Elizabeth Warren: Fork, Done, etc

What's amusing to me is while the Warren camp hasn't trotted out any proof at all that there is Indian blood in the Warren bloodline...her internet "defenders" have already taken as gospel that she is 1/32 Indian on her mother's side.

Funny how I can trace my ancestors all the way back to the 1600's but poor Elizabeth can't seem to trace HER'S back four generations. Here's a dose of cold reality, Warren supporters...if there really WAS any Indian blood in Lizzie's past...they would have trotted it out at the first mention that she'd falsely claimed minority status.

To that I would say that probably her biggest 'sin' in all this is not getting a handle on the press when it first started, i.e., not taking it seriously enough.

Allowing her 'minority status' to be used by the universities in question wasn't a good idea, either.

I'm not against her, but that doesn't matter. I'm not from her state. And I do believe she'd make a great senator, but this story may have ended all that, simply because she did not act aggressively when it broke.

With all due respect, Boop...how do you "act aggressively" when you've been caught red handed misrepresenting yourself?

Own it. Get all the facts out there, with documentation.

Lizzy has turned out to be lots of fun. And I recall back when she first announced she was going to run all the joy from some of our resident lefties over how she was just gonna roll right over Brown and kick his ass out of Teddy's seat.

Time to dust off Plan B.

You seem to feel that one ancestor many generations ago still makes her a native American. The Nazi's would never have categorized somebody with one Jewish ancestor that far back as a Jew. It would seem the Nazi's were a bit less racially obsessed than you.

Lahkota would have made a fine Hitler youth.

Like Pope Ratzinger?

oh I see maybe he was only 1/8th hitler youth..whats a slobbering wreck you have become....sad really.

Why should she?

Does it make her not fit to run?

I mean..it's not like she posed naked in a magazine or something.

And even then..you can still run.

Obviously she an run. Nobody claims she committed some sort of capital offense. She's just been proven to have been dishonest. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Dishonest about what?

My Mom thought she was part American Indian for the longest time. Her half sister actually sat down and did a family tree several years ago..and found that her family had no American Indians. Interestingly enough..there was a direct link to Henry the VIII.

You do know that Henry VIII's children had no children themselves and that therefore it is impossible to be directly descended from Henry VIII, right?

When Elizabeth Warren claimed to be a descendant of native Americans she had no idea that running for political office was in her future, nor that this kind of little falsehood would be an issue. She was interested in a social benefit. When she didn't get that benefit, she quit making the claim.

To that I would say that probably her biggest 'sin' in all this is not getting a handle on the press when it first started, i.e., not taking it seriously enough.

Allowing her 'minority status' to be used by the universities in question wasn't a good idea, either.

I'm not against her, but that doesn't matter. I'm not from her state. And I do believe she'd make a great senator, but this story may have ended all that, simply because she did not act aggressively when it broke.

With all due respect, Boop...how do you "act aggressively" when you've been caught red handed misrepresenting yourself?

Own it. Get all the facts out there, with documentation.

It's nothing more than a fairly simple dishonesty at some point in her career. It would indeed have been much smarter to simply recognize this failing. It's not like politicians are less prone to human frailty than other people.

Obviously she an run. Nobody claims she committed some sort of capital offense. She's just been proven to have been dishonest. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Dishonest about what?

My Mom thought she was part American Indian for the longest time. Her half sister actually sat down and did a family tree several years ago..and found that her family had no American Indians. Interestingly enough..there was a direct link to Henry the VIII.

So the fact that your Mom is clueless somehow proves that Elizabeth Warren wasn't being dishonest? Too funny...

Again..dishonest about what?

And my Mom wasn't "clueless", this is what her Mom told her..

Family "lore" is sometimes different from reality.

You know..like Rubio's family running away from Castro?

:lol:

Dishonest about what?

So the fact that your Mom is clueless somehow proves that Elizabeth Warren wasn't being dishonest? Too funny...

Dishonest about her status as a minority. How stupid are you?

Dishonest about what?

You do know that Henry VIII's children had no children themselves and that therefore it is impossible to be directly descended from Henry VIII, right?

Well I suppose it's not to dangerous to let out my Mother's maiden name..

Charles Brandon, duke of Suffolk and Princess Mary Tudor: Biography, Portrait, Primary Sources

That's her line.

I was reading this earlier today.

My stance on this has always been that if leverage had been used to procure employment in any way shape or form via any claim of minority status, it would be immoral.

Why? Quite simply because that position procured by falsehood would then be denied to a rightful minority.

I always do the benefit of the doubt, etc but as Christopher Reeve's girlfriend once said (course, she was talking about illegitimate offspring) "Once is an honest mistake, but anything after that is tacky."

Harvard? Explanations made sense, yada-yada; whatever. This? I can't wrap my mind around it as still being an 'oops.'

She's still a Democrat, so compared to: taking a $106,000 piece of land from a felon, plagiarizer, lying about your military honors and medals, being a Grand Kleagle of the KKK, leaving your GF to drown....this is pretty mild stuff

Is it too late to field another candidate, not that it even matters because even if its too late or even if the candidate dies, someone Dem can step right in

No big deal

You got proof she's wrong, of course.

Show it.

Dishonest about what?

Well I suppose it's not to dangerous to let out my Mother's maiden name..

Charles Brandon, duke of Suffolk and Princess Mary Tudor: Biography, Portrait, Primary Sources

That's her line.

You can believe that if you want to. Still no direct descent from Henry VIII since nobody is directly descended from Henry VIII because he had no grandchildren.

Dishonest about what?

And he had no siblings? And his children had no illegitimate offspring? Just trying to be clear on the possibilities.

Show it.

According to you she's a native American? Give it a rest. It is extremely stupid to defend something like this. It turns what is a minor thing into a big thing.

My stance on this has always been that if leverage had been used to procure employment in any way shape or form via any claim of minority status, it would be immoral.

Why? Quite simply because that position procured by falsehood would then be denied to a rightful minority.

I always do the benefit of the doubt, etc but as Christopher Reeve's girlfriend once said (course, she was talking about illegitimate offspring) "Once is an honest mistake, but anything after that is tacky."

Harvard? Explanations made sense, yada-yada; whatever. This? I can't wrap my mind around it as still being an 'oops.'

She's still a Democrat, so compared to: taking a $106,000 piece of land from a felon, plagiarizer, lying about your military honors and medals, being a Grand Kleagle of the KKK, leaving your GF to drown....this is pretty mild stuff

Is it too late to field another candidate, not that it even matters because even if its too late or even if the candidate dies, someone Dem can step right in

No big deal

Ya still have to take the slam, even when I went bi-partisan by starting the thread? Just checking the rules, I lost my handbook.

No big deal

Stealing a maserati, getting busted for a DWI, pardoning a known terrorist involved in the deaths of over 100 people, making deals with the family of a terrorist involved in the deaths of over 3000 Americans, making deals with enemies to hold hostages until after an election, giving money to terrorists known to have raped and killed American nuns..

No big deal if you are a Republican.

Dishonest about what?

And he had no siblings? And his children had no illegitimate offspring? Just trying to be clear on the possibilities.

No, Henry VIII's children had no children (legitimate or otherwise). Anybody who claims descent from Henry VIII is a liar or believes in fairy tales.

Show it.

According to you she's a native American? Give it a rest. It is extremely stupid to defend something like this. It turns what is a minor thing into a big thing.

According to him, she has enough NA to qualify for minority status, and he is correct about that, if she can prove it (and I do believe she can.)

Dishonest about what?

It was actually a sister of Henry VIII..

But of course..it's an entirely different family to this rube.

Forum List

Back