Elton John is a great musician . . .

jckryan

So, this is purgatory?
Jan 18, 2011
Los Angeles, Ca
. . . Rocket Man and a couple of songs other I like.

But when I saw that he and his mate got a baby through a surrogate . . . I just shook my head. They could not adopt. This follows Neil Patrick Harris and his mate and also Rosie O'Donnell.

Again. This is why there should be no legalization of same-sex unions/marriages. Instead of adopting (which would be great), they choose to use science to pro-create. It is not this so-called campaign of hate that they claim is at issue.
It is the fact that once they get married/union legalized, it just opens the door in 'justifying' their use of invtro/surrogacy to have their own babies in order to achieve that family unit.

Sperm banks and donor centers should be closed. To EVERYONE. You go with what life/nature deals you. Don't like it? ADOPT.

Last edited:

But when I saw that he and his mate got a baby through a surrogate . . . I just shook my head. They could not adopt. This follows Neil Patrick Harris and his mate and also Rosie O'Donnell.

Again. This is why there should be no legalization of same-sex unions/marriages. Instead of adopting (which would be great), they choose to use science to pro-create. It is not this so-called campaign of hate that they claim is at issue.
It is the fact that once they get married/union legalized, it just opens the door in 'justifying' their use of invtro/surrogacy to have their own babies in order to achieve that family unit.

Sperm banks and donor centers should be closed. To EVERYONE. You go with what life/nature deals you. Don't like it? ADOPT.

You must LOVE abortion then, since you don't believe there should be babies made to couples that want to raise children.

You must LOVE abortion then, since you don't believe there should be babies made to couples that want to raise children.

If the guy upstairs did not give you the equipment, who am I to play God? Love abortion? Like I said, who am I to play God?

If the guy upstairs did not give you the equipment, who am I to play God? Love abortion? Like I said, who am I to play God?
Good point. Why are those protesting abortion clinics, not protesting sperm banks and donor centers?

I suppose you feel the same way about hetero couples using sperm banks and donor centers. How very nice of you.

God made the people that made sperm banks and in vitro possible...............

So, children born with heart defects should just be allowed to die? Doctors play God all the time. Are you saying we shouldn't be seeing them. Your analysis seems very short-sighted!!!

So, children born with heart defects should just be allowed to die? Doctors play God all the time. Are you saying we shouldn't be seeing them. Your analysis seems very short-sighted!!!

Of course not. Doctors do not play God (contrary to belief). They do not CHOOSE those who lives or dies on the operating table. They try to prolong life. If a patient dies on the table . . . it was meant to be.

Whereas an infertile couple has that choice. It is NOT a life or death situation. I feel for that couple. Seriously. It can be heartbreaking. I'm on the fence about initro for heteros.
Just pretty sure that the guy upstairs had no intention of us creating a one-stop shop catalog (spermbanks/donor centers) to get that donor who went to Princeton, 6 foot 2, green-eyed, healthy familly history, etc.. But I am not the reason for their issue. There are about maybe a million couples that are faced with much, much worst scenarios. It is a part of life.

Bodecca: To answer your question. No. This goes for ALL couples. To say that it would be like going through a McDonald's drive-thru is far-fetched and it will never come to that. You want fries with that?

Echo Zulu: It's not rocket-science. But then again, man is imperfect. They have made and will continue to make mistakes. Just because we made it available, does not mean we have to use it. We made guns and nuclear bombs . . .

I'm not going to insult anybodys intelligence by making a stupid remark like "So, you support indiividuals like the Octomom or the transgender(?) who was born a female, has a female mate and yet it was the trangender who was pregnant?" Of course not. But that was the end result.

Last edited:

Of course not. Doctors do not play God (contrary to belief). They do not CHOOSE those who lives or dies on the operating table. They try to prolong life. If a patient dies on the table . . . it was meant to be.

Whereas an infertile couple has that choice. It is NOT a life or death situation. I feel for that couple. Seriously. It can be heartbreaking. But I am not the reason their issue. There are about maybe a million couples that are faced with much, much worst scenarios. It is a part of life.

You're just playing with words. Your analysis is still bogus, IMO. Operating on a person and saving their life is more God-like than the rather mundane action of putting two cells together. If God didn't think we should be doing it, why isn't it mentioned in the Bible? Probably because it was written by MEN who didn't understand science, hence the creation myth.

Whereas an infertile couple has that choice. It is NOT a life or death situation. I feel for that couple. Seriously. It can be heartbreaking. But I am not the reason their issue. There are about maybe a million couples that are faced with much, much worst scenarios. It is a part of life.

You're just playing with words. Your analysis is still bogus, IMO. Operating on a person and saving their life is more God-like than the rather mundane action of putting two cells together. If God didn't think we should be doing it, why isn't it mentioned in the Bible? Probably because it was written by MEN who didn't understand science, hence the creation myth.

So, your argument is that saving a life has greater importance than creating one? As far as If God didnt think we should be doing it, why isn't it mentioned in the Bible?. There are loads of stuff that are not mentioned in the Bible that we deal with today.

One example: Why is the Bible not clear on what constitutes a marriage? Is it strictly between a man and a woman? I'm pretty sure they had homosexuals when it was written.

So since neither issue is mentioned in the Book, do we green light same-sex unions? Give the okay for copy-cat transgender pregnancies?

1 - elton and david did try to adopt in one country and were denied

2 - there is an emphasis on biological children (look at brad and angie, when they got pregnant, she was refered to as their 'first child'. they already had 3 adopted children, so this was their FOURTH child)

3 - are you going to apply this infertile straights?

4 - how about just straight couples who pop out 8 biological kids instead of adopting a few?

so is it that you don't believe in fertility treatments or should people who are infertile be precluded from marrying?

you know, by your logic.

This is great music!!!
:rock:
th56BC1BF9028B6722.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

1 - elton and david did try to adopt in one country and were denied

2 - there is an emphasis on biological children (look at brad and angie, when they got pregnant, she was refered to as their 'first child'. they already had 3 adopted children, so this was their FOURTH child)

3 - are you going to apply this infertile straights?

4 - how about just straight couples who pop out 8 biological kids instead of adopting a few?

The responses:

1. I know. It was in Russia? So they were denied once. What is the reason for Patrick Harris, O'Donnell, and Etheridge?

2. Did Angie go through invitro, a sperm bank or donor center? Not sure I follow.

3. Yes. This applies to infertile straights, I try not to discriminate.

4. ESPECIALLY for those whack jobs. Octomom is one of the poster-children of my argument.

so is it that you don't believe in fertility treatments or should people who are infertile be precluded from marrying?

you know, by your logic.

I do not support sperm banks/donor centers. I don't think people should be allowed to go to these places, pick and choose the sperm/egg . . . then say "put it on my American Express". Invtro/surrogates borberline.

" . . . should people who are infertile be precluded from marrying?". :eusa_eh:

Okay. Most individuals have a biological clock that goes off around their mid-thirties, no matter if you're straight or gay. Legalizing a same-sex union/marriage will pave the way for the same couples to go to donor centers/sperm banks. It is already happening.

The other day this straight couple got three separate beautiful children through invitro and they wanted to get another through invitro . . . but unfortunately they failed. They were emotionally "devastated".

Let me tell you what is devastated. Devastated is being a Chinese couple in China which is limited to one child per family. Devastated is having that same child die maybe twelve or thirteen years later when their school collapses during any number of earthquakes and floods China has had recently. Devastated is being too old to have any more children after that. Devastated is having children which picked up a unhealthy family gene. Devastated is your kid having a life-altering disability.

"But we are not Chinese or live in China . . . "

True. I know, we as Americans have become more and more entitled to such things, almost a God-given right to choose. That is what makes us better than the rest of the world. We are not selfish. It does not matter whether you are a same-sex couple, transgender, a single unemployed mother of four, or a straight couple who had already made a hat trick with three beautiful kids through invitro . . . we can do whatever we want. Why would other countries perceive us as arrogant (not that I care)?

Emotionally "devastated". Give me a break.

All Ive got to say about it is youre not in charge and never will be. An extremists opinion holds no weight.

All Ive got to say about it is youre not in charge and never will be. An extremists opinion holds no weight.

Back at ya :blahblah:

Is that the best you can do? A couple of sentences?

" . . . the rather mundane action of putting two cells together".

Do you support cloning pets or individuals?

Where does it stop?

Forum List

Back