Elizabeth Warren owns self on Scott Brown tax returns

I think he should release more of his "centerfolds". He might attract the women and the gay vote.

"Transparency for thee Scott Brown, but not for me."
- Fauxcahontas

Elizabeth Warren calls on Scott Brown to release more tax returns than she has - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Elizabeth Warren demanded Monday that Senator Scott Brown release more of his tax returns. The only problem was that Brown, her Republican rival, had already released six years of tax returns while Warren has refused to release more than four years of her filings.

Asked to reconcile that apparent conflict, Warren backed off her demand, saying today that six years was enough. She did not, however, offer to release any more of her IRS filings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznjAhZ0eWc]Gilda Radner Nevermind - YouTube.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Warren’s Emily Litella moment on tax returns « Hot Air

Did Warren even bother to check on Brown’s disclosure before stepping onto this political banana peel? Apparently not. If Warren is this incompetent at campaigning, research, and analysis, it’s a good thing that Republicans blocked her path to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Instead of riding high on a national wave of tax-return buzz, Warren has to hope no one notices her hypocrisy and incompetence.

Yeah. Good luck with that.
Let's be fair to Warren her taxes take longer since they have to be translated from Cherokee to English.

Jokes aside, what kills me is that this is still a close race. (last I checked) Even the Democrat voters of Massachusetts deserve better than this. Though in a Democracy it's hard to argue we deserve better than we have. (take that us)

I'm beginning to think the only sure fire, no fail solution to a Brown victory would be for President Obama himself to campaign long hard and in person for Warren.

Forward_Obama_Umbrella.jpg

OK. So I lied about "jokes aside". Sue me.

The obession with tax returns is very simple. Liberals need to "prove" that rich Republicans are evil. Tax returns which show a rich Republican got rich by killing puppies is the justification they need to assuage their conscience when they take that rich person's money by force.

You can get rich killing puppies? Hmmm...

According to my anonymous sources at Bain you can.

I think he should release more of his "centerfolds". He might attract the women and the gay vote.

You seem very eager to see him naked... You planning to vote for him?

Hey. Ronald Reagan did not hold Carter's "youth and inexperience" against him. Let's not hold Brown's hot bod against him either. :D

Win the Senate, hold the House and come what may.

You seem very eager to see him naked... You planning to vote for him?

Hey. Ronald Reagan did not hold Carter's "youth and inexperience" against him. Let's not hold Brown's hot bod against him either. :D

Win the Senate, hold the House and come what may.

Apparently there's at least one guy who does want to hold it against him. :lmao:

I've repeated the Churchill quote as "if you're not a conservative at 30, you have no brain" but I could be mistaken. Since your postings are particularly thoughtful I would like to suggest some of the writings of Mark Steyn on the "infantilized culture" we in the West have been living in for quite some time now. (if you haven't read him already of course) It's a pretty interesting topic.

However, as risky as it may be, I'd like to bump my own thread in search of Left or centrist posters who might defend or even vote for Warren. The evidence keeps mounting that this candidate is unfit for high office and most of the evidence comes from Elizabeth Warren herself.

Scott Brown hardly represents the "far right" and is very close to the center on many issues. Massachusetts gave us Romney and "Romneycare" after all. Is Brown really all that far from Mitt? How can thinking Democrats support Warren?

Love Mark Steyn. He's particularly interesting as his views are both from inside and outside the bubble of our American culture.

And it's telling that you don't have a couple of pages by now of liberals defending Fauxcahontas. I guess she's been written off.

I would hope so and like to think so but my inner cynic puts it down to the Left's media blackout mentality. That is to say, that if a preferred politician does/says something so stupid and indefensible (or an large event occurs that runs counter to the Left's narrative) it's best to bury the story.

Not to belabor a previous point but a childlike sort of hiding under the blanket until the monster goes away. Thankfully, these days, the internet makes the blanket more threadbare by the day, month and year.

You know, I think you've got a point about the media. But they've got a good bit more self-control than the kind of lefties we see around here. Even when we see the mainstream libs trying to walk back some particular bit of idiocy, i.e. "Mitt Romney killed my wife"... these guys wade right in. At this point, I just don't think they care about Warren, at least not nationally at any rate.

I can't stand the site of the woman.. But Scott Browns a close second. He's a RINO.
But hey.... They're both in Kennedy Land. Should we expect more?

Love Mark Steyn. He's particularly interesting as his views are both from inside and outside the bubble of our American culture.

And it's telling that you don't have a couple of pages by now of liberals defending Fauxcahontas. I guess she's been written off.

I would hope so and like to think so but my inner cynic puts it down to the Left's media blackout mentality. That is to say, that if a preferred politician does/says something so stupid and indefensible (or an large event occurs that runs counter to the Left's narrative) it's best to bury the story.

Not to belabor a previous point but a childlike sort of hiding under the blanket until the monster goes away. Thankfully, these days, the internet makes the blanket more threadbare by the day, month and year.

You know, I think you've got a point about the media. But they've got a good bit more self-control than the kind of lefties we see around here. Even when we see the mainstream libs trying to walk back some particular bit of idiocy, i.e. "Mitt Romney killed my wife"... these guys wade right in. At this point, I just don't think they care about Warren, at least not nationally at any rate.

Very true. CNN has been all over that story and even MSNBC gave it fair treatment. (On Morning Joe that I heard of, perhaps elsewhere on the channel too) Now, I'm not overly fond of the "if a Republican said/did it" meme but one only has to refer to the previous election of 2010 when two "not ready for prime time" Tea Party women had their Senate runs turned into national jokes. (partly of their own doing and partly by the press)

Elizabeth Warren's campaign has nothing on those of Sharron Angle or Christine O'Donnell who failed to unseat Democrats in Nevada and Delaware respectively. All three had sputtering and inept moments but only the Republicans got the national thrashing. I wouldn't be especially peeved if the media treatment was more fair and one of those elections had not resulted in Harry Reid keeping his seat. All Americans are worse off for Reid no matter the political affiliation.

Still, compared to USMB it's not even close. Half the Lib's here make Chris Mathews look like Tim Russert. (RIP) Hell, you would think the national press would be less biased than ever just given the sheer number who left their jobs to work for President Obama directly. :lol:

Federal Eye - The Ex-Journalists Now Working for Obama

Elizabeth Warren backtracks on Scott Brown

Politics had the story as well, including Warren asking for 20 years of Brown's tax returns.

The campaign said that whole 20 years thing was just a gaffe.

Campaign: Warren misspoke on demand for 20 years of Brown tax returns - BostonHerald.com

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s campaign said today that she misspoke when she said Republican Sen. Scott Brown should release 20 years of tax returns.

Well, at least she is not seeing dead people. That would be almost as scary in a candidate as it is in a Speaker.

Politics had the story as well, including Warren asking for 20 years of Brown's tax returns.

Campaign: Warren misspoke on demand for 20 years of Brown tax returns - BostonHerald.com

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s campaign said today that she misspoke when she said Republican Sen. Scott Brown should release 20 years of tax returns.

Well, at least she is not seeing dead people. That would be almost as scary in a candidate as it is in a Speaker.

Probably been hitt'n the fire water... you know how those 1/376 injuns are.

Probably been hitt'n the fire water... you know how those 1/376 injuns are.

Apparently a lot like me. :cheers2:

Forum List

Back