Elizabethtown

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I really wanted to like this movie, but I couldn't get into it at all. I didn't even bother finishing it. Kirsten Dunst's character was way beyond quirky and just annoying. The vast majority of the dialogue was lame, full of awkward hyperbolic phrases that aren't as clever as they think they are.

I really love Cameron Crowe, so I hate to bash the guy. He's made two of my all-time favorite movies, Say Anything and Almost Famous, but he really missed the mark here. Skip this one and rent Garden State, instead.

Dan said:
I really wanted to like this movie, but I couldn't get into it at all. I didn't even bother finishing it. Kirsten Dunst's character was way beyond quirky and just annoying. The vast majority of the dialogue was lame, full of awkward hyperbolic phrases that aren't as clever as they think they are.

I really love Cameron Crowe, so I hate to bash the guy. He's made two of my all-time favorite movies, Say Anything and Almost Famous, but he really missed the mark here. Skip this one and rent Garden State, instead.

Agreed. Dunst just ruined it for me. We really, really tried to like this movie when we saw it during our deployment, but between her and the stilted dialogue, it was just too much to tolerate.

I did think Bloom did well for his part though. He deserves another non-action movie role to show what he's got.

Yeah, Bloom was good. I like him a lot, actually. I had someone at a party tell me that I looked like Orlando Bloom in this movie, but then later I found out she was a little.... slow, so it wasn't so great of a complement.

For her part, I think Dunst did what she could with a crappy character. I like her a lot, something like The Virgin Suicides shows how talented she really is, but she just had nothing to work with here.

i haven't seen it because a:its not on cable yet and b: i heard it was a ripoff of garden state.

You are correct, sir.

I finally got around to seeing this movie and it was ok. if they cut out about 20-30 minutes it would be a whole lot better.

Forum List

Back