Elton John 'rejects' Russia censorship of Rocketman gay scenes

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
I just wonder how many our forum members are for a la putler´s censorship ?

"
ir Elton John has criticised a Russian film company's decision to cut gay sex scenes from his new biopic Rocketman.

The local film distributor told state news agency Tass it cut scenes from the film to comply with Russian laws.

The British singer and the makers of Rocketman issued a statement saying they rejected the censorship "in the strongest possible terms".

Sir Elton has previously spoken out against Russian laws banning "gay propaganda"."

_107191384_6116e8c8-934b-4c4c-920d-0a4306bf8d7f.jpg

Elton John condemns Russia Rocketman censorship

Last edited:
I like Elton John. I think he's a man of integrity and he's certainly talented. That said, NOBODY but a gay dude wants to see a gay scene. And the rest of us just as well see someone french kiss a cow.

How is this applicable to the political forum? The interesting thing is that foreign posters (and a lot of ignorant American left wingers) are apparently unaware that the United States is the only Country in the world that lists certain freedoms (like freedom of speech) in the Bill of rights. Who cares what the homosexual Brit piano player thinks of Russian censorship?

How is this applicable to the political forum? The interesting thing is that foreign posters (and a lot of ignorant American left wingers) are apparently unaware that the United States is the only Country in the world that lists certain freedoms (like freedom of speech) in the Bill of rights. Who cares what the homosexual Brit piano player thinks of Russian censorship?

We tolerate Ukrainian neo-nazis. Sometimes our Gov't even supports them. :smoke:

He has a right to speak out against this censorship. People going to see the movie know what to expect.

I say, again as I always do, I wonder if he spoke out against any other country (*cough cough, China*) that most certainly did the same, or worse. I'm also quite sure there are dozens more nations who just outright banned the movie. He should call them out too. This whole "Russia evil" is overkill and it's directing too much focus to one nation that isn't as large a threat as some others.

I don't care for Elton John anymore.

Now he also is against Brexit.!!!!!

That is the straw that broke the camel's back!!

Too bad because I liked his music, oh well...

He has a right to speak out against this censorship. People going to see the movie know what to expect.

I say, again as I always do, I wonder if he spoke out against any other country (*cough cough, China*) that most certainly did the same, or worse. I'm also quite sure there are dozens more nations who just outright banned the movie. He should call them out too. This whole "Russia evil" is overkill and it's directing too much focus to one nation that isn't as large a threat as some others.
It's not censorship if the government doesn't guarantee freedom of speech in the first place. What the hell is Sir. Elton's problem anyway? Is he in a snit because he is losing a couple of rubles because Russia won't show violent homosexual sexual acts? Try showing the movie in countries under Shria law.

An Elton John concert is a glittering extravaganza! dont miss out on the fun while you still can!

1975 was the high point for Elton. he was sad, whiny and spoiled after that and felt unloved by his dad

Any confirmation if Alabama held mass burnings of his records like the Beatles and the British Invasion?

he's no Bowie, he's no Mick Jagger, he's no Rod Stewart, Elton's not sexy without his costumes, which he stopped wearing a while ago

I don't care for Elton John anymore.

Now he also is against Brexit.!!!!!

That is the straw that broke the camel's back!!

Too bad because I liked his music, oh well...

Just as well separate your political opinions from music? The music he's performed is top notch, and he's a performer alright. As good as they get. Rocket man, yellow brick, bennie, your song, tiny dancer, leon, honky cat, etc. etc. GREAT GREAT stuff.

The one who lost me is Michael Jackson. I liked a lot of his music, primarily because it was a fun beat and nice warm-up on my drum kit. Anymore I fast forward when it crosses my Ipod. Forget about principle, he was a disgusting person. At some point I'll dump his file off my collection.

he's no Bowie, he's no Mick Jagger, he's no Rod Stewart, Elton's not sexy without his costumes, which he stopped wearing a while ago

I won't argue Bowie Vs Elton. Both great talents.

Mick is amazing. Stones are top 4 for rock/blues, IMO. Behind Beatles, LZ and Pink Floyd.

You lost me on Rod Stewart. Stewart isn't in Elton's class. IMO Stewart produced 2-3 decent songs, not a one is great.

Agree, he shouldn't have dumped the costumes. I believe he lifted the idea off Liberace, maybe that's why he stopped. On a side, Liberace was a friend of my dad's. He was in the business as well, and I don't mean blowing pole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back