his grandson
Benjamin Keough
4c2f49b310613cdb7bde9a10b07d42b5.jpg

46437299682ef996bd3f3f3d968f47f1.jpg

Benjamin Keough, Elvis Presley's Grandson : Elvis Biography : Elvis Presley 1935-2016. : 'For Elvis Fans Only' Official Elvis Presley Fan Club

over rated.....
Old old thread.

Why did you resurrect this.

Let the dead rest in peace.
it aint that old.....but when i see people pillopicating over the so called "king" of rock and roll i feel i have to say something....

pillopicating?....new word you just made up?
yea.....you like it?......people with tigers IQ think its real....so i thought i would give it a shot here....obviously you are smarter than tiger...lol....

over rated.....
Old old thread.

it aint that old.....but when i see people pillopicating over the so called "king" of rock and roll i feel i have to say something....

yea.....you like it?......people with tigers IQ think its real....so i thought i would give it a shot here....obviously you are smarter than tiger...lol....

Getting back to your post that Elvis is overrated...he isn't. Today he is grossly underrated.
To know where I am coming from, I am not an Elvis fan per say. I was only 12 when he died, and I grew up listening to Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Boston etc. I use to make fun of Elvis...thought he was a hack.
As I grew older and began to appreciate different kinds of music, and read/watched books/documentaries on different artist...as well as how you measure musical talent of any artist or band by how much influence they have/had.
Elvis had huge influence on 1960's rock, and continued through the 70's.
Name any big name band/artist during that period and you will find quotes and interviews where they talk about the influence he had as well as particular songs they did.
Without Elvis, there would have been no Beatles. That is a fact that McCartney and Lennon reluctantly agreed. They were all huge Elvis fans as kids. Robert Plant gave two interviews on his meeting with Elvis and how much he was in awe of him.
Elvis is a major-major contributor to not only American Rock, but British and Australian Rock as well.

over rated.....
Old old thread.

Getting back to your post that Elvis is overrated...he isn't. Today he is grossly underrated.
To know where I am coming from, I am not an Elvis fan per say. I was only 12 when he died, and I grew up listening to Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Boston etc. I use to make fun of Elvis...thought he was a hack.
As I grew older and began to appreciate different kinds of music, and read/watched books/documentaries on different artist...as well as how you measure musical talent of any artist or band by how much influence they have/had.
Elvis had huge influence on 1960's rock, and continued through the 70's.
Name any big name band/artist during that period and you will find quotes and interviews where they talk about the influence he had as well as particular songs they did.
Without Elvis, there would have been no Beatles. That is a fact that McCartney and Lennon reluctantly agreed. They were all huge Elvis fans as kids. Robert Plant gave two interviews on his meeting with Elvis and how much he was in awe of him.
Elvis is a major-major contributor to not only American Rock, but British and Australian Rock as well.
i was referring to his being called the "King" of R&R.....the guys who composed the stuff and got out there and performed their stuff were the KINGS....Elvis did other peoples compositions......he was successful mostly because he was a good looking white kid who had a good voice in a time when R&R was considered black heathen music...so white kids started listening.....and of course more white kids started playing..... thats his influence,but as far as creating it,i dont give him much there,guys like Chuck Berry,Little Richard.....they were the kings.....

i was referring to his being called the "King" of R&R.....the guys who composed the stuff and got out there and performed their stuff were the KINGS....Elvis did other peoples compositions......he was successful mostly because he was a good looking white kid who had a good voice in a time when R&R was considered black heathen music...so white kids started listening.....and of course more white kids started playing..... thats his influence,but as far as creating it,i dont give him much there,guys like Chuck Berry,Little Richard.....they were the kings.....

No doubt that Elvis's good looks and the fact he was white had something to do with his intro into performing.
But Elvis's uncanny range and stage presence is what made him...well..Elvis.
There were a ton of white kids singing R&R during the same period, but they lacked the performance ability of Elvis.
It is true he "sung other people's songs" - but that is what everybody did back then. Everybody, including Chuck Berry and Little Richard. It is just the way it was...did you know that the Beatles recorded several Elvis songs? (And yes, Elvis also recorded some of their songs) - it is what people did then.

Forum List

Back