Elvis Costello's Pompous (and Late-Breaking!) Boycott of Israel

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

This is crazy. I don't understand Elvis taking the progressive road. I guess he's getting old.

Just two weeks ago, Costello told the Jerusalem Post:

"I know from the experience of a friend who is from Israel and from people who have worked there that there is a difference of opinion there among Israelis regarding their government's policies. It seems to me...the narrow view that performing there must be about profit and endorsing the hawkish policy of the government."

"It's like never appearing in the U.S. because you didn't like Bush's policies or boycotting England because of Margaret Thatcher."

It's no different than when people and organizations of sound moral character and judgement were boycotting South Africa.

State-approved racial intolerance and aparthied must be resisted. I applaud Costello for his decision - it takes a lot of guts to stand on moral principals when you know the propaganda machine will destroy you for doing so.

It's no different than when people and organizations of sound moral character and judgement were boycotting South Africa.

State-approved racial intolerance and aparthied must be resisted. I applaud Costello for his decision - it takes a lot of guts to stand on moral principals when you know the propaganda machine will destroy you for doing so.

Really? What happened in South Africa is in no way similar to what is happening in Israel.

Israeli society struggles with it's Arab population and there are no laws similar to the Apartheid laws of SA. Sad shits like you have no problem belittling things in order to throw teh shroud of victimization over Palestinian terrorists and other misfits.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8N7PkX-PAk&feature=related]YouTube - Naomi Klein on Boycott of Isarel(BDS) pt1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUjF0HBs1ic&feature=related]YouTube - Naomi Klein on Boycott of Israel (BDS) pt2[/ame]

Except, Israel is the only country in the apartheid Arab Muslim Middle East that constitutionally guarantees all citizens equal rights.

Thus, you are clueless both about apartheid and Israel. You're a two-time loser.

Expose ?apartheid? charge's real agenda

Except, Israel is the only country in the apartheid Arab Muslim Middle East that constitutionally guarantees all citizens equal rights.

Thus, you are clueless both about apartheid and Israel. You're a two-time loser.

You are a Liar.

It's kinda funny that a country who says it constitutionally guarantees equal rights to all allows some folks of one religion to steal the property and limit the activities of folks who belong to another religion.

You are a Liar.

It's kinda funny that a country who says it constitutionally guarantees equal rights to all allows some folks of one religion to steal the property and limit the activities of folks who belong to another religion.

No property has been stolen. You just made it up.

Israel constitutionally guarantees every citizen equal rights. In fact, Israel has strict anti-racism laws in its penal code making any expression or act of racism a violation of the law punishable by imprisonment.

The first person prosecuted under Israel's anti-racism laws was an Orthodox Jew, his conviction upheld by the Supreme Court.

So, you really are pathetically clueless.

The fascist Arab Muslim countries have a total absence of basic freedom, human rights and civil liberties and discriminate based on religion, gender and sexual orientation.

Israel is one of the most pluralistic countries in the world.

Now, run along, kid. It's breast-feeding time.

Sad to see a guy I have always considered pretty smart , falling for phony stories .

You are a Liar.

There is no right of return, if you dont have a deed you have no claim on any land.
On a side note, what happened to Dante he seems sane for a moment.

Last edited:

You are a Liar.

Israel constitutionally guarantees every citizen equal rights. In fact, Israel has strict anti-racism laws in its penal code making any expression or act of racism a violation of the law punishable by imprisonment.

The first person prosecuted under Israel's anti-racism laws was an Orthodox Jew, his conviction upheld by the Supreme Court.

The fascist Arab Muslim countries have a total absence of basic freedom, human rights and civil liberties and discriminate based on religion, gender and sexual orientation.

Fascist arab muslim countries are not the discussion. We're talking about Israel so stop trying to distract from the issue.

If Israel promises equal rights for all, please explain why settlers are allowed to take Palestinian farms and land but Palestinians are not protected by the IDF if they were to take israeli farms or land. I'm prepared to give examples. But first I'd like to hear your explanation for why settlers are allowed to do this, but Palestinians are not.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

You are a Liar.

Fascist arab muslim countries are not the discussion. We're talking about Israel so stop trying to distract from the issue.

If Israel promises equal rights for all, please explain why settlers are allowed to take Palestinian farms and land but Palestinians are not protected by the IDF if they were to take israeli farms or land. I'm prepared to give examples. But first I'd like to hear your explanation for why settlers are allowed to do this, but Palestinians are not.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kid, you didn't realize Iran is an Islamic country and you know even less about Israel.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2336907-post12.html

Palestinians are not Israeli citizens and are not entitled to IDF protection, though, IDF protection of the West Bank is the key reason for its economic resurgence. Were it not for tightened Israeli security, working in partnership with Fatah security, the West Bank would be overridden by Hamas thugs.

There are twice as many Arab settlements as Israeli settlements and the latter are entirely legal based on international law and the Oslo Accords.

Now, even you know, kid.

Last edited:

:clap2:

Forum List

Back