Elizabeth Warren regains lost ground

Elizabeth Warren draws even in latest poll of Massachusetts Senate race - The Washington Post

Color me surprised. I really thought the issue did her in.

A new poll from Suffolk University/7NEWS finds Sen. Scott Brown (R) and Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren (D) in a dead heat, 48 percent to 47 percent. Suffolk last polled the race in February and found Brown had a nine-point lead.

Only five percent of voters are undecided.

Seventy-two percent of likely voters were aware of the controversy concerning Warren’s heritage and whether she used it to advance her career. Brown’s campaign has been hammering the issue for weeks, calling on Warren to release her academic records.

Of those who were aware of the story, 49 percent said Warren was telling the truth about being part Native American; 28 percent said she was not telling the truth; and 23 percent weren’t sure. Forty-one percent thought Warren benefited by listing herself as a minority in law school directories, while 45 percent said she did not.

But 69 percent of likely voters said that Warren’s Native American heritage listing is not a significant story, while 27 percent said that it is.

I don't get a vote but I think she'll be a good senator and the Democrats need her.

Why? She's proven to be unethical. Ethics is important when dealing with the peoples business. I don't care if a politician is left, right, or center, they MUST be ethical. She's not.

Forum List

Back