Elizabeth Warren passes Scott Brown in polls

His opposition beat herself in that election. Scott made it into the senate by the skin of his teeth.

no, he pretty much kicked martha coakley's ass up around her ears, IIRC.

she did suck as a candidate

He became a rock star as a candidate...He had that great line, when he said it not Ted Kennedy's seat, it's the peoples seat.

That's why conservatives don't like him, because he talked a good game in the election, but was MIA as soon as he got elected.

I don't think Martha Coakley was a bad candidate...I think that's just an excuse...I think that election was a referendum on Obama's policies, particularly Obamacare.

martha coakley sucked as a candidate. she was on record as saying something along the lines of "you expect me to go to fenway park and shake hands in the cold?" :rofl: really?

she thought it was a coronation.

I disagree with any conservative that wants Brown to win.

Having representatives that have no principals, and don't fall in line with core conservative beliefs, only dilute the party and make us less effective in the long run. He has shown us that he is more interested in his political career, than standing for Something.

It's not that all conservatives have to agree on everything, we don't, but you have to have a belief system that resembles conservatism, otherwise your not a conservative, your a self serving politician, or a trojan horse lib.

Some conservatives say at least he's a vote some of the time. There's more to holding office than voting, and we'd be better off with a strong small party, then a bunch of Rino's that spoil the bunch.

what does this *belief system* consist of?

It's the Small Tent Republican Belief System.

ahh, that's what i thought

include me out :lol:

Elizabeth Warren passes Scott Brown in polls

(NECN: Alison King) - He's the most popular politician in Massachusetts and for months Republican Senator Scott Brown has been leading the pack of democratic challengers -- until Elizabeth Warren arrived on the scene last week.

The latest poll shows Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren with a slight edge over Scott Brown, 46-44 percent.
<more>

Like I tell everyone here in my state "Scott Brown Will Lose and MA will go for Obama in 2012" Why this a shock to anyone is beyond me!

One thing is for certain, in twenty years the Republican Party will become a fringe party. The far right has driven out just about every moderate Republican. If you are not right wing bat shit crazy you don't belong.

Blah, blah, blah. You dweebs said the same thing back in the 80s during the Reagan Revolution and yet the GOP is stronger today than it was then. Then in 1994 the Republicans said the Democrats were going to die a slow death and become a fringe party, blah, blah, blah. It think it's more than obvious the two party duopoly is going nowhere and our complacent, ignorant electorate will continue to flounder back and forth between the two every time they get pissed at the other.

As the Hispanic population increases, and the Republican Party continues to shrink based on it's prerequisite that acceptable Republicans must be bat shit crazy right wing fanatics and nothing else, the Democratic Party will quickly double the size of the Republican Party. It's just a matter of time.

Ah yes, nothing like good ole leftist racism to start a day.

Massachusetts is a heavily tilted Democratic state so I imagine that Warren and Brown will trade leads right up until the election, but if things remain as they are, I believe Brown will win another term ultimately.

Massachusetts is a heavily tilted Democratic state so I imagine that Warren and Brown will trade leads right up until the election, but if things remain as they are, I believe Brown will win another term ultimately.

I think he will lose.

The conservatives don't really like him and the liberals don't really like him.

the independants like him well enough but in my state the liberals outnumber the independants.

I htink the independants will vote for him, the conservatives will probably write someone in or not vote for anyone, and the liberals will vote for Obama's buddy and she will win.

You should hear the local talk radio guys talk about her, the liberal ones, they LOVE her. Let me see if there are any clips for you to hear what I mean.

Well I dont have that clip but I have some local news reporting on her if you are interested...they disagree with me but I still think brown will lose

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfhTX5vhMqo&feature=related]FOX 25: Elizabeth Warren Has Some Pretty Serious Hurdles To Overcome - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Zcs_SO48w&feature=related]Jim Braude: Elizabeth Warren Ducked My Question - Twice - YouTube[/ame] <----that guy hates teapartiers and really really likes obama and has said so forever on the radio, yet listen to his comments about certain things. Why do I bring that up, just made me wonder how many other liberals see this stuff and wont get out to vote for obama over it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
no, he pretty much kicked martha coakley's ass up around her ears, IIRC.

she did suck as a candidate

He became a rock star as a candidate...He had that great line, when he said it not Ted Kennedy's seat, it's the peoples seat.

That's why conservatives don't like him, because he talked a good game in the election, but was MIA as soon as he got elected.

I don't think Martha Coakley was a bad candidate...I think that's just an excuse...I think that election was a referendum on Obama's policies, particularly Obamacare.

martha coakley sucked as a candidate. she was on record as saying something along the lines of "you expect me to go to fenway park and shake hands in the cold?" :rofl: really?

C'mon, every candidate has gaffes in a campaign...That wasn't even a policy gaff.

Massa-puke-and-shits already had universal HC, and they didn't want to pay for everyone else's out of state, not to mention the half a trillion in Medicare cuts.

Brown ran on a platform of being the vote to block Obamacare...Why is it so hard to admit?

C'mon, every candidate has gaffes in a campaign...That wasn't even a policy gaff.

Massa-puke-and-shits already had universal HC, and they didn't want to pay for everyone else's out of state, not to mention the half a trillion in Medicare cuts.

Brown ran on a platform of being the vote to block Obamacare...Why is it so hard to admit?

go fuck yourself

I think he will lose.

The conservatives don't really like him and the liberals don't really like him.

the independants like him well enough but in my state the liberals outnumber the independants.

I htink the independants will vote for him, the conservatives will probably write someone in or not vote for anyone, and the liberals will vote for Obama's buddy and she will win.

You should hear the local talk radio guys talk about her, the liberal ones, they LOVE her. Let me see if there are any clips for you to hear what I mean.

What's not to love? She's freakin' AWESOME! :2up:

Oh man Coakley ran a HORRID campaign. I live here man and even some uber liberal people I know were like "WTF is up with this lady" I mean who the hell gets into a public argument with a Red Sox pitcher, calls him a yankees fan, and expects to win in boston?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNpcMHwOa8]Martha Coakley: Curt Schilling Is A Yankees Fan - YouTube[/ame]

And listen to this guy, he nails it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTF2Xb6uvAw]The Real Reasons Coakley Lost To Brown - YouTube[/ame]

He's prettier than her. The right elects runway bathing suit models and nude centerfolds. If they look good, they must be good.

Regarding "small tent Republicanism," insisting on ideological purity is the same as insisting there will be no Republican in Congress from Massachusetts, or indeed from the entire Northeast, or the Rust Belt, or the upper Midwest, or the West Coast.

However, the person who said above that the GOP will dwindle to irrelevancy over the next two decades is, I believe, incorrect. Instead, I expect the party to change, and to become something abhorrent to the Tea Party (except most of the Tea Party will die a natural death from old age in the next 20 years, so that doesn't matter), and to retain its electability. Only if the GOP stayed exactly as it is now for the next 20 years would it dwindle to irrelevancy, and that isn't going to happen.

go fuck yourself

already did this morning, but just ignore the well made point.

go fuck yourself

Did you see the line he bolded? That is what he was telling you to fuck yourself over.

We are Massholes, get it right!

go fuck yourself

let me know when it shows up

Forum List

Back